Game 12: URI at Old Dominion (Tuesday 12-22-15 7pm ASN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Re: Game 12: URI at Old Dominion (Tuesday 12-22-15 7pm ASN)

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

I'm still surprised at Hurley calling out guys in public.
Not buying that it's OK, if the players have a good relationship
with their coach.
That's a great way to end a good relationship.
So Watson isn't perfect. What other options does he have?
You're going to sit him and wear out Martin?
Was nothing learned from last season?
Yeah, that makes sense.

Someone mentioned that the game tonight is on MyTV.
I didn't see it listed there.
My computer sucks and I can't get streams.
All I get is a blank white screen.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
Sweep The Leg
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Sweep The Leg »

rodfromcranston wrote:I'm still surprised at Hurley calling out guys in public.
with their coach.
Yeah, that makes sense.
I agree, Rod. All our starters are averaging over 30 minutes per game (Martin and Iverson are at 29.5, so rounding up) and that is because of foul trouble or they'd be higher. How do you expect to play an intense defense all game and all season long with your starters going 30+ every night and expect to be fresh in the A-10 tournament when those games are back to back to back nights? Winning that tournament is Rhody's only shot at the NCAAs and we wasted opportunities to rest key players in games we won comfortably and getting CT, Nicola and Earl more playing time. With A-10 play around the corner, those opportunities to rest guys won't be there.
0 x
'No Mercy.'
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

with their coach.
Yeah, that makes sense.

Someone mentioned that the game tonight is on MyTV.
I didn't see it listed there.
My computer sucks and I can't get streams.
All I get is a blank white screen.
I agree...to me it was more the way he called Earl out than the fact that he did. He could just as easily have said, "Earl has improved a lot since last year, but needs to player better than he did tonight and he knows that.." instead of "I thought Earl was bad tonight..." I have always thought Earl looked like the toughest dude on the team (most teams have one guy you'd 'least want to fight'...he looks like that guy by a mile) and hopefully, he goes in the direction of 'fired up' rather than the other...
0 x
DeanDome88
Tom Garrick

Unread post by DeanDome88 »

Sweep The Leg wrote:
with their coach.
Yeah, that makes sense.
I agree, Rod. All our starters are averaging over 30 minutes per game (Martin and Iverson are at 29.5, so rounding up) and that is because of foul trouble or they'd be higher. How do you expect to play an intense defense all game and all season long with your starters going 30+ every night and expect to be fresh in the A-10 tournament when those games are back to back to back nights? Winning that tournament is Rhody's only shot at the NCAAs and we wasted opportunities to rest key players in games we won comfortably and getting CT, Nicola and Earl more playing time. With A-10 play around the corner, those opportunities to rest guys won't be there.
I think Dan Hurley has an unconscious bias against big men. He allows his guards to play through their struggles and mistakes but is hypersensitive to mistakes made by Watson, Akele and in the past Gil. Even with a system designed to get more out of quick players he gives short minutes to Watson who still has good advanced stats. Our second half defense could be attributed to players being tired.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

The game was supposedly on NESN plus, channel 628.1, which I guess is the local affiliate on ASN? Anyway, that channel is now showing the Xavier/Wake Forest game. There are a couple of other channels on DIRECT that have it, but I think they are part of a sports subscription package.
0 x
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

I can't take much more of this shit. A bias against big men? Wow. Anybody who thinks Watson deserved to play more against Iona didn't watch the game. 2 quick fouls accomplishing nothing in the first half, and then nothing in the few minutes he got in the 2nd. Akele was a better option for that game (one of the big men against whom he has a supposed bias).

