The Early Line

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

The Early Line

Unread post by luke »

URI opens at at -41/2 and two other Vegas sites also have URI -41/2. Garrett
is listed as questionable and Iverson is listed as doubtful. If both do not play, I
think URI loses. If Garrett plays and plays okay, URI probably wins.
0 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Re: The Early Line

Unread post by luke »

Line has dropped to URI -21/2 to -3. Most have the line at URI -3.
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

UMass +3.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Garrett is not playing.
I feel a win tonight with Martin, Terrell, Watson, Thompson, McGlynn and Akele all having good games as they come out fighting mad. Berry also gets some good playing time in.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Since everyone has already given up on the season, I assume a loss tonight will not cause another emotional meltdown from our fans on this message board. I continue to be confused by how our fans can be both convinced that the team is terrible AND upset every time they lose.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

TruePoint wrote:Since everyone has already given up on the season, I assume a loss tonight will not cause another emotional meltdown from our fans on this message board. I continue to be confused by how our fans can be both convinced that the team is terrible AND upset every time they lose.
I think we win tonight and again against LaSalle. If we lose we lose but I truly think this group of guys are going to blast out of the gate after what happened to Garrett and Iverson. I'd like to see a lot more passing tonight and less dribbling.

If we lose we should not have a melt down as you said but do you really believe that?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

TruePoint wrote:Since everyone has already given up on the season, I assume a loss tonight will not cause another emotional meltdown from our fans on this message board. I continue to be confused by how our fans can be both convinced that the team is terrible AND upset every time they lose.
What you describe above would be rationale...which kinda surprises me...I thought "I" was the "new guy" here? :lol:

Not going to lose...

GO RHODY!!
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

For the record, I also think we should win tonight despite being down Jarvis and KI (and, as always, EC). I also don't think we are terrible. As I've said many times, I think we are exactly where a very good team missing its best player should be: an above-average-to-pretty-good team.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

As expected...
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

At least we are consistent.
0 x