Indiana - Butler

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Indiana - Butler

Unread post by ramster »

Well,
as usual a team allows the opponent to take a 3 with 5 seconds on the clock to tie the game.
If Butler fouls, then Indiana goes to the line for 2, has to make the first, miss the 2nd on purpose, hope for a rebound and make the two.
Or allow a 21 foot jumper for 3 - and Indiana hits it.
Butler deserves to lose the game now, but we'll see now in OT
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: Indiana - Butler

Unread post by ramster »

Butler with a 2 point lead, Indiana with the ball with 23 seconds to go, would be a great win for the A10. Has been a strong day for the A10 so far today.
0 x
HobbyBurley
Jeff Kent

Unread post by HobbyBurley »

Big win. So easy to root for Butler - underdog, great coach, always play a tough OOC schedule. Now even easier that they're in the same conference.

Edit: Was sick for a few days...just caught up on that news. Sigh.
Last edited by HobbyBurley 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Brutus
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brutus »

What a great addition Butler is going to be in the new Big East.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

u are a loser of the highest order....trolling our board to gloat. what an assclown.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Brutus wrote:What a great addition Butler is going to be in the new Big East.
And this is why some see you as a troll. If you can't resist making comments like these, I'm fine with handing out additional timeouts, since you're not contributing much else. Please try to refrain from dumping vinegar into the wound on every thread if you can.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

And what a complete ass you are.
0 x
Brutus
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brutus »

SGreenwell wrote:
And this is why some see you as a troll. If you can't resist making comments like these, I'm fine with handing out additional timeouts, since you're not contributing much else. Please try to refrain from dumping vinegar into the wound on every thread if you can.
Mr. Greenwell I'm not gloating just stating facts. I've done nothing but post facts that have been proven correct. I feel that the mods here are a little thin skinned. Rod posted on the Friar board last week putting down PC but no timeout was administered by the mod over there.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Brutus wrote:
SGreenwell wrote:
Mr. Greenwell I'm not gloating just stating facts. I've done nothing but post facts that have been proven correct. I feel that the mods here are a little thin skinned. Rod posted on the Friar board last week putting down PC but no timeout was administered by the mod over there.
It's not a fact yet.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Cut the shit, troll!
That was just a smart assed remark, and you know damned well
what you're on this board for.
Take a hike!
I left the PC board after last week, as there's no reason to post there,
since the annual game is over. I wasn't trolling, since several over there, like, Coren, Petro, and Darth, are familiar
with me over the years.
Funny, I got a bunch of PMs from people on that board, apologizing for the rudeness
of some on that board.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Brutus wrote:
SGreenwell wrote:
Your answer and posting completely neglects context. Facts without context are silly, and you trying to portray yourself as not jabbing at the board just makes you look more petty. I don't particularly care what the PC board does in terms of moderation - That's up to them. But like TP, I prefer that the discussion at least stays relatively on point, instead of people just coming into threads to derail.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

And following my last post, to both sides of this - Let's keep the discussion focused on Butler's upset win against Indiana. If you want to talk about Butler's possible defection from the Atlantic 10, well, there is already quite the topic about that. I'd prefer not seeing it bleed into every other discussion on the board.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

I answered, since my name was brought up in a discussion I had no part in,
since I just got home from Kingston.
0 x
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

Yes, and when Stevens leaves for a "better conference" in a few years it will look even better.
0 x
Brutus
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brutus »

Like I've said before you people don't know who I am or who I know so how can you say that I'm not stating facts? Just because the info I know as fact hasn't been released to the media, doesn't mean they're not facts.
0 x
Sweep The Leg
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Sweep The Leg »

I'm sure your sources love the fact you're releasing confidential information on a messageboard. And are you really trying to pull a Ron Burgandy, 'I'm kind of a big deal.' That's sad.
0 x
'No Mercy.'
NHRamFan
Lamar Odom

Unread post by NHRamFan »

If you are "in the know," then please cite sources with quotes, etc. The reality is that the bulk of your contributions here are akin to jibes and pokes. Please run along.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Brutus wrote:Like I've said before you people don't know who I am or who I know so how can you say that I'm not stating facts? Just because the info I know as fact hasn't been released to the media, doesn't mean they're not facts.
If you're not willing to share your background or where the information you get is coming from, then it's essentially not information - it's rumor, it's speculation, it's gossip. Frankly, pretty much everything you've posted is either 1) shots at URI or 2) "information" that could be gleaned by anyone who regularly watches and reads coverage on college basketball.

In the middle of last year, we had a guy come on here with a big scoop - Jim Baron was going to be fired before the end of the year! He wouldn't release his source, or share how close he was to the program, but good golly, he was sure it was going to happen. Of course, the second part of his post was all about how URI had no interest in Hurley, and the shoe-in for the job was some random assistant who (IIRC) didn't even get interviewed.

