Game 25: Dayton Friday Feb 12, 7:00PM ESPN2

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Re: Game 25: Dayton Friday Feb 12, 7:00PM ESPN2

Unread post by Running Ram »

DH is not Baron, I'll be the first to admit I bought the Baron excuse program for far too long and I'm not even about to buy a single excuse from DH that doesn't start with "we've got to get this right, stating with me."

Dan has shown a willingness to look inward and attempt to self correct, the excuses continue from many forum members who haven't even realized Dan himself has admitted to many of the concerns expressed by those willing to express them here. We expressed our dismay with how DH reacted to E.C.'s injury and he's since admitted he didn't handle it well at all, we expressed increasing concern over his behavior towards the officials and he has obviously been working on that these last couple of games. Not saying he is working on these things because 'we' pointed them out, I am saying we saw something(s) real and so did DH, some of our criticisms have been validated by the coach himself. Dan is working at moving passed the excuses, others here are not.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
You seem emboldened by those that agree...and that's good for you, I spose.
I'm thinking this might be the 4th time I've asked you to explain yourself on this though:

What do you mean by: We'll see who is more based in "reality" by next season.

Is it if they do well next year...you are based in reality? or, if they do poorly? which is it?....

Ps - I'm not saying Bressler is right or wrong...because not only was it tldr, but I couldn't wade through the expletives enough to understand what he was talking about...

Still waiting for your clarification....
I'll try and help clarify or at least give you my interpretation. If we have the same problems next year as we've had this year and last year then you would be the one not based in reality. We should win more games next year due to the fact that we'll have the best team on paper that we've had in awhile assuming we have no injuries. So an improvement between this year and next year could still be a disappointment depending on how large that improvement is. If we still see poor offensive sets, lack of execution at end of games, poor game management in general and all the other various problems we see then it will be obvious not much has changed.

Also go back to page 2 of this thread and look at STC's post..."URI will hang around in this game but ultimately provide another letdown in front of a big crowd. Hope I'm wrong but I don't see it."

Based on the past year and a half that prediction is what one would expect given how we've played in these big games. Those of us who aren't completely buying what Hurley is selling is because of what we've seen so far. One could consider it logical reasoning. Hurley is similar to most recruits coming into college basketball. He's labeled as a good coach but he's still a work in progress and needs to improve if he wants to be able to get this team where it should be. I still believe Hurley has the potential to be a great coach but right now he's not there and how much longer can we wait to see if he reaches that potential?

Those on this board who think things will suddenly change, why? What evidence has been shown that this team is moving forward?
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Haha Bressler, what a clown. Barely coherent, but entertaining nonetheless.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Yep...a clown, Krusty the rude dog, cowardly clown.
0 x
Ramblinrose
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Ramblinrose »

Baron would have been content to finish his career at URI. Hurley will blow out of Petticoat Junction if he wins in the tourney, if a quality program wants him. We are a rung on the ladder, so he wants to win and win big,
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Billyboy78 wrote:Waiting for the ban....
It certainly warrants a ban, but we can't win when it comes to moderating this site.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

RR, yes DH has made a concerted effort to correct the things that you mentioned, and that's very commendable.

Now he needs to improve on the X's and O's side. That's not as easy.

He needs to bring in someone to help with the offense over the offseason.

When his brother left, that hurt. Some here thought it would, and it seems to have been proven out.

The late game stagnant offense has to change. As Bressler eloquently stated in so many words, they have to start playing to WIN at the end, not playing not to lose.

Someone had posted a while ago, that last year DH had a course called, "How to win close games".

They all get an "F" including the coach on that one.

It would be better if there was someone on the bench who could help, not some film.

josephski, that's a great take on things. Good post.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote:RR, yes DH has made a concerted effort to correct the things that you mentioned, and that's very commendable.

Now he needs to improve on the X's and O's side. That's not as easy.

He needs to bring in someone to help with the offense over the offseason.

When his brother left, that hurt. Some here thought it would, and it seems to have been proven out.

The late game stagnant offense has to change. As Bressler eloquently stated in so many words, they have to start playing to WIN at the end, not playing not to lose.

Someone had posted a while ago, that last year DH had a course called, "How to win close games".

It would be better if there was someone on the bench who could help, not some film.
There is absolutely nothing 'eloquent' about abusing your CAPS lock button, anonymously attacking people, and jamming in 15 f-bombs into one post. That's just crass, childish, ignorant, and cowardly. Y'all claim to be those that 'know' and 'love this school'...and that's how you represent it?...with a stream of expletives and crude attacks and then you call it 'eloquent'? I wonder if those that you claim to 'know' inside university circles would come out in support of that kind of stuff.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

You know, he was blowing off steam.

Give it a rest.

Move on. Even I know how to do that.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

First post after Dayton loss.

Devastating loss. Team played their butts off amazing the team hasn't quit after all these 1/2 possession losses.

Troubling that the team isn't winning these games. No excuses for losing, do better.

My take DH made the same mistake at the end of this game that Harrick made in the Stanford game. Wheeler was gassed when fouled shooting a three in final minute. Garrett was clearly gassed when he stepped to the line for the 1 and 1. No chance, zero in either case. Time outs in hand not used by staff.

Has anyone seen freakin Hoosiers?? Call a time out sit the shooter down and talk about the defense to be deployed AFTER the 2 shots are made.

Basic coaching stuff! 39 minutes of brilliant work tossed out the window.....

This was a blown game.

I am tired of blown games......

That is all.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Blowing off steam is not an excuse for spewing offensive verbal diarrhea.
Blowing off steam is not an excuse for anonymously attacking people publicly in such a vulgar manner.

Blowing off steam sounds like um, an excuse?...and you've said it many times before, so fill in the blanks:
"Excuses are for L _ S _ R S."

c'mon, you can do it...I know you can....
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

ATPTourFan wrote:
It certainly warrants a ban, but we can't win when it comes to moderating this site.
Don't you have the ability to edit the postings?
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

hrstrat57 wrote:
ATPTourFan wrote:
Don't you have the ability to edit the postings?
Yes which will bring criticism. For the record Bressler earned a week off, consistent with other similar outbursts.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote:You know, he was blowing off steam.

Give it a rest.

Move on. Even I know how to do that.
I'm surprised that such a non-tolerator of excuses would offer one up so quickly...given that are "excuses are for..." well...you know...
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

rambone 78 wrote: When his brother left, that hurt. Some here thought it would, and it seems to have been proven out.
Can you explain what you base this off of? I know you bring it up a lot, but I've never seen much explanation of how exactly it has hurt. Looking at Arizona State's stats, they aren't much better than ours, or in some cases are worse. They do score more points, but they also give up a ton more and are pretty bad defensively. Just curious to hear the evidence to back up the claim.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

So Bressler escaped the nuthouse?
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

TruePoint wrote:So Bressler escaped the nuthouse?
"Escaped" from, or "expelled" from?
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

TruePoint wrote:So Bressler escaped the nuthouse?
I feel like if he could, all of his posts would be made from letters cut out of a magazine or something.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

^ Post of the Year Top 10 nominee....
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Bobby's offense is more freeflowing and uptempo. He did pretty well with it at Buffalo.

Didn't he just beat a ranked team the other night?

Anyway, talk to Rod. He knows more about it than I do.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

How many games did we win with Bobby on the staff? But he is the key to everything for some reason?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote:Bobby's offense is more freeflowing and uptempo. He did pretty well with it at Buffalo.

Spout off about something repeatedly, like it's your 'gospel'...then defer questions to Rod. Beautiful...
0 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Just a point of information to prove that for once again you are WRONG--I attended my first Ram game in 1962 (maybe '63 at the latest) and have been a season ticket holder since about 1975 except for the last 3 years of the Baron regime because I could not stand watching his coached teams. Hurley arrived and I got season tix again. I wish I could legitimately be called "junior".
Of course I would trade programs with Friartown but I would never root for them.
Let the record reflect that yours truly has attended every game that we have won in the NCAA tourney.
Your question "What have you done" is not worthy of a response as I don't want to beat my own drum like you do to try and impress the readers of this board. I will just say the answer is "plenty".
So there big mouth. I repeat my wish that you switch to Friartown and try to impress them with your unadulterated B.S.
0 x
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

Bring Bressler back. This is an opinion board, and should not be censored. I have also been around since the 60's and have a lot of the same sentiments as many of the "old timers", and even though I don't agree with all that Bressler said and the personal attacks, I can see his frustration. As far as the use of profanity, let him go at it. If it was Blue Man, and a game rant, everyone would be applauding the post.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

RAM67 wrote:Bring Bressler back. This is an opinion board, and should not be censored. I have also been around since the 60's and have a lot of the same sentiments as many of the "old timers", and even though I don't agree with all that Bressler said and the personal attacks, I can see his frustration. As far as the use of profanity, let him go at it. If it was Blue Man, and a game rant, everyone would be applauding the post.
Great points!
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

NYG 208, do Blue Man's rants and pep talks offend you?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RAM67 wrote:Bring Bressler back. This is an opinion board, and should not be censored. I have also been around since the 60's and have a lot of the same sentiments as many of the "old timers", and even though I don't agree with all that Bressler said and the personal attacks, I can see his frustration. As far as the use of profanity, let him go at it. If it was Blue Man, and a game rant, everyone would be applauding the post.
Ridiculous...after that dump, the guy should be banned permanently. It was gross, vulgar, offensive and cowardly.
So easy to be that way behind an anonymous message board. I hope there are kids reading this board - frustration is one thing - but no one should get a pass for those kinds of attacks. Go back and read it again as if he was talking about you and your wife....or your sister or your mother. Then, come back and say it's "ok." For claiming to have so much love for, and investment in, the university...that's surely a curious way to show it.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote:NYG 208, do Blue Man's rants and pep talks offend you?
Ranting and pep talks are one thing, but when it's just an excuse to use as many expletives as possible, it's over the top, unnecessary. I'm no saint and I haven't read or seen a Blue Man rant here in quite a while, but my thoughts are the same...rant away, but for crying out loud, there's a reason they say profanity is the language of the ignorant. Be clever, be witty, be cunning, be angry, be upset and frustrated...but is it necessary to use this board to take a dump all over the people reading this?
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Oh shut the hell up!
Your sanctimony is sickening.
As for Bobby, he took a Buffalo team to the NCAAs.
He's in his FIRST YEAR at ASU, got that?
We'll see where he is by his 4th year.
Guarantee it'll be a big time program by then.
He's involved with some of the top talent in the country
already.
He's also coaching in the PAC 10, nopt the A-10.
As for Ellie, go take a brick and shove it up
your ass, you creep.
Assholes like you love mediocrity and make excuses
for that mediocrity.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

rambone 78 wrote:Bobby's offense is more freeflowing and uptempo. He did pretty well with it at Buffalo.

I believe Rod has in the past alluded to Bobby being a benefit more for his personality than his coaching acumen. He can clarify. Bobby seemed to be much looser than Dan who is wound up pretty tight. The players related better to Bobby and he also had a calming effect on his little brother.

I know someone who was connected to Jarelle Reischel. Jarelle really missed Bobby as that is who he was close to. Dan made him extremely nervous and it showed with his play. Look at how he did in a different environment this season.