It would be great to get Hassan more rest during the season and Hurley should definitely find ways to do that. Against Iona was not the time to do so - we would have totally blown the game if Hassan "rested" more. And Hurley hasn't "wasted opportunities" to rest Hassan in our comfortable wins: against American 24mins, Clev. St 19mins, Rider 21mins, Holy Cross 32mins (though it's a stretch to call that one a comfortable win).
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
I agree...to me it was more the way he called Earl out than the fact that he did. He could just as easily have said, "Earl has improved a lot since last year, but needs to player better than he did tonight and he knows that.." instead of "I thought Earl was bad tonight..." I have always thought Earl looked like the toughest dude on the team (most teams have one guy you'd 'least want to fight'...he looks like that guy by a mile) and hopefully, he goes in the direction of 'fired up' rather than the other...
Worse than that, he did the dad thing- I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed! Earl's a chill guy. He just looks like he'd fight you. "I thought Earl was bad tonight. I don't think Earl had any energy... senior year of a college basketball season, you have to bring more... I was disappointed in how he played tonight."

i'll be driving during tonight's game and will resist checking my phone for updates. Who knows what they'll bring, so safety first.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Channel 810 on Cox.
0 x
Go Rhody
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

DeanDome88 wrote:
Sweep The Leg wrote:
with their coach.
Yeah, that makes sense.
I think Dan Hurley has an unconscious bias against big men. He allows his guards to play through their struggles and mistakes but is hypersensitive to mistakes made by Watson, Akele and in the past Gil. Even with a system designed to get more out of quick players he gives short minutes to Watson who still has good advanced stats. Our second half defense could be attributed to players being tired.
I don't think size matters...I think he has a bias against mistakes. While he's seemed to have been more patient lately...early on, if CT made a mistake 10 seconds into his playing time, he was out at the next whistle.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote:Channel 810 on Cox.
My channel guide shows MASH on at that time on 810...I also sent an email to ASN and they said:

"We will not be streaming this game. If you would like to see if it is carried by your local affiliate, please go to our schedule page, enter your ZIP to find your local station call letters and check to see if it is highlighted."

Did that, and it says:
Rhode Island @ Old Dominion
Sorry, this game is not available in your area.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Ugh!
I always get confused between MeTV and MyTV,
both run by WJAR and WPRI.
WJAR also has a new channel in the 800s on COX and they
seem to only show Outer Limits and some junk.
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

I guess it's the radio broadcast tonight, sigh...pisses me off that we don't have easy access to a live TV stream for our own state university basketball team for every game.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RI_Bred wrote:I guess it's the radio broadcast tonight, sigh...pisses me off that we don't have easy access to a live TV stream for our own state university basketball team for every game.
brutal
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Its channel 460 on Verizon Fios in RI. The channel guide says MASH but I'm assuming that is wrong. Those aren't always accurate and I remember MyRITV always having the wrong this on the channel guide when URI games were on there back whenever that was. Sucks there's no HD though!
0 x
Ramtastico
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Ramtastico »

Agree with RI Bred, and regarding all three DirecTV channels that say they will have the game; I guarantee they will be blacked out here in ATL for who knows why. ASN sucks. Give the four ASN games to Cox/OSN!
Other than that, this is the first time I have complained about our coverage. Best ever from an out-of-state perspective. Cox' new streaming service(Cleeng) is first rate, no dropouts or issues like in the past. $24 for 10 games using their 50% off early bird was a fantastic deal.
All other games except the 4 ASN games and the Brown game(ESPN3) are on DirecTV and DVRable(is that a word?).
0 x
Ramtastico
Lamar Odom

On a bit of a side note, as I will be going to a Greg Allman concert on the 30th, is there any way to DVR an ESPN3 game? Do they show replays later that night either there or on the ESPN website?
0 x
Ramtastico
Lamar Odom

JUST NOTICED THIS: If you go to the gorhody.com site under the game preview article was this:
TV: ASN - Jeff McGarragher, Mark Adams (full list of national clearances)

RI Local Clearances: MeTV (WJAR-2) - Cox ch. 810; FiOS ch. 460; Charter ch. 114; Comcast/Xfinity ch. 290; Full Channel 190; WJAR (Over the air) 10.2

AUDIO: Rhody Sports Network (B101 - 101.5 FM) - Steve McDonald; Don Kaull

INTERNET: iHeartRadio.com (audio) | CoxHub.com (live video)

LIVE VIDEO ON CoxHub.com????? IF true, great news for us out-of-staters!
0 x
Sweep The Leg
Tom Garrick

sf2010 wrote:I can't take much more of this shit. A bias against big men? Wow. Anybody who thinks Watson deserved to play more against Iona didn't watch the game. 2 quick fouls accomplishing nothing in the first half, and then nothing in the few minutes he got in the 2nd. Akele was a better option for that game (one of the big men against whom he has a supposed bias).

