2016-17 Bracketology

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
urirx
ARD

Re: 2016-17 Bracketology

Unread post by urirx »

I think the last part of RF post is the most relevant. I think if Richmond had won. they would of slated VCU and Dayton with one more slot labeled for A10 champion. Now I think it is a first four slot labeled A10 loser and a second slot on the 9-10 line with A10 champ. the committee isn't going to want to rewrite the whole thing, and this minimizes that.
1 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

if Richmond had won they would have stolen the last spot from URI
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

With that beautifully executed destruction of the kitties, Rhody jumped up 11 points to 41 in KenPom!
2 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

It really was immaculate
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I expect us to be in, win or lose tomorrow...unless we look horrible and get blown out by VCU. I certainly don't expect that to happen with the way we're playing now.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

ATPTourFan wrote:With that beautifully executed destruction of the kitties, Rhody jumped up 11 points to 41 in KenPom!
As long as we don't slide way back tomorrow, that number should lock us in. I thought that was our one weak spot.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

IF we don't win the A10 we are the first or second question the CBS crew asks the Committee Chair- why are they/aren't they in. the computers have generally liked us this year, what it comes down to is some of the subjective stuff of who did you beat, when did you beat them, and do we like you now? The human part of the committee.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

The way we've played since we lost to Fordham should be a deciding factor....we aren't hanging on, we are coming on......

and I don't see us playing poorly tomorrow....although I'll bet the committee will be watching us along with a national audience.

The way VCU plays...aggressive...ensures that we will return the favor.....just have to make shots...especially make a decent % of 3's and good FT shooting.

We shouldn't be out of gas....nobody played big minutes today, unlike some of VCU's players.
1 x
Joe
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Joe »

VCU wins their games by out-toughing their opponents. Does any rational human being think that we're getting out-toughed tomorrow?

Last time the Rams danced I wasn't born. Can't wait to hear our name called at the Selection Show.

thEComeback
2 x
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

Joe wrote:VCU wins their games by out-toughing their opponents. Does any rational human being think that we're getting out-toughed tomorrow?

Last time the Rams danced I wasn't born. Can't wait to hear our name called at the Selection Show.

thEComeback
I am by far not the oldest ram on this board, but this comment still hurts...
3 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Joe wrote:VCU wins their games by out-toughing their opponents. Does any rational human being think that we're getting out-toughed tomorrow?

thEComeback
hell to the FUCK yes. You never know what you are going to get from this team from deep or from the FT line, but you know you're going to get toughness and defense. We play with so much emotion and confidence, we already beat them once, I LOVE our chances.

Last time the Rams danced I was 10, 11, and 12. My chief concerns centered around who we had available in the neighborhood for manhunt that night, and who's house we would go over to play madden on our playstation. I didn't think it would be until I was married with a house and a dog and ON MY 30TH BIRTHDAY that I would have a chance to see this again.

LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO
Last edited by Blue Man 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

VCU likes to bully teams...bad news for them is we're the bigger bully. It won us the game before.

Hass and Terrell feed off of physical play.
Last edited by Da_Process_Survivor 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

uri -1 tomorrow that is the current line
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

In addition to pulling for Middle Tennessee who is in a battle right now, a Duke win would help our RPI as well.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Cool I am pulling for the Dookies plus I bet them also
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

So, we're favored over one of the teams in our conference that is already in. And we just blew out the team that eliminated the other team in our conference that is already in. Before RPI and all that other crap they use now, we'd already be in too because of what we've done the last few weeks.
1 x
KillSteenKill
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by KillSteenKill »

Its funny Bill Koch was all gloom and doom about our at large chances 24 hours ago even if we lost in the championship game but I get where he was coming from.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Here come the Marshall Thundering Herd aka the bid stealers could be taking our dream away
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

reef wrote:Here come the Marshall Thundering Herd aka the bid stealers could be taking our dream away
We control our dream
0 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

Fully acknowledging we control our own fate, Marshall is having a melt down right now. key player just fouled out, and coach got a T.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

urirx wrote:Fully acknowledging we control our own fate, Marshall is having a melt down right now. key player just fouled out, and coach got a T.
Such an obvious and terrible block too. If you have four fouls with 5 minutes to go why are you even trying to draw a charge...nevermind being so terrible at it?
0 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Middle Tennessee state wins!! no bid stealers left
2 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

The committee likely knows tonight weather we are playing for a bid tomorrow or we are already in . Tough for us fans though
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

It's all in our hands now.......or the committee's if we don't get it done tomorrow.

Win.....100% in....obvious call of the century......

Lose.....60% chance we're in......nervous Nellie time.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Right the committee can stick it right to us and if that happens we will vent about it tomorrow on the board
0 x
Bigsnoop
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Bigsnoop »

The bubble completely collapsed this year. URI is in regardless of what happens, but I fully expect you guys to beat VCU. The at large are already selected. My hunch is the winner tomorrow gets a 9 or 10 seed, and the loser gets an 11th.

