Next Year's Tickets

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
BleedBlue87
ARD

Next Year's Tickets

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

I received a call today from the Ryan Center and they are getting ready to send out their season renewals for last year. I've been using my young alumni discount to get pretty decent seats for cheap but they are now moving all the young alumni to one section, 203. I don't really care for that section at all and I will be looking at different sections. So a thought came into my head. Maybe we can all try to get into the same section and have an "unofficial" Keaney Blue spot. Thoughts?
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Re: Next Year's Tickets

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Got the same call. I'm in 206 three rows up and love my seats for the young alumni price, yet they're sticking us in the corner near the opponent bench, and giving us an even bigger discount, 169 per ticket. My regular seats now would be 340 each. Not too happy about being forced to move my seat in order to get the young alumni price...
0 x
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Is this in anticipation of larger season ticket sales for the higher quality sections next year?....204, 205, 206, 211, 212, 213? If so, marketing might be a little bit overly optimistic.
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

This is great for me 203 is my section. 169 is super cheap. It also makes some sense putting the young alumni near the students for a bunch of different reasons.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

This is mildly poor news for me as I prefer that corner and don't count for young alumni.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

After having watched last nites stream, the empty seats in the lower sections in the 100's in the corners and behind both benches are looking real bad on TV etc. This has been brought up many times before. At this point I am ready to accept the potential of moving from my current seats in 105 to somewhere else and fill those lower seats on the sides to students. Perhaps the number of season ticket holders in say, 104, 105, 106, etc could be offered too remain in the lower bowl, but concentrated in one section or portion of. I really do not think there are that many of us. As for the visitors tickets, put them in the corners or behind the hoop near their bench. I also think there are Athletics Dept tickets, player, coaches, families, will calls etc. that under utilized in section 106. I have asked of Athletics before if there was any thinking to do this when any re-seating notion comes up. The answer has been no. I have this feeling Athletics does not wanna do the heavy left to make any big changes. Bottom line, gets some fannies in those lower seats, whether they be students, young alums, other good price packages to get closer, and still reserve some for the give aways to others.....
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

section(105) wrote:After having watched last nites stream, the empty seats in the lower sections in the 100's in the corners and behind both benches are looking real bad on TV etc. This has been brought up many times before. At this point I am ready to accept the potential of moving from my current seats in 105 to somewhere else and fill those lower seats on the sides to students. Perhaps the number of season ticket holders in say, 104, 105, 106, etc could be offered too remain in the lower bowl, but concentrated in one section or portion of. I really do not think there are that many of us. As for the visitors tickets, put them in the corners or behind the hoop near their bench. I also think there are Athletics Dept tickets, player, coaches, families, will calls etc. that under utilized in section 106. I have asked of Athletics before if there was any thinking to do this when any re-seating notion comes up. The answer has been no. I have this feeling Athletics does not wanna do the heavy left to make any big changes. Bottom line, gets some fannies in those lower seats, whether they be students, young alums, other good price packages to get closer, and still reserve some for the give aways to others.....
We sit at the Rhody bench end and pretty much no one sits in the section next to us (209). And, I'm not sure who sits in the lower section in front of us behind the hoop. They look like they 'might be' students, but they're quieter and less active than a lot of the empty sections. Most of them look like they don't even want to be there. Are they just there to fill some class requirement?
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Myself, MichSt, ATP, Dude, SteveyStuds, RhodyGirls 1 and 2, Neil, and others all call 205 home.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
zporiri
Steve Chubin

Unread post by zporiri »

I'm a young alumni and am already in 203 so I was very, very happy to find out I'll only have to pay $169 instead of $240 next year. That's 30% off! There were a lot of games I had to miss this year because of work so I was leaning towards just buying individual tickets next year, but with this much of a discount I will definitely renew.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

I think we need an old alumni discount

Just sayin....
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

hrstrat57 wrote:I think we need an old alumni discount

Just sayin....
I agree, plus an 'out of state parents x2' discount...?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Just sayin....
Old would encompass 80% of season ticket holders

Maybe you could have Old and Very Old levels
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Tier discounts, based on graduation year.

Biggest discount for say, pre-1970...and so on every 10 years or so...... :P
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Just sayin....
Definitely!!!
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Pretty sure someone can get my seat next year.
I think I'm likely, not renewing.
Many reasons.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Wow.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Everyone, when someone as dedicated and loyal to the program as Rod has been, starts to waver [for whatever reasons] you know there are problems.

There are limits to everything at some point.

This program needs to get over the hump. Bottom line. And not take a whole lot longer to do it.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

I'm going to hang in there for next year. Gotta check into the pricing because at 169$ it's a no brainer, even if you miss half the games. But eventually it would be nice to get a better package of games. We pay for a number of mediocre (putting it nicely) matchups. And if you can get in any time you want to anyway, what's the point of buying the season ticket package?
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I am in 206....otherwise known as the "dumb section"....if I have an extra ticket for any game it is Rod's to use....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Tom98
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Tom98 »

I've been in section 104 row F for 10+ years now. Every year I have different people sitting next to me. I would love to have some die hards in my section. Section 104 fellas...sign up.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Oh, so YOU'RE the guy who actually goes to games from section 104?
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Surfri72
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Surfri72 »

I think I paid like $109 or so for the 300's. I have only actually sat in that seat once for PC. Other than that I just move down in the 200's. I believe this is the last year of my young alumni discount.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I was close to getting tickets this year, I'm definitely getting them next year, looks like i'll be in 203.
0 x
GO RAMS
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

They have their work cut out for them selling tickets next year. URI will no longer be able to sell season tickets on expectations. I would not be surprised to see people drop their plans and take a wait and see approach. People want results not promises. The big and very sudden drop in attendance this year confirms that.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

What's the cutoff for young alumni? Does 1978 still qualify?
0 x
Surfri72
Steve Chubin

I think its 10 years after you graduate.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Surfri72 wrote:I think its 10 years after you graduate.
Damn, I was close.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

rodfromcranston wrote:Pretty sure someone can get my seat next year.
I think I'm likely, not renewing.
Many reasons.
After your loyal support / defense of the program all these years you should never pay to sit in that building again IMHO.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Thanks to you and Ramulous!
It's got little to do about money, though.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Billyboy78 wrote:
Damn, I was close.
You just missed it. Any chance they'll round down for you?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ace wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:
Damn, I was close.
You just missed it. Any chance they'll round down for you?
28 years isn't too much to round down, is it?
0 x
Surfri72
Steve Chubin

Actually its been 21 years for me but I went back for a second degree so I was considered "young" again
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I predict we beat Duke next year at Mohegan and you can't find a seat at the RC for the remainder of the season ;)
Get in now!!!!
0 x
860_rhody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by 860_rhody »

bigappleram wrote:I predict we beat Duke next year at Mohegan and you can't find a seat at the RC for the remainder of the season ;)
Get in now!!!!
+1.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

OMG that would be epic.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund