The Early Line URI vs GMU

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

The Early Line URI vs GMU

Unread post by luke »

The early line is URI -14. I would say that is just about right. expect
URI to win by between 12 -20 points. Iverson is listed as doubtful. I
wish he could play some to be ready for Dayton. wonder if he will play
against Dayton ? really could use him in that one. He might make the
difference between a win and another close loss.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Re: The Early Line URI vs GMU

Unread post by adam914 »

Seems like it would make sense to give him one more game off in a game we should win. Especially if he is even close to borderline, need to be real cautious with concussions obviously. I would guess he comes back against Dayton, maybe off the bench again like he did last time he came back from injury.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

A second concussion in a little over a year makes the process a very cautious one.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I would go very, very cautiously.
He got hit not once but twice by Miles, then he was not able to brace his fall because of the two hits and his head hit the floor hard, literally bouncing off the wood. If he is ready then ok, but I don't expect him back soon.
Akele played solidly for 35 minutes on the road at LaSalle. Watson is also available.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

I wouldn't expect him back any time soon, either. Has anyone heard/read anything about how he's doing? Is he running? working out? practicing?
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Just the fact that Iverson was in Philly tells me he's close. If he still had symptoms, I don't think he would have made the trip.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I'm not sure about that, EC makes all the trips too but he's not close. I doubt that he is close, I'm not a Dr but I watched and cringed when his head hit the floor. I was worried for his life to be honest especially when blood was coming out of his mouth. No need whatsoever to bring him back the least bit early imho.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote:I'm not sure about that, EC makes all the trips too but he's not close. I doubt that he is close, I'm not a Dr but I watched and cringed when his head hit the floor. I was worried for his life to be honest especially when blood was coming out of his mouth. No need whatsoever to bring him back the least bit early imho.
I think it's a little different for a concussion though. Plane trips and concussion symptoms are not a good mix.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote:
ramster wrote:I'm not sure about that, EC makes all the trips too but he's not close. I doubt that he is close, I'm not a Dr but I watched and cringed when his head hit the floor. I was worried for his life to be honest especially when blood was coming out of his mouth. No need whatsoever to bring him back the least bit early imho.
I think it's a little different for a concussion though. Plane trips and concussion symptoms are not a good mix.
I suppose. Do they always fly to Philly? Or take the train sometimes? Just asking.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:
I suppose. Do they always fly to Philly? Or take the train sometimes? Just asking.
Oh, I'm not sure. I just assumed they flew to Philly.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I don't think they fly to Philly.

The southern sites, St. Louis, Dayton, maybe Duquesne [not this year] and Olean, but otherwise it's bus.
0 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

The spread is now running -13 to -13 1/2. and I agree Iversonn
should only play if he is completely healthy, but I'm hopinh he is
and could see some limited action just to get him ready for Dayton.
But it doesn't sound like he is ready or his status would mostlikely
be listed as questionable at worst. don't need him to win this game
though.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

rambone 78 wrote:I don't think they fly to Philly.

The southern sites, St. Louis, Dayton, maybe Duquesne [not this year] and Olean, but otherwise it's bus.
I thought I read that they had flown to LaSalle.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

The line is down to URI -11 1/2 to -12. That would mean to me that URI didn't have a great game
if they don't beat that spread.
0 x
Ram1019
ARD

Unread post by Ram1019 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
rambone 78 wrote:I don't think they fly to Philly.

I thought I read that they had flown to LaSalle.
I think Bill Koch said on the pick n pop podcast that they let Iverson "fly" last week to philly (which is a good sign of his progress)...
0 x