Success can sometimes be tied to off court things such as chemistry and relationships.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:NYG 208, do Blue Man's rants and pep talks offend you?
Ranting and pep talks are one thing, but when it's just an excuse to use as many expletives as possible, it's over the top, unnecessary. I'm no saint and I haven't read or seen a Blue Man rant here in quite a while, but my thoughts are the same...rant away, but for crying out loud, there's a reason they say profanity is the language of the ignorant. Be clever, be witty, be cunning, be angry, be upset and frustrated...but is it necessary to use this board to take a dump all over the people reading this?
I'll guarantee you, Blue Man's rants and pep talks have a lot more expletives than Bressler's. Go back and read some. You'll want to have him banned also, if profanity offends you that much. BTW, I love Blue Man's rants.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rodfromcranston wrote:Oh shut the hell up!
Your sanctimony is sickening.
As for Bobby, he took a Buffalo team to the NCAAs.
He's in his FIRST YEAR at ASU, got that?
We'll see where he is by his 4th year.
Guarantee it'll be a big time program by then.
He's involved with some of the top talent in the country
already.
He's also coaching in the PAC 10, nopt the A-10.
As for Ellie, go take a brick and shove it up
your ass, you creep.
Assholes like you love mediocrity and make excuses
for that mediocrity.
"Yeah...what he said", signed, Rambone.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Bobby and Dan were almost joined at the hip, when they
began at URI.
I sat with them at a WBB game. They had a laptop,
and Dan was showing me inbounds plays, and critquing them.
Bobby was much looser than Dan, and had a great quirky sense of humor.
He blew up his microwave on Thanksgiving, and made a joke of it.
When he left for Buffalo, he wrote me,"Cranston will never be the same!"
Very honest like Dan, but I think had a better perspective
because of all he experienced, good and bad, in his life.
His incredible resume was eye opening in recruiting.
Played on the only team to beat The Dream Team,
NBA lottery pick, 2 time NCAA champion. All time NCAA assist leader.
So, yes, his leaving hurt the program in many ways,
most were intangible reasons.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Did somebody question Bobby's impact here by asking what our record was with him as an assistant coach?? Seriously? Red Auerbach wouldn't have won with that team.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Billyboy, that's the mentality of the Koolaide Krew.
What did we have? Eight scholarship players.
Dan even tried to get a waiver for Jamal Wilson to play.
Whatever.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote:Did somebody question Bobby's impact here by asking what our record was with him as an assistant coach?? Seriously? Red Auerbach wouldn't have won with that team.
Well...it wasn't me...I would agree with you - great resume, successful guy, you name it. But, I seem to remember reading here...someplace...maybe a few thousand times...(thousands) ...from "those that know"....that "winning is the only thing" "results are all that matters" "excuses are for losers", etc.

It's interesting that he can be viewed as so 'key' (which I happen to agree with), even though he did not produce results here...by those that say "results are all that matters." So, I guess now, sometimes, it ISN'T "results are the only thing that matters"? :lol: :lol:
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

rodfromcranston wrote:Billyboy, that's the mentality of the Koolaide Krew.
What did we have? Eight scholarship players.
Dan even tried to get a waiver for Jamal Wilson to play.
Whatever.
With Mike Powell leading the team in minutes played, and a bench that included guys like Ryan Brooks and Alwayne Bigby playing in every game.
0 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Anybody else notice how it is when you prove Rod wrong and all he does is go off on another one of his rants.
You question one of his inane posts or criticize him and he goes bonkers.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Hey rectum, what did I go bonkers over?
The drek you spew on this board?
You contribute nothing but little girl bitch slaps.
All this time I thought Ellie was a kid, judging from
his 3rd grade writing style.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Bressler you make me laugh! Tough job for the mods but not sure a suspension is neccesary. I always considered his posts "tongue-in-cheek". Anyway need to get off the board and start paying attention to my beautiful wife!
0 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

You can think DH was dealt a crappy hand with injuries and think the team has underachieved this year. I don't get why EC's injury makes it impossible to critique the staff.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

On the one hand, there are those that think the coaching staff sucks/doesn't know what they are doing, because they haven't won as many as, or the kinds of, games they want. The "results" crew. And anyone that tries to give explanation or cause to that...is giving "excuses." And, gets called a name (take your pick) to boot.