Congratulations.
4 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Bigsnoop wrote:The bubble completely collapsed this year. URI is in regardless of what happens, but I fully expect you guys to beat VCU. The at large are already selected. My hunch is the winner tomorrow gets a 9 or 10 seed, and the loser gets an 11th.

Congratulations.
I'll take you at your word snoop :D
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Today was the best single day in URI basketball in the past 18 years. Absolute ass kicking handed out in the A10 semifinals and every break rpi and bubble wise went our way.

Tomorrow could make today only the 2nd best day in 18 years :-)
Last edited by Blue Man 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
3 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Just saw that Lunardi has us playing Syracuse in the play in game, and the winner gets.......drumroll please.......Cincy.
0 x
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

Blue Man wrote:Today was the best single day in URI basketball in the past 18 years. Absolute ass kicking handed out in the A10 semifinals and every break rpi and bubble wise went our way.

Tomorrow could make today only the 2nd best day in 18 years :-)
From your fingertips to god's email...and that he reads them on Sundays..
2 x
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

rambone 78 wrote:Just saw that Lunardi has us playing Syracuse in the play in game, and the winner gets.......drumroll please.......Cincy.
I thought you couldn't repeat people until the round of 32? or did they change that rule when they added the first four?
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Not going to happen anyway....we are going to be a 10 seed after winning tomorrow.....
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

rambone 78 wrote:Just saw that Lunardi has us playing Syracuse in the play in game, and the winner gets.......drumroll please.......Cincy.
Lunardi is in the extreme minority of bracketologists who even have Syracuse in the field.

He's far from accurate.

That resume, neutral/road record, and a first round tournament loss is bad.
0 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Who does Lunardi have as his first 2 out ?? USC and Illinois State ??
0 x
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

rambone 78 wrote:Not going to happen anyway....we are going to be a 10 seed after winning tomorrow.....
Actually, I agree we are probably a 10 seed tomorrow if/when we win. the 12 and 11 seeds are full of lower level auto bids (UVM type) certainly able to win a game, but not above a conference with an at large team in it. and I can't see any of those 4 BE teams that are bubble pushing us down the line to an 11
0 x
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

reef wrote:Who does Lunardi have as his first 2 out ?? USC and Illinois State ??
Yes. he has stuck by cuse when less then 25% of bracket folks have kept them as of this mornings update
0 x
Bigsnoop
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Bigsnoop »

The problem is there are only about 66 worthy teams, and a Syracuse, USC, Cal, Vandy, or Illinois State type will fill the last spot or two.
0 x
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

Bigsnoop wrote:The problem is there are only about 66 worthy teams, and a Syracuse, USC, Cal, Vandy, or Illinois State type will fill the last spot or two.
I had to pick two from that list it is Vandy and Ill state. Vandy #1 SOS,SEC smart kids, and big wins just is going to make them the first 15 lose At large. and I always want to reward the non high major conferences.

I will fully admit that after watching the Pac12 tourney this week, and listening to Bill walton's homerism that makes Dickie V look neutral towards the ACC, I can't support USC or especially Cal.

*assumption URI is in ahead of all these teams
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

The one thing that's potentially crushing, is that if we lose tomorrow, the worst that can happen is that we are the 1st team out.....no way could we fall any lower than that.

But that would be crushing to say the least...we can NOT let that even be a possibility.

The overall number one seed in the NIT sounds great, but it's not...no way no how.
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

This is the first time in my life that I have spent more than a nanosecond perusing online chat boards for information on bracketology. And I am not a young man.

But I am mystified that a play-by-play guy for St. Joseph's Aspirin for Children is the Oracle of Postseason Prognostication. In other words, what I am trying to say is:

FUCK THIS LUNARDI CHARACTER

(And he's even more of a dweeb than I imagined:
Last edited by PeteRI 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Wait, so maybe I am reading too much into this, but wouldn't the only "contingency" then be if we win and get the auto bid? Otherwise they don't have us in?
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I don't like the sound of that. That could mean if we lose, they have another team taking our place.

Ours is the only game involving a bubble team. Who knows? Maybe even VCU's bid is in question if they lose, although with their numbers I doubt it.

I get the feeling we have to win. Syracuse or USC gets in if we don't.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Right, we are the only bubble team still playing, so the only contingency they could need is if we win and take a spot that they do not have us in right now.
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

as in yale beats penn, arkansas beats kentucky, uri moves from first 4 to auto

lots of different scenarios

all of which would effect seeding
Last edited by twisted3829 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

twisted3829 wrote:as in yale beats penn, arkansas beats kentucky, uri moves from first 4 to auto

lots of different scenarios

all of which would effect seeding
Ok, thank you for talking me off the ledge here. I am getting paranoid.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Yeah there are other scenarios....but you can't help feeling a little uneasy.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I'm choosing to read it in the positive manner. That we're already in, it's only our seeding that will be determined based on the outcome of our game. Of course I have nothing to base that on other than an excessive amount of beer and the fear of the other side of the coin.
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

as much as this bubble ride isn't exactly the best, there is a lot of Keaney Blue at the top of all the sports websites right now. Can't hate everybody talking about URI
2 x