BC sells out game with opponent fans making up 2/3 of crowd

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

BC sells out game with opponent fans making up 2/3 of crowd

Unread post by RF1 »

Boston College had its highest attendance total to date today in a game versus Syracuse that it lost 75-61. The Eagles are now 7-18 overall and 0-12 in the ACC.

According to an ESPN report:

There were numerous fans clad in orange throughout Conte Forum, appearing to make up about two-thirds of the crowd. Chants of "Let's Go Orange!" broke out on a handful of occasions.

At times, BC's bench had to get up and cheer timely plays by their teammates, making it strangely look like a road atmosphere for the home team.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400839205
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Re: BC sells out game with opponent fans making up 2/3 of cr

Unread post by Obadiah »

BC is having a difficult time, but they are not on our schedule or in our league, so there is no point to dumping on them and their attendance woes. Let's not act like no-class PC fans.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

agree. who cares.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

They are a local team that has a former URI player as head coach. They also previously hired away one of our more successful coaches. I think it is of interest to Rhody fans what is happening there and also dovetails a bit with our struggles at the gate.

Some Rhody fans have such a high opinion of BC basketball that they had no issue with multiple 2-1 series with them in the last decade. I never held their program in such high esteem and stated it many times maintaining that they should not been given such an advantageous deal, especially considering they had our former coach (Skinner) at the time. I thought it hypocritical for Al to lord it over URI when he often complained about how hard it was to put together a schedule when he was in Kingston. Articles like this just further reinforce my opinion that BC hoops is not in some stratosphere far above Rhody.

If people don't want to read this, don't click on the thread. The title pretty much sums it up so it is not like it is misleading in any way.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

RF1 wrote:They are a local team that has a former URI player as head coach. They also previously hired away one of our more successful coaches. I think it is of interest to Rhody fans what is happening there and also dovetails a bit with our struggles at the gate.

Some Rhody fans have such a high opinion of BC basketball that they had no issue with multiple 2-1 series with them in the last decade. I never held their program in such high esteem and stated it many times maintaining that they should not been given such an advantageous deal, especially considering they had our former coach (Skinner) at the time. I thought it hypocritical for Al to lord it over URI when he often complained about how hard it was to put together a schedule when he was in Kingston. Articles like this just further reinforce my opinion that BC hoops is not in some stratosphere far above Rhody.

If people don't want to read this, don't click on the thread. The title pretty much sums it up so it is not like it is misleading in any way.
Well said agree 100%
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Ramblinrose
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Ramblinrose »

In hindsight Skinner worked wonders at URI with a Job Lot budget and his office in a trailer. Jimmy Christian will be looking for work soon.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Rosie, right now I'd take what Skinner did here...in a NY minute.....

He got the most out of what little he had for years....

If the admin had supported him at all, he would have had us in the Dance at least a couple more times than he did. Not easy to recruit out of a trailer outside Keaney.....

His time at BC proved that, without a shadow of a doubt.....

Yeah he wasn't the best bench coach in the world [but he had a good staff].

As we recall, Harrick did rather well with the talent that was here after he left.....
0 x