It would be great to get Hassan more rest during the season and Hurley should definitely find ways to do that. Against Iona was not the time to do so - we would have totally blown the game if Hassan "rested" more. And Hurley hasn't "wasted opportunities" to rest Hassan in our comfortable wins: against American 24mins, Clev. St 19mins, Rider 21mins, Holy Cross 32mins (though it's a stretch to call that one a comfortable win).
My post stated "key players". I guess Hassan is our only key player in your eyes? I would give JT more rest and Four (more rest for Four). CT should play in their spots during substitutions when the situation warrants it. Four doesn't seem to have the legs to shoot right now. Is it increased minutes or playing defense at another level or a combination of both? When JT is on the bench, our defense may suffer, but are we really worse on offense? If you have no ups, then absorb contact going to the rim and go to the line and rack up fouls, he's built like a football player, he can handle it.

Garrett and Hassan are the only players who need to be on the court the full 40 going forward. Garrett is the only true ball handler and Hassan is our only inside presence on offense and defense.
0 x
'No Mercy.'
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

It's hard to be thrown into a game for a moment and be benched for a mistake. Earls gifts are almost always heading in the direction of him being an unstoppable rebounder and lethal finisher. Whatever he does it doesn't matter because he is always able to do what Earl does.

Fouls?? If you watch the game you know that refs anticipate calls on Earl bc he is a monster. But even then Hassan is and has been regularly in foul trouble his whole career. No dog house.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Jared Terrell's game doesn't get better he will be remembered as an enigma here. Super hyped. Super body. Zero will or know how to make things happen with the ball.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Ramtastico
Lamar Odom

Checked with URI; the game will NOT be streamed on CoxHub. It was a typo.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

I can't find it anywhere on Charter. Anyone near the Smithfield area want to meet up somewhere and watch it??
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

Sweep The Leg wrote:
sf2010 wrote:I can't take much more of this shit. A bias against big men? Wow. Anybody who thinks Watson deserved to play more against Iona didn't watch the game. 2 quick fouls accomplishing nothing in the first half, and then nothing in the few minutes he got in the 2nd. Akele was a better option for that game (one of the big men against whom he has a supposed bias).

My post stated "key players". I guess Hassan is our only key player in your eyes? I would give JT more rest and Four (more rest for Four). CT should play in their spots during substitutions when the situation warrants it. Four doesn't seem to have the legs to shoot right now. Is it increased minutes or playing defense at another level or a combination of both? When JT is on the bench, our defense may suffer, but are we really worse on offense? If you have no ups, then absorb contact going to the rim and go to the line and rack up fouls, he's built like a football player, he can handle it.

Garrett and Hassan are the only players who need to be on the court the full 40 going forward. Garrett is the only true ball handler and Hassan is our only inside presence on offense and defense.
Should have been more specific - others had mentioned Hassan specifically so that was my first response. Regarding other players minutes, against American (CT 18, EW 13 w/ 4 fouls), Clev. St (CT 22 EW 20), Rider (CT 13 w/ 4 fouls, EW 23), Holy Cross (CT 16, EW 11). Those seem like extremely adequate minutes for our top two bench players, and CT's minutes are only going to go up as the season goes along and he continues to improve.

