Game 18: vs LaSalle Saturday Jan. 16, 2:30

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: Game 18: vs LaSalle Saturday Jan. 16, 2:30

Unread post by rambone 78 »

He's amphibious!

Oh wait.......
0 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

RoadyJay wrote:Rambone is everywhere today!
Since I joined the KB board, every time I see Rambone's posts the name reminds me of one of my favorite SNL skits from about 20 years ago.
"It's Rambone everybody!"

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/ ... ies/n11010
(mentioned w/about 20 second left in the skit)
0 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

I think the minutes given to Four and Christion are fair right now. Four is savvy, getting him to the free throw line is the best thing ever and he makes big shots. I just end up scratching my head when he horribly air balls shots sometimes. Nobody else on the team misses that bad. JT misses a lot, but at least he hits the rim!
Christion is only going to continue to improve and take more and more minutes. But we need them both to kick ass in brooklyn.

I'm really excited for our guard play next year. E.C coming back for a vengeance, Jarvis is an All Atlantic 10 PG now, JT will be better, I believe in him, especially next year when his roll isn't as big. Stanford is coming in with that Indiana expereice, Christion's good defense and shooting, Dowtin's a big guard who can shoot. We could really put on the pressure D and hopefully be very versatile on offense.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

spookydog wrote:
RoadyJay wrote:Rambone is everywhere today!
Since I joined the KB board, every time I see Rambone's posts the name reminds me of one of my favorite SNL skits from about 20 years ago.
"It's Rambone everybody!"

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/ ... ies/n11010
(mentioned w/about 20 second left in the skit)
very good!
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

First, I missed the game. But 4M presence on the court opens up the court even when he doesn't make many shots. Every opponent focuses on defending him outside. I hate DH's offense. But, he sends 4M to the corner to open the defense for JG. That is a big reason he plays so many minutes. You cannot sag off 4M.

From the box score, it appears that DH is just going to keep pounding the ball down inside. That should make us a .500+ conference team, but this team is not going to dance playing DH's offense with or without EC!
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Of all the criticisms this is a new one, that we pound the ball inside too much...smh
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

bigappleram wrote:Of all the criticisms this is a new one, that we pound the ball inside too much...smh
Well to be fair, he did read the box score, so you have to just concede on this one.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

bigappleram wrote:Of all the criticisms this is a new one, that we pound the ball inside too much...smh
Well..duh...you can see plain as day from the box score...Martin and Iverson combined for 11-13 ...soo....isn't it obvious that that 'pounding the ball inside' stuff will never work? Clearly, this coach just doesn't get it... :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Hassan made four 12-15 foot jump shots. Do not take that away from him!!
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Even I don't agree with that line of thinking.....72, really?
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

It's almost like he's purposely trolling us by arguing the most unconventional thing after each game, whether it's Jimmy Baron's free throw form, Garrett's PG ability or this. Next week maybe it'll be how we should explore playing 4-on-5 on defense, and having someone basket-hang / cherry pick.
0 x