Chris Disano catches up with Stanford Robinson

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Chris Disano catches up with Stanford Robinson

Unread post by adam914 »

More good work from Chris. My favorite answer was this "I like being a defense/energy guy." I feel we missed that kind of a guy last year at times.

http://www.coxhub.com/articles/stanford ... o-uri-rams
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
BleedBlue87
ARD

Re: Chris Disano catches up with Stanford Robinson

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

Good stuff. Gets me excited.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Good stuff. I like him. Even though he couldn't play, he was a great teammate during a really difficult season.

His thoughts on Dan, being a players' coach and all that, are interesting. If you remember, because of the timing, Hurley was less directly involved in Robinson's recruitment than pretty much anyone else on the roster. His commitment was a lot about his relationship with Cox and then him liking his future teammates.

They had such a short bench last year, and I'm looking forward to seeing Robinson in that role. You have to think that makes Terrell and Garrett even better. Lot to live up to wearing that number, but I'm intrigued by guys who crave and embrace that defense/energy role.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Sounds like a really smart passionate guy.
0 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

Liked his energy before games and during games.. Seemed to fit in well.. Always cheering on teammates.. Looks like a real positive chemistry player.. Let's hope it translates to his game.. Depth is a major key to any success this team has this year..
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

See him as a Swiss army knife/utility guy, or a TJ Buchanan with more offensive skills. A valuable piece given he can play the 1,2 or 3.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Great stuff indeed. He will add valuable depth to the backcourt can't wait to see him fit in
0 x
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

Should be interesting to see him on the court. From reading that interview he seems similar to Terrell. Both guys are probably better at defense than offense while Terrell is a better shooter but Stan is better at getting to the rim.
0 x
Ramblinrose
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Ramblinrose »

Looking forward to him on the court.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Terrell was plenty good at getting to the rim.
He is going to have a monster season next year.
By playing alongside EC and Jarvis he will be drawing the 3rd best perimeter defender. That should be a matchup advantage for us every night. B
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Terrell can get to the rim I just want to see him finish a little better he missed a lot of easy ones last year
0 x
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

bigappleram wrote:Terrell was plenty good at getting to the rim.
He is going to have a monster season next year.
By playing alongside EC and Jarvis he will be drawing the 3rd best perimeter defender. That should be a matchup advantage for us every night. B
Terrell was ok at getting to the rim but as Reef said could definitely improve his finishing. Often times he just looked like he was out of control when driving.

It will be interesting to see how both Terrell and Jarvis play this year alongside EC. As you said Terrell should always have a matchup advantage but with EC back he will have the ball in his hands less than last year and won't have as many opportunities to shoot.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I am hoping JT keeps working on that outside shot, we need him EC and JG to be consistent threats from the trifecta area
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Check out @CDiSano44's Tweet:
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Me thinks the DiSano insinuation is that Blue Ribbon is picking the Rhody Rams to win the A-10.
0 x
reckless jake
ARD

Unread post by reckless jake »

My thought is that we are included in the Blue Ribbon pre-season top 25. Typically the write ups for top 25 teams are longer and provide more detailed information

We may be their pick for conference champ
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

I still have Dayton as my pick to win the conference for now. Could two A10 teams make it into preseason top 25s?

For reference, here's Blue Ribbon's top 25 from last preseason: Kentucky, Maryland, Virginia, North Carolina, Kansas, Duke, Arizona, Iowa State, Villanova, Gonzaga, Wichita State, California, Indiana, Vanderbilt, Michigan State, Oklahoma, Michigan, Oregon, Purdue, Utah, SMU, Texas A&M, Connecticut, Butler, Dayton
0 x
reckless jake
ARD

Unread post by reckless jake »

Interesting to look back at their 2015 top 25. They missed big time on Xavier is the first thought that immediately comes to my mind.

I definitely think we could have two top 25 teams in the A10 and VCU may be right up there with Dayton and URI.

Not pre-season top 25 worthy by any means, but an unpredictable "wild card" team will be LaSalle with all of their high profile transfers.
0 x