Also should have been clear that the "can't take much more of this shit" wasn't directed personally at you, but I just can't stand the tone of the board recently. Even with how disappointing the season has been, this board has become unreasonably depressing.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

steveystuds06 wrote:I can't find it anywhere on Charter. Anyone near the Smithfield area want to meet up somewhere and watch it??
Is there someplace near there where it is guaranteed available?
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

I'm not sure yet I'm calling places. I may just have to end up watching at my gym....I have Cox there.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Ramtastico wrote:Checked with URI; the game will NOT be streamed on CoxHub. It was a typo.
I just had a web chat with a Cox rep...she told me the game would be on Ch 136...I looked and that's NBATV. Then she said, 'maybe ESPN or ESPN2? Good times....
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

steveystuds06 wrote:I'm not sure yet I'm calling places. I may just have to end up watching at my gym....I have Cox there.
I have Cox here...and they are telling me it's not on...
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

If they want to see my wife's head explode they could air the game on the Hallmark channel tonight.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

TruePoint wrote:If they want to seem my wife's head explode they could air the game on the Hallmark channel tonight.
Here's what she would miss- this guy and this girl, see, they hate each other at first but then, through the magic of Christmas, they find true love and either get a dog or have a baby.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

ace wrote:
TruePoint wrote:If they want to seem my wife's head explode they could air the game on the Hallmark channel tonight.
Here's what she would miss- this guy and this girl, see, they hate each other at first but then, through the magic of Christmas, they find true love and either get a dog or have a baby.
#SpoilerAlert
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

The theme for this year, from what I can tell, is that every female lead wakes up in a future that they did not want or remember how they got there, so that they can gain some clarity on some love-and-Christmas related decision that they must confront back in normal time. It's like an infinite number of estrogen-fueled derivatives of A Christmas Carol.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

is anyone sure it's on Fios?
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

TruePoint wrote:The theme for this year, from what I can tell, is that every female lead wakes up in a future that they did not want or remember how they got there.
Story of my life, bro. One minute I'm out here supporting my people, years later I'm still here. I should probably reevaluate that.

C'mon, Adam, I didn't even tell you what kind of dog. But, it's going to be a lab or a golden retriever.
0 x
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

Sweep The Leg wrote:You can't play an up-tempo style of offense when your team plays balls out defense with no bench. They play man to man defense for pretty much every minute this season. How do you expect them to have enough energy to push the ball effectively when they play a 6 man rotation? Even moving without the ball and setting plays expends too much energy. They play offense like it's a breather. And when they run a play, it's that dumbass weave. No weave is ever good, be it basketball or hair.

Dan doesn't seem to adjust to the team he has, but continues to coach the team he wished he had. We have no depth this year. Next year, with EC and Robinson in the mix, you can maybe play that style because you can sub guys effectively.
Agree STL on the depth issue and it not being conducive to playing up-tempo offensively, although I disagree with Dan not adjusting to his team. Clearly he adjusted the overall strategy of the team once EC went down and what was already a some what top-heavy team in terms of depth lost their expected largest contributor. Depth is one of the biggest challenges this team has to face right now. Blame Hurley if you want, blame EC's ACL, blame Iffy, whomever, but it is a problem and the team cannot run consistently push the ball on offense as currently constituted. Others have praised the work that Cooley/Archie Miller have done with short benches, but neither of them did it playing up-tempo combined with intense man-to-man defense. Man-to-man D is clearly this team's calling card and rightfully so it is where Hurley has his team devote their most energy on the court. PC/Dayton performed better offensively than we have for sure when they had short rotations, but neither had near the caliber of defense that we do, they played soft zones. You can argue about which path brings success, but in all three cases the head coach played to the strength of their team. For PC/Dayton, the strength was clearly on the offensive side of the ball to that is where they put the most energy. The reverse is true for Hurley/URI. I think Hurley is giving his team the best chance to win by choosing this strategy.

In some places others have said that playing with such a short rotation is common and question why our players seem tired at times. In essence, my response is that it is not common to play with such a short rotation. Using the rest of the A10 for comparison: (WARNING- Arbitrary statistical baselines ahead)

Number of players playing 10+ minutes/game: URI: 7
Rest of A10 - Dav 9, Day 9, Duq 8, For 10, GM 8, GW 8, LaS 7, UMa 9, UR 7, SJU 7, SLU 9, SBU 8, VCU 9 (URI tied with 3 others for fewest in league)

Minutes per game of top 5 per team: URI: 159.2
Only two others in A10 were close, LaSalle with 159.1, and St. Bonaventure with 156.9, no others above 150.

