Week #14 – Games of Interest/A-10

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Re: Week #14 – Games of Interest/A-10

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Thanks for all your work here Obadiah it is appreciated.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

Saw the end of the UMass. game. The announcer said that 8 minutes in, they only had 3 points.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

ramfan85 wrote:Saw the end of the UMass. game. The announcer said that 8 minutes in, they only had 3 points.
True story. The game was scoreless for a few minutes at the start. I like Ferry, based mainly on what he did at LIU-Brooklyn. I thought they'd get more from Castro this season, though. I think Smith could be good for them next year.
0 x
woodennickel1
ARD

Unread post by woodennickel1 »

ramster wrote:
Obadiah wrote:UMass came back from a 10-point halftime deficit to beat Duquesne in OT, 108-99. Donte Clark put in two clutch FT's with 41 seconds remaining to tie in regulation and the Minutemen then went on a tear in OT to salt the win. Jabarie Hinds put in 37 points. Both teams combined to put in 26 treys on about 60 attempts. Duquesne was hurt by 20 TO's.
Obadiah,
It was a great game. Amazing about Hinds (who transferred from West Virginia) is that he came off the bench to score the 37 and he hit 7 of 8 three pointers. Maybe he earned himself a start next game.

Hinds is far and away the best player on that team. Kellogg is totally clueless they actually have some talented players but play no defense at all.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

I don't watch a lot of UMASS basketball, but my impressions from seeing them play in person and a few times on TV, they remind me a lot of the Keno Davis Friars.

You can bring in all the talent in the world, but if you don't have guys who will necessarily fight and compete, and just want the game to look like a street ball gala, you will never be successful.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Good comparison, RJ.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Now I have to clean the vomit off my floor after seeing those logos......
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !