URI through 4 A10 games

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Stop! Rammer Time
Kenny Green

URI through 4 A10 games

Unread post by Stop! Rammer Time »

Will Geoghan posted some interesting stats about Rhody through 4 games as compared to last year.

Now that there are some actual #'s to throw around, thoughts about the team?

We're never as good as we look when we win, but we aren't as bad as we look when we lose. I think we're as as good as we were last year/possibly slightly better (up until the last 5 minutes of each game as seen in 6 out of our 7 total losses). My only hope remaining for this year is to find a way to fix the late game woes and I think we'll have a shot when it comes time for Brooklyn. Can we fix it? it remains to be seen...

http://www.independentri.com/rhody_over ... ign=buffer
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: URI through 4 A10 games

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Stop! Rammer Time wrote:Will Geoghan posted some interesting stats about Rhody through 4 games as compared to last year.

Now that there are some actual #'s to throw around, thoughts about the team?

We're never as good as we look when we win, but we aren't as bad as we look when we lose. I think we're as as good as we were last year/possibly slightly better (up until the last 5 minutes of each game as seen in 6 out of our 7 total losses). My only hope remaining for this year is to find a way to fix the late game woes and I think we'll have a shot when it comes time for Brooklyn. Can we fix it? it remains to be seen...

http://www.independentri.com/rhody_over ... ign=buffer
Could not agree more. Well said.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

+1
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

So...with yesterday's win...they sit in the exact same spot (conference-wise) as they did last year at 3-2? All they gotta do now is reel off 5 in a row...and they're right back to where they were last year...positioning toward a high conference finish and just needing to win 2 in Brooklyn for an invite.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

The URI bugaboo this season has been getting road wins. If the Rams can pull off a win at GW next Friday, they will turn the corner on that issue, then Section208's optimism will become reality.
0 x