Another ridiculous move by the NCAA

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Another ridiculous move by the NCAA

Unread post by adam914 »

I wasn't really sure where else to put this, but had to post it because it's absolute horse shit. Based on this, I think we should be given at least an 8 seed based on EC being injured.

http://thebiglead.com/2016/02/12/jim-bo ... committee/
0 x
josephski
Tom Garrick

Re: Another ridiculous move by the NCAA

Unread post by josephski »

I know you're joking but EC wouldn't be able to play in the tournament so that logic makes no sense. Also Syracuse looks like they have a good chance of making the tournament even if you include the Mike Hopkins games so it really depends on how high of a seed they end up getting.
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

that could have been just for the mock selections, not sure if that will be the case for the real selection
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

If they do this, isn't that kinda like saying...."Hopkins, your record sucked, and it's obvious to everyone in America that "you" suck so badly that...we're not going to count the games you (tried to) coach." ?
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

josephski wrote:I know you're joking but EC wouldn't be able to play in the tournament so that logic makes no sense. Also Syracuse looks like they have a good chance of making the tournament even if you include the Mike Hopkins games so it really depends on how high of a seed they end up getting.
Yeah, was definitely joking about the EC thing. The logic absolutely makes no sense, but so does the logic of not counting some of a teams games, for whatever reason. That was the whole point.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Their Conference record is pedestrian.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

twisted3829 wrote:that could have been just for the mock selections, not sure if that will be the case for the real selection
Yeah you may be right, but that still seems weird to me. Why do a mock selection based on different information then the real selection?
0 x
URI2006_Andy
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by URI2006_Andy »

If the real committee does this, it's an embarrassment. The mock media committee should be ashamed of themselves trying to be clever. Punish the program for violating the rules. But don't factor in the consequences of the punishment. What was that Jerry Tarkanian quote...
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

sure, and like the NBA would negate the games by Luke Walton with Golden State, the NCAA is out of control and maybe time for a new governing body.....
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

adam914 wrote:
twisted3829 wrote:that could have been just for the mock selections, not sure if that will be the case for the real selection
Yeah you may be right, but that still seems weird to me. Why do a mock selection based on different information then the real selection?
It a practice too go through different scenarios the committee may face, they normally do a Sunday Conference Champion by an unexpected team (this year was St Bonaventure winning), evaluating for players missing games due to injury, things that could happen that would effect the committees decision
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

twisted3829 wrote:
adam914 wrote:
It a practice too go through different scenarios the committee may face, they normally do a Sunday Conference Champion by an unexpected team (this year was St Bonaventure winning), evaluating for players missing games due to injury, things that could happen that would effect the committees decision
Right, I totally understand that, it just still seems like a very very strange scenario to even consider. Doing something like an unexpected conference champion makes sense, that could happen. But a scenario where you just don't count certain games a team played because their coach was suspended for breaking rules. Seems like a real stretch.
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

my thinking is they used this instead of a playing missing some time at the beginning of the year due to injury and then coming back for the latter part of the year
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

adam914 wrote:
josephski wrote:I know you're joking but EC wouldn't be able to play in the tournament so that logic makes no sense. Also Syracuse looks like they have a good chance of making the tournament even if you include the Mike Hopkins games so it really depends on how high of a seed they end up getting.
Yeah, was definitely joking about the EC thing. The logic absolutely makes no sense, but so does the logic of not counting some of a teams games, for whatever reason. That was the whole point.
Yea well the committee always seems to reward teams who get hot at the end of the season so I'm not sure how much of a difference this will make. Like I said though Syracuse looks like they will make the tournament at this point and they could very easily break into the top 25 by the end of the season plus they have the ACC tournament which could really benefit them as well. So until we see their final record and their tournament seed I think it's tough to criticize the NCAA at this point.
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

If they're going to consider coaching, they should have utilized the seldom used sympathy vote to put us in the tournament years ago for having to endure having Baron as our coach
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

This looks very wrong.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund