DeAndre' Bembry hires agent, declares for NBA Draft

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Re: DeAndre' Bembry hires agent, declares for NBA Draft

Unread post by luke »

I may be in the minority, but I think Bembry may have problems in the NBA because he is a tweener.
I don't think he has the ball handling skills to be a guard and he isn't big enough to be an NBA forward.
and his outside shooting isn't great either. He was a very good college level player, but I will be surprised
if he stays on an NBA roster more than two seasons.
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

I feel like Bembry is destined for a team like the Spurs. Bembry will stick in the league and a smart team like the Spurs will snag him in the late first round and have a serviceable role player off the bench.

IMO, Bembry does a bunch of things well but isn't particularly dynamic at one thing relative to the NBA.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I think he goes in between 20-30 which should put him on a playoff type team
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

reef wrote:I think he goes in between 20-30 which should put him on a playoff type team
Yeah, and I think that would be good for him. I think his ceiling in the league might be a good contributor off the bench, but at that point in the first round, you're usually either drafting for that or taking bigggg long-shot prospects who seldom contribute.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Went late first round.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Many pundits loved his pick at 21 to the Hawks and project him as a starter if he can become a better shooter in the future. His flexibility to potentially play positions 1-3 and defend should give him the potential to have a prolonged career in the league.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

A month ago or even a week ago who would have predicted Bembry to go #21 in the first round?
He goes from the St Joseph's Hawks to the Atlanta Hawks.
I might have guessed Bentil to go about the same thing I've as Bembry yet Bentil drops all the way to #21 in the second round or 51st player picked. Pretty amazing.
I like Bembry's chances with the Hawks, especially with Coach Bud who hails from the San Antonio Spurs coaching staff.
0 x
Ramblinrose
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Ramblinrose »

Who advised Bentil to turn pro? Rod from Cranston? If not for the Celtics, he might have gone undrafted.
0 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Come on Rosie--in the holiday spirit how can you be picking on my good buddy Rod...........
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Ramblinrose wrote:Who advised Bentil to turn pro? Rod from Cranston? If not for the Celtics, he might have gone undrafted.

From Bill Reynolds For its Worth column this past Saturday:

LINE OF THE WEEK II comes from old friend Brad Dexter: “There’s no truth to the rumor the Friars’ Ben Bentil was given draft advice by the Rhody Ram.

Too bad there apparently were no Rhody fans at the draft repaying Bentil with taunts after he was not picked until late in the draft severely impacting his chances of sticking around the NBA. Bentil and his coach seemed to think URI fans back in December needed a further reminder of their team's loss other than the game score as they slowly made their way off the Ryan center court engaging the fans. I have not forgotten that and can't say I shed a tear for either of them last week.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RF1 wrote:
Ramblinrose wrote:Who advised Bentil to turn pro? Rod from Cranston? If not for the Celtics, he might have gone undrafted.

From Bill Reynolds For its Worth column this past Saturday:

LINE OF THE WEEK II comes from old friend Brad Dexter: “There’s no truth to the rumor the Friars’ Ben Bentil was given draft advice by the Rhody Ram.

Too bad there apparently were no Rhody fans at the draft repaying Bentil with taunts after he was not picked until late in the draft severely impacting his chances of sticking around the NBA. Bentil and his coach seemed to think URI fans back in December needed a further reminder of their team's loss other than the game score as they slowly made their way off the Ryan center court engaging the fans. I have not forgotten that and can't say I shed a tear for either of them last week.
Plus Cooley with his stupid speech saying it is not a rivalry then his infamous "Merry Christmas"
No tears shed here either
0 x
Ramblinrose
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Ramblinrose »

I remember when it truly was a rivalry ...played twice a season. No conferences. I wonder if EC will be next year's Bentil ... coming out early.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

This will finally be the year where Hurley beats Pee Cee
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Cooley said in December that the only rivalries can be in the BE conference, somURI PC cannot therefore be a rivalry.
0 x