So, if you're not willing to reveal sources, and you don't have a track record of providing the board with valuable, non-biased information, no, you're not going to be treated with much respect. Post without the snark for a bit, and post information that pans out, and you'll get respect. Sean has been posting over here for years, and while he and the URI fans will gladly mix it up at times, he did get some props and praise after his prediction of the Friars easily beating the Rams even with a depleted roster this year turned out to be correct.
0 x
Brutus
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brutus »

Good enough Mr. Greenwell but so far everything I have stated has come true so I'm either very lucky, or really in the know. As this entire senario pans out I hope you'll be big enough to admit I was right.
0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Brutus wrote:Like I've said before you people don't know who I am or who I know so how can you say that I'm not stating facts? Just because the info I know as fact hasn't been released to the media, doesn't mean they're not facts.
Alright who are you? You keep teasing us with this you don't know who I am...come out and tell us already.
0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Must be Jim Donaldson.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I agree. If you're not willing to tell us who you are, then SHUT THE HELL UP!
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

John Marinatto
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

So, mister in the know, can you tell us at least what the name of the next mid major conference is going to be? That shouldn't be to hard for you if all is said and done.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Some people are really strange. If my school was going to a downgraded conference from what they have been in, I wouldn't be happy at all. Perhaps this happiness from some is an admission that they really did not belong playing with the big boys. Welcome to life outside a power conference. The new reality will be soon setting in.
0 x
Brutus
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brutus »

RF1 wrote:Some people are really strange. If my school was going to a downgraded conference from what they have been in, I wouldn't be happy at all. Perhaps this happiness from some is an admission that they really did not belong playing with the big boys. Welcome to life outside a power conference. The new reality will be soon setting in.
Keep wishing RF1 your nightmare is ahead of you.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Brutus wrote:
RF1 wrote:Some people are really strange. If my school was going to a downgraded conference from what they have been in, I wouldn't be happy at all. Perhaps this happiness from some is an admission that they really did not belong playing with the big boys. Welcome to life outside a power conference. The new reality will be soon setting in.
It seems you are in your nightmare now. I went to the pc board and thought it was the A10 board. Love for SLU, Butler, X, Dayton. Again, welcome to the mid majors, your "elite" status has ended. ,
0 x
Brutus
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brutus »

theblueram wrote:
Brutus wrote:
It seems you are in your nightmare now. I went to the pc board and thought it was the A10 board. Love for SLU, Butler, X, Dayton. Again, welcome to the mid majors, your "elite" status has ended. ,

Keep wishing blue, you're going to need it.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Just another team for you guys to look up at in the standings. At least you're used to it.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Can we just ban this jerk? He's obviously here just to cause trouble and he offers nothing.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Oh, and I can't wait for this jackass to say that Butler,X,Dayton,SLU or Creighton are "elite" now because they may marry pc in a conference. Please. After we have been told for years we are mid major because we aren't BCS. Guess what db? You are no longer BCS. Mid major baby!
0 x
Brutus
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brutus »

theblueram wrote:Oh, and I can't wait for this jackass to say that Butler,X,Dayton,SLU or Creighton are "elite" now because they may marry pc in a conference. Please. After we have been told for years we are mid major because we aren't BCS. Guess what db? You are no longer BCS. Mid major baby!
What's the A10 going to be? On a par with America East?
0 x
Brutus
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brutus »

Billyboy78 wrote:Can we just ban this jerk? He's obviously here just to cause trouble and he offers nothing.
Right let's ban the guy who tell's the truths that we don't want to hear. Is that about right?
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

The BE7 is going to have to wait until June 2015 to leave. That's 2 and half years from now. The ONLY way that might change, is if they pay thru the nose, as in an exit fee. Looks like they may also not get any of the exit fee money from all the other schools that are in the process of leaving.

That means no one's going ANYWHERE for at least 3 seasons.

A lot can, and will, happen during that time. X has not committed yet, at least publicly, and Dayton hasn't been contacted yet. No one has definitely said they are leaving.

What people THINK might happen might still happen, or maybe not. In the meantime, the A10 will make some moves to strengthen itself.

I'm not as worried as I was a few days ago. Things will work out.

And some people are just blowing smoke, eh Brutus?
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I'm also hearing that the BE7 only want a 10 team league.

If that's true, it MIGHT be X, Butler, and Creighton.

No mention of Dayton or St Louis. Or VCU.

If this comes to pass, the A10 will take a hit, but will be OK.

Anyway, by then, URI is going to be a player, baby.

Book it! :P
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

don't understand why everyone says Butler, they are good but would be the only non-catholic team in the conference
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

Must be "The Unknown Friar."
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

twisted, no one really knows about Butler.

Anyway, they can have St Louis if they want them, instead of Butler. No big loss there.

Then the BE7 can be the C10.

That should be their new name, the Catholic 10! Should strike fear in opponent's hearts! Ha!
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

I hope Temple decides to stay.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I had Butler plus the pts today

Great win for them and VCU beat Bama easily at home today
0 x
Brutus
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brutus »

rambone 78 wrote:The BE7 is going to have to wait until June 2015 to leave. That's 2 and half years from now. The ONLY way that might change, is if they pay thru the nose, as in an exit fee. Looks like they may also not get any of the exit fee money from all the other schools that are in the process of leaving.

That means no one's going ANYWHERE for at least 3 seasons.