And, they get called names by the same people that say, the program misses an assistant coach, who, when he was here...had a crappy record. Only, in that case, there are 'reasons' they had a crappy record.

To no one in particular: You have to love the dichotomy of this board - one person's "reasons" are another person's "excuses." :lol: :lol:
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:On the one hand, there are those that think the coaching staff sucks/doesn't know what they are doing, because they haven't won as many as, or the kinds of, games they want. The "results" crew. And anyone that tries to give explanation or cause to that...is giving "excuses." And, gets called a name (take your pick) to boot.

And, they get called names by the same people that say, the program misses an assistant coach, who, when he was here...had a crappy record. Only, in that case, there are 'reasons' they had a crappy record.

To no one in particular: You have to love the dichotomy of this board - one person's "reasons" are another person's "excuses." :lol: :lol:
There were reasons. Besides Munford, there was no talent on that team. Once the talent arrives, you're expected to win. As has been said, we now have the talent to be ahead in games for 30-35 minutes, yet we lose almost all of them. In year one, there basically wasn't any talent. We did have TJ, but he had yet to become the leader/player that he did become.
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

I've read a lot of posts on this board, and remember things. Bress was run off and it began before eli's fan boy nyg blahblah...208 posted his first post to this board, the attacks on bressler were provoked by his opinions of the program not by his aggression towards other posters. I clearly remember a certain person putting bress down for his "style" of writing more than once. This latest incarnation of bressler where he comes out swinging at certain folks was in part created when he was bullied for his "style"
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

unbelievable...there are no 'excuses' for the basketball team not just "winning. period." No, that can't be tolerated.
But, we're actually making excuses for a grown man/adult to 'come out swinging'? With rude, crude attacks on people? Seriously??? What is this? A bar fight?
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

My point about Bobby wasn't that the record of the team during the season he was here is proof that he can't coach. My point was that he didn't do anything while he was here to base the idea on that his not being here makes much of a difference.

As far as Bressler goes, I get that some of you guys find his insane ranting entertaining. For the record, I didn't ban him or put him in time out. I think it was warranted, but I didn't do it. Here's the thing: nobody gets a longer leash than that guy. His behavior is so ridiculous that it forces us to make a judgment almost every time he posts. That isn't what we are here to do, and not one other poster puts us in that position ever. I'll also say that if any poster ever tried to dox another poster the way Bressler tried to do to me (and failed hilariously at, btw) I would ban that poster permanently. Because it's me and I want to show an abundance of caution in avoiding any appearance of impropriety, I let it go. I shouldn't have to, but I do. Many people on this board do know my name and what I do and who I work for, but it is my choice who I tell about that. Everyone is entitled to the degree of privacy they want to have here.

Ironically, I know Bressler's name and what he does for a living and who he does it for. I would never out him. He doesn't know anything about me, but has brought up my family repeatedly, continuously made reference to what he thinks i do for a living, and tried (and failed hilariously) to out my employer. Again, I have never banned him for any of this stuff because I'm sensitive to people accusing me of using moderator tools for personal reasons, and I'd never do that. I would, however, ban him in 2 seconds if he ever tried that with anyone else here. I'm also only a target for him because I am a moderator, and you can tell by his insane references to Pravda that he has some very strange thoughts about what this board is and how it is run.
0 x
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:unbelievable...there are no 'excuses' for the basketball team not just "winning. period." No, that can't be tolerated.
But, we're actually making excuses for a grown man/adult to 'come out swinging'? With rude, crude attacks on people? Seriously??? What is this? A bar fight?
208. I love your positive attitude, and passion, but it's not your job to respond to every poster who may have a differing opinion. I'm not happy with all the negativity, especially by Bone, but I do respect his right to post. If you are having a problem with certain posters, use the block feature, or move on. A lot of the sniping on this board is a result of reactionary responses. There are a lot of us who are frustrated and feel this team, not just 2015/2016, is snake bitten, and we do have the right to include the past.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

