The Early Line URI vs St. Joes

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
luke
Cuttino Mobley

The Early Line URI vs St. Joes

Unread post by luke »

The opening Vegas line was St. Joes -3 as was mentioned on the game thread, but it is very early
and this early line could change. most of the Vegas oddsmakers have not yet posted their lines yet.
I am a little surprised that St. Joes is favored, but I guess I shouldn;t be. I have seen them a few
times and I have to say they were less than impressive. They beat Richmond at Richmond, but
Richmond just gave the game away late. VCU beat them in Philly even though they trailed by 13
with about 3 1/2 minutes remaining. If URI continues to shoot well they should win this one.
Of course we all know that is a big if.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Re: The Early Line URI vs St. Joes

Unread post by section(105) »

Neutral court; pick-em game?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

One service has the line at St. Joes -3 1/2 but all others are at St. Joes -3.
This is and should be a winnable game. A team aspiring to be a tournament
team needs to win these type of winnable road games.
0 x
skwalk47
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by skwalk47 »

Serious question, when was the last time we won a game as an underdog?
0 x
URI BS '08 MS '11

NO LONGER waiting on my first NCAA appearance!
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

I believe it was January 4, 2014 when they beat LSU at LSU, so it has been over two years since they have won as an underdog
from what i have found.
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

I got URI +3. Not feeling very confident though. I think Bembry has a huge game.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

luke wrote:The opening Vegas line was St. Joes -3 as was mentioned on the game thread, but it is very early
and this early line could change. most of the Vegas oddsmakers have not yet posted their lines yet.
I am a little surprised that St. Joes is favored, but I guess I shouldn;t be. I have seen them a few
times and I have to say they were less than impressive. They beat Richmond at Richmond, but
Richmond just gave the game away late. VCU beat them in Philly even though they trailed by 13
with about 3 1/2 minutes remaining. If URI continues to shoot well they should win this one.
Of course we all know that is a big if.
In RPI St Joe's is 43, URI is 96. RPI show this as a 9 point 80-71 win got St Joe's.
Not surprised spears us 3.5, could make the case it should be higher.
Has to be considered at least a mild upset for URI to win this.
Miles and Bembry represent a major challenge with Miles having a great year so far. Our big men need to be at the top of their games today against these two guys who right now look like shoe ins for first team all A10.
0 x