A lot can, and will, happen during that time. X has not committed yet, at least publicly, and Dayton hasn't been contacted yet. No one has definitely said they are leaving.

What people THINK might happen might still happen, or maybe not. In the meantime, the A10 will make some moves to strengthen itself.

I'm not as worried as I was a few days ago. Things will work out.

And some people are just blowing smoke, eh Brutus?
Wow is this post incorrect.
0 x
Brutus
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brutus »

twisted3829 wrote:don't understand why everyone says Butler, they are good but would be the only non-catholic team in the conference
twisted once again the media is calling it the catholic league, the BE7 aren't. The BE7 wants schools that have made basketball the priority not religion therefore they want Butler. Butler fans are chomping at the bit to leave the A10 to join with the BE7, so are Creighton, Dayton, SLU and X fans.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Golly Gee Willikers, Batman!
He not only knows The Unknown Soldier,
He's has intimate knowledge of what the fanbases of
four other schools want!
Wow! Imagine how this guy cleans up playing horses or the stock market.
He can probably read the horses minds!
It's Sunday, people, and we've all been worshipping the wrong deity!
Who knew?
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Frankly, I don't see what is so great about the BE7. Four of them, St. John's, PC, De Paul and Seton Hall all have seen better days, experiencing limited success in recent years as the competitive level has increased and money and size have come to dominate. None of these schools has made an investment in facilities that comes close to that made by Saint Louis or Xavier, nor can they match the older investments of Butler or Dayton. Outside DePaul, you could say that these schools have preferred to leech off the football schools which will soon be gone. It's rather ironic that PC fans who always dumped on the A-10, now are faced with an absolute need to poach A-10 schools to make their new league viable. The BE7 is diminished without them and knowing that should put those A-10 schools in a great bargaining position.
0 x
Brutus
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brutus »

rodfromcranston wrote:Golly Gee Willikers, Batman!
He not only knows The Unknown Soldier,
He's has intimate knowledge of what the fanbases of
four other schools want!
Wow! Imagine how this guy cleans up playing horses or the stock market.
He can probably read the horses minds!
It's Sunday, people, and we've all been worshipping the wrong deity!
Who knew?
Really Rod. Do what I've been doing and go to those 5 schools messageboards and read what they REALLY feel. Everyone of them is praying for the BE7 to come calling. No mystery there now is there.
0 x
Brutus
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brutus »

Obadiah wrote:Frankly, I don't see what is so great about the BE7. Four of them, St. John's, PC, De Paul and Seton Hall all have seen better days, experiencing limited success in recent years as the competitive level has increased and money and size have come to dominate. None of these schools has made an investment in facilities that comes close to that made by Saint Louis or Xavier, nor can they match the older investments of Butler or Dayton. Outside DePaul, you could say that these schools have preferred to leech off the football schools which will soon be gone. It's rather ironic that PC fans who always dumped on the A-10, now are faced with an absolute need to poach A-10 schools to make their new league viable. The BE7 is diminished without them and knowing that should put those A-10 schools in a great bargaining position.
Right Obadiah, great bargaining position? Hard to be in a great bargaining position when they want nothing more than to get out of the A10 and align themselves with the BE7. Seems those institutions feel the same way that Friar fans have felt about the A10 all along.

BTW do you believe that the BE7 is making this move without behind the scenes talks with institutions that they would like to invite? If so you're very naive.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Oh, thanks Brutus for that gem of an insight that the BE7 have been talking to other institutions. Wow, who would've thought that. Next you will be telling us the sun rises in the East and sets in the West. It's that broad Catholic eduction you have that gives you these vast insights over us mere mortals.

The important thing is what are they discussing in detail. I don't know what those elements are.... and neither do you.
0 x
Brutus
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brutus »

Obadiah wrote:Oh, thanks Brutus for that gem of an insight that the BE7 have been talking to other institutions. Wow, who would've thought that. Next you will be telling us the sun rises in the East and sets in the West. It's that broad Catholic eduction you have that gives you these vast insights over us mere mortals.

The important thing is what are they discussing in detail. I don't know what those elements are.... and neither do you.
Well then Obadiah, if you knew that, why would you have said that the A10 schools would have bargaining power? Anyone in the know can tell you these schools are begging to get an invite to the new league and not playing hardball.

But hey, I don't know anything. ;)
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Whether they want to get into the league or not is irrelevant. The facts is that the BE7 is diminished without them and they know that! If I were Xavier, Dayton, etc. for example, I would join the league only with the proviso that there is no monetary penalty if I choose to leave and no time limitation. That's the bargaining power.
0 x
Brutus
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Brutus »

Obadiah wrote:Whether they want to get into the league or not is irrelevant. The facts is that the BE7 is diminished without them and they know that! If I were Xavier, Dayton, etc. for example, I would join the league only with the proviso that there is no monetary penalty if I choose to leave and no time limitation. That's the bargaining power.
Then the BE7 would just tell them to screw. I know for a FACT that Gonzaga, Creighton and SLU have all contacted the BE7 to let them know they want in. I also heard Richmond and VCU would love to come for the ride so X and Dayton have no bargaining power at all because there are others to take their place.
0 x