208, you're a nice guy, but with your thinking,
maybe you should join tRUMP for President campaign.
His psycho babble and lack of knowledge and perspective
would be right up your alley.
Do you feel honor bound to answer every single post?
If I didn't know better, I'd say you were on the MBB payroll.
Your endless knee jerk defense of all things, is mindless.
Get some damned perspective, please.
You even make Ace seem objective.
You come off as a totally clueless fanboy, with zero
objectivity.
Asking for results from Dan's first year here,
shows you have no remote idea what you're talking about.
It would be like I dropped into the Michigan State board and
made 937 posts in two months telling their long time fans that
their thinking is skewed and how wrong they all are.
I doubt I'd have any credibility there.
Commenting on this year's team or however long you've
watched Rhody, is fine.
Trying to tell those of us who are Ram lifers what we should feel
and think is the ultimate and most arrogant absurdity.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

No, Rod, I don't feel compelled to respond to every post, but since you asked me a question directly, I'll give you the courtesy of a response (and then you can slam me for 'responding to every post again' ;) ).

-I am not on the payroll of MBB.
-I don't defend all things.
-I do believe that things can turn/change without overhaul. I do think (my opinion) that many of the long-termers here don't get that concept and prefer to wallow in it and ridicule anyone who thinks otherwise. And, it doesn't matter to me what program you're talking about, it's not unique to this one. Apparently, ridiculing and calling those that think things can change (and calling them knee jerk defenders) is ok, but vice versa is a sin against Olde Tyme Rhody Nation.
-I didn't ask for results from Dan's first year here...just like I wouldn't demand results from this year's situation. I think there are reasons for unmet expectations in both cases -then and now - and was using that as an example. It's quite apparent that, the 'reasons' for lack of success in the former were acceptable...and 'excuse' for lack of success now is not. And it seems no one is allowed to disagree with that.
-I can be blocked, just like any other poster - feel free to do so.

Majority of what I've posted today is in objection to crass, rude, and personal attacks. I happen to think people shouldn't do that and think I have the right to express that objection...as much as I want to. If you want to construe that as me telling Ram lifers what they should feel and think, then go ahead and color me absurd.

PS - Whether or not I'm a nice guy is highly debatable.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

This post from the A10 boards pretty much sums up my exact thoughts over the years:

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulxu View Post
Here I am! Wasn't able to watch the game. Glad Dayton won.
Would not have liked to hear about all the lucky URI shots.
When the other team makes them they're lucky...when your team makes them, well, we played tough.

There are other teams in this league that recruit D1 athletes that can shoot.
There you go again as Ronnie would say.

URI wasnt lucky. They were good. Steph Curry makes shots too -- does that mean we think he's lucky as well? URI makes shots against Dayton because URI executes vs Dayton. There's nothing lucky about it -- other than perhaps the abundance of last-second desperation buzzer beaters. Beyond that, the real question is why doesnt URI execute more often against other opponents because they obviously know how to do it vs Dayton. Thats what frustrates UD fans. They ACHIEVE vs Dayton, not OVERACHIEVE or UNDERACHIEVE. If they played like they do vs. Dayton against other opponents all those years, they'd have made a few NCAAs. They've had at least 2-3 legit NCAA teams that puked away bids because they didnt live up to their actual talent.

URI should be capable of playing like this EVERY night. This was a typical night at the office for Dayton. I did not see much talent difference. Did you? If you did, URI must have played out of their wads. And if you didn't, why haven't they played like this all season?

To me, there is not much difference between UD, Duquesne, and URI. Its hair-splitting. 20-25pts over the course of a season. Some teams make the plays, some dont.
0 x