The Early Line URI vs SBU

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

The Early Line URI vs SBU

Unread post by luke »

The line on this game opened at St. Bonaventure -3. One service has it at St. Bonaventure -3 1/2
most other services have not yet reported in on this one. The line is all too reminiscent of the St. Joes
line. And I am afraid that the results will also be similar. URI has not often shown the ability to win as
an underdog in the past few years. I will be happily surprised if this game turns out any differently.
On the other hand, URI has been able to win at Olean, so there is that going for them. The Bonnies
will need a top of the line performance, the same as St. Joes needed to get the win. Will they get it?
0 x
Joe
Lamar Odom

Re: The Early Line URI vs SBU

Unread post by Joe »

URI - 4 is my prediction
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

I have seen more than enough of these type games over the years to know what to expect.
0 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Joe, you are a bigger optimist than me, and I am generally a pretty big optimist. This team just
can't seem to turn a corner and put together any significant wins. I am discouraged to the point
that my expectations are at a low. How anyone on this baord can still be talking about an NCaa
bid is beyond me. They would have to go at least 22-9 and win at least two in the A 10 tourney
to finish 24-10. And besides that they would need at least three big wins from among Dayton,
VCU, GW and Davidson. I don't see it.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Correctomundo luke.

Even with a win tomorrow, nope.

Like I said earlier, we need to win a couple of those games, to give us hope that it will get better next season.

It's very frustrating to all, to keep expecting to get over that hump, yet fall short time and again.

Again, it's got to happen next year for sure.

There will be no more excuses. If we don't have the talent next year, when will we ever?
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Well after starting 5-0-1 betting URI games this year I am 1-4 since. That said, I am on the Bonnies -1 tomorrow.

I still think next year we should make a game out of betting URI lines, best overall record wins some sort of prize.

6-4-1
TCU +6 Push
Maryland -5.5 W
URI -11.5 (Rider) W
Providence +3 W
URI -8.5 (Houston) W
Nebraska -2 W
URI -7 (Iona) L
Brown +7 W
St. Louis +12 L
Richmond +4 L
URI +3 (St. Joe's) L
0 x
Keatgsr07
Kenny Green

Unread post by Keatgsr07 »

Line is down to a -1, a stone URI line.
0 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Yes, the liine runs between 1-1 and -1 1/2 in favor of the Bonnies. Not a lot of faith in the Bonnies
in Vegas it appears. it might as well be a pick 'em. URI has often lost as a favorite in recent years
with such lines. It would be nice to turn the tables.
0 x
skwalk47
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by skwalk47 »

This is our chance to win our first game as an underdog in over a year!

This one isn't nationally televised so I feel pretty good.
0 x
URI BS '08 MS '11

NO LONGER waiting on my first NCAA appearance!