The most telling number regarding depth in my opinion, no other team in the A10 has more than three players playing at least 29 mins/gm, URI has FIVE. For comparison, last year the only team to do that was Dayton, and URI had just ONE player average more than 30 mins/gm.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Well, the plan this year before EC went down, was to play more uptempo offense and slightly less intense defense.

Yes, that requires a deep bench. So, losing ONE player [a key one granted] changes the whole plan?

Did we really have that deep bench even before EC was lost?

Who knew if the freshmen were going to play much? If not, we would basically have had 6 guys who were suited to the running game. [Earl is not]

What I'm saying, would Dan have had us playing uptempo even with EC in the lineup?

I doubt we could. Next year we will have a much deeper team, especially in the frontcourt. Maybe then.
0 x
neil
Art Stephenson

Unread post by neil »

A couple of thoughts combining Iona and tonight.
Not saying it's the end all, but our losses and close games seem to go along with how Four shoots. On Saturday, he seemed hesitant about shooting. Heck, we were facing a zone most of the night. If we have a number of bricklayers then why in the world is he hesitating. Shoot the ball! The only way out of this is to make some shots. Four is certainly, at times, a liability on defense and turnovers, if he is not shooting then CT should get the minutes.
Maybe the athletic department should set up a fund to get TJ to be at every game. I would certainly donate. Rod was right about how TJ worked against a zone, but it goes much further than that. It's leadership both on and off the court. Are Earl and Four responsible for leadership since they are upperclassmen? I don't think so.
We need to break their long home winning streak and turn this season around. People need to step up!
Beat them!
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

neil wrote:A couple of thoughts combining Iona and tonight.
Not saying it's the end all, but our losses and close games seem to go along with how Four shoots. On Saturday, he seemed hesitant about shooting. Heck, we were facing a zone most of the night. If we have a number of bricklayers then why in the world is he hesitating. Shoot the ball! The only way out of this is to make some shots. Four is certainly, at times, a liability on defense and turnovers, if he is not shooting then CT should get the minutes.
Maybe the athletic department should set up a fund to get TJ to be at every game. I would certainly donate. Rod was right about how TJ worked against a zone, but it goes much further than that. It's leadership both on and off the court. Are Earl and Four responsible for leadership since they are upperclassmen? I don't think so.
We need to break their long home winning streak and turn this season around. People need to step up!
Beat them!
Yes!!! And...if you get the long rebound off a brick on the offensive end...and you're just outside of the arc...JACK IT UP! The only thing more demoralizing to a team than a 2nd chance hoop is a bad bounce 3. GO RHODY!!
0 x
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

rambone 78 wrote:Well, the plan this year before EC went down, was to play more uptempo offense and slightly less intense defense.

Yes, that requires a deep bench. So, losing ONE player [a key one granted] changes the whole plan? IMO, yes. That changes the plan because it is the best offensive player that we lost. I would also condone adjusting the defensive strategy if we were to lose Hassan (knock on wood knock on wood knock on wood). Some players are important enough to a system that if you remove them from the equation, it is better to alter the system than to force the remaining players to play within it.

Did we really have that deep bench even before EC was lost? Sort of. I would say we had good depth in the backcourt. Front court we'd be in the same situation.

Who knew if the freshmen were going to play much? If not, we would basically have had 6 guys who were suited to the running game. [Earl is not]

What I'm saying, would Dan have had us playing uptempo even with EC in the lineup? It's a question of degrees. We would certainly be much further up the spectrum, but I wouldn't say we would be approaching Iona-from-last-year pace or anything like that.

I doubt we could. Next year we will have a much deeper team, especially in the frontcourt. Maybe then.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

steveystuds06 wrote:is anyone sure it's on Fios?
Verizon FIOS Channel 460 WJAR MEtv
But it is showing MASH at 7pm
Called Verizon but they say they have no conrtol of programming
Not sure exactly how to 100% find out other than to wait until 7pm

Technology :roll:
0 x
rhodywins
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by rhodywins »

A problem that I see is the way we do the few fast breaks we have. No matter if it is a 3 0n 2 or 2on 1 we never seem to make a pass to the man coming up the wing. Whomever has the ball goes all the way for the shot. Other teams must see this in their scouting because they seem to just stay with the dribbler.
0 x
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

Yeah I agree with that - too often recently it seems as though Jarvis/Jared just bury their heads and go to the rim even when down in numbers on the break. I think Jared at one point went 1v3 against Iona.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

adam914 wrote:
Stop! Rammer Time wrote:The video that Smarty posted is an interesting watch ...
Yeah, very interesting. Anyone who thinks Dan doesn't see what's going on and what needs to be fixed, needs to watch and listen to that entire video.
Huggins always talks about the team and individual play following games as with last nights Eastern Kentucky game. He is never one to shy away from being critical or complimentary.
Similar to what Dan did, he holds the stats sheet while talking.

http://www.scout.com/college/west-virgi ... d-with-win
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

http://www.vipbox.sx/basketball.... it says it will be streaming here.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Sweep The Leg
Tom Garrick

sf2010 wrote:
Sweep The Leg wrote:

Should have been more specific - others had mentioned Hassan specifically so that was my first response. Regarding other players minutes, against American (CT 18, EW 13 w/ 4 fouls), Clev. St (CT 22 EW 20), Rider (CT 13 w/ 4 fouls, EW 23), Holy Cross (CT 16, EW 11). Those seem like extremely adequate minutes for our top two bench players, and CT's minutes are only going to go up as the season goes along and he continues to improve.

Also should have been clear that the "can't take much more of this shit" wasn't directed personally at you, but I just can't stand the tone of the board recently. Even with how disappointing the season has been, this board has become unreasonably depressing.
I'm with you. I figured that they are where they should be with the exception of the Nebraska loss win/loss wise without EC. I believe they can be better, but they need to tweak their strategy going forward. I'm really nervous with the reports of players being gassed at the end of games. It concerns me, especially when it's A-10 tourney champs or bust.
Last edited by Sweep The Leg 8 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
'No Mercy.'
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Oh, great. We're now positively
comparing Huggins to Dan.
I think I'm going to run in front of a bus.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

steveystuds06 wrote:http://www.vipbox.sx/basketball.... it says it will be streaming here.
that site looks like it's full of ads and viruses (imho). Is there anywhere in the Boston area showing it? I have RCN cable.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

Game #2 of the 5 game wind streak tonight. Let's go Rhody!
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Getting back to basketball, last year I showed stats that showed
ours and our opponent's FG% were better away from RC.
Watching the WBB game up close, I still think the reason
is what I said before.
Our rims are so tight, that unless the ball goes right in,
it jumps off the rim.
Other places,(even announcers will comment) have "friendly rims".
If they aren't tight you have a better chance of the ball staying on the rim,
and either rolling in or coming off for a rebound.
I wonder if the rims here are purposely tight, because we
prioritize defense?
Some will say the shooting percentages are low both ways,
because we play good D and we can't shoot.
The question is, why are the percentages better on the road?
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

steviep123 wrote:
steveystuds06 wrote:http://www.vipbox.sx/basketball.... it says it will be streaming here.
that site looks like it's full of ads and viruses (imho). Is there anywhere in the Boston area showing it? I have RCN cable.
It's an illegal site yes sorry should have said that. Just giving people an option as a last resort
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

I think you are right about the rims, Rod . It is something I had thought about as well.
as far as an online site for tonight there is a site, but it is not free. I think you have to pay
for a full month of games @ 9.95 to get the game through the C-USA Network online. I don't know
of any free safe site.
0 x