Injury Updates

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Re: Injury Updates

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Running Ram wrote:Has anyone heard anything official about Iverson? The rumor around here confirmed? Did they actually find blood on/in his brain? Because if that's the case we shouldn't be worrying about whether he's going to play next game or the game after that, we should be sending our prayers for a full recovery regardless of when he can get back on the court, I really feel for this guy and the more I think of that replay the more upset I get and would like a statement or something about it from the league. I want to see the fucksack that elbowed him twice in the space of one stride, apologize, hopefully state it was completely accidental and I want to see his eyes and read his face if he were to make such a statement. I want our athletic department to address this. Can I get the opinions of others on this? Am I over-reacting? Is this unrealistic to want our University to address this with the league?
100% agree

eve! if unintentional, a player must be responsible for swinging his elbows up by the face/head area
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Thanks for the update adam, I don't twitter.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

I wonder if it would make a difference if some of us wrote to or contacted the athletic department about it and asked for some kind of follow up from the league or am I just spinning wheels and wasting time?
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Running Ram wrote:Thanks for the update adam, I don't twitter.
Yeah no problem, good to hear that it sounds like both guys are at least getting close to being back. Even if it's not Saturday.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

adam914 wrote:
Running Ram wrote:Thanks for the update adam, I don't twitter.
Yeah no problem, good to hear that it sounds like both guys are at least getting close to being back. Even if it's not Saturday.
Whether they do play or not, and I doubt they will, just the mention of 'could play' makes it sound like they're both getting better. Good news.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Yeah... poor guys :/
Bleeding brain and a dental fracture. Cant be fun
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

RF1 wrote:
ramster wrote:
Running Ram wrote:Has anyone heard anything official about Iverson? The rumor around here confirmed? Did they actually find blood on/in his brain? Because if that's the case we shouldn't be worrying about whether he's going to play next game or the game after that, we should be sending our prayers for a full recovery regardless of when he can get back on the court, I really feel for this guy and the more I think of that replay the more upset I get and would like a statement or something about it from the league. I want to see the fucksack that elbowed him twice in the space of one stride, apologize, hopefully state it was completely accidental and I want to see his eyes and read his face if he were to make such a statement. I want our athletic department to address this. Can I get the opinions of others on this? Am I over-reacting? Is this unrealistic to want our University to address this with the league?
agree
It was a very scary moment

We already saw the response of Miles. He made it immediately after the contact with Iverson that sent him to the floor. He put his hands up and looked at the ref as if to say (he may actually have even verbalized it but I was too far away) what foul?
And when the official came to the huddle to inform Martelli it was a Flagrant 1, Phil was incredulous before shooing him away with a flick of the wrist.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Hmm...Phil seems to be a bit of a doosher...
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Don't believe me when I say people will complain about lack of injury updates? Read through this thread.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Great.
Crap up the board by digging up two year
old threads.
1 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.