our fans suck

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Re: our fans suck

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Well, FWIW, we are here,
win or lose.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Let me add, FWTFIW. We are still here, wn or lose...
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

theblueram wrote:What goes on during timeouts? "OK, I know you're gonna miss the free throws, so Hass, block your man out and try for the rebound"?
section(105) wrote:Let me add, FWTFIW. We are still here, wn or lose...
rodfromcranston wrote:Well, FWIW, we are here,
win or lose.
And let me add,

WE SUCK AT KEANEY BLEW!

Ya gotta love the blueram's last few posts.

He must be channeling TruePoint's Emotionally Tortured Post-Partum Therapy Crew......
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

One of the funniest things I've ever read here...
Thank you!
I needed that.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

rhodyrudder wrote:One of the funniest things I've ever read here...
Thank you!
I needed that.
You know, Rudder, that to salvage any semblance of the season we're going to launch The KeaneyBlew Local Cable Access Channel.
Our data research team positively points to at least 3,645 potential viewers per episode. (Mind you, we will air each episode 150 times a week to reach that goal!)
The projected #1 yet-to-be-watched episode, must-see TV for all KeaneyBlew Suckers--- DRUMROLL, PLEASE -- "THE LOST ART OF SUCCESSFUL FREE THROW SHOOTING"!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, stay tuned as our first guest will be Rhody Basketballl Head Coach Dan Hurley, as he makes a paid appearance on behalf of the URI College of Pharmacy, touting its latest concoction, "The Little KeaneyBlew Pill. 10 Seconds to a Relaxed State-of-Mind. You No Longer Suck."
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Tell me, does any other message board have this kinda stuff?......what will keep us involved at this level when we become a national program...more from the off line/campus pharmacy?......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

section(105) wrote:Tell me, does any other message board have this kinda stuff?
Pretty much every message board on the Internet has this stuff if it has more than 10 members.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

section(105) wrote:Tell me, does any other message board have this kinda stuff?......what will keep us involved at this level when we become a national program...more from the off line/campus pharmacy?......
A little humor during the dark times helps us, you know the tortured souls of the last half century, never mind the last 15 years. Don't worry 105, by the time URI is nationally prominent, R.I. support for The University will have shrunk from 8% annually to 1.3%. Also, if you don't like it, don't respond to it.
Also, when this school has a nationally prominent program I don't believe that Dan Hurley will be the head coach. How's that?
And I didn't take a blue pill to think up that one.
I took two.
Don't worry, brother, I won't darken your door anymore.
I'm gonna find Ace and vacation in Arizona and watch some well-coached offense!
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Actually, I like the therapy you provide.....give me two please...,
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Dan's been here 4 years. Looks like he will definitely be here 5 years. Thats a long time. If he kicks around another 2-4 then thats a long tenure.

I don't see Bobby as the more successful because of the ASU job. I do because of the tournament appearance. BUT P5 job isn't the measure of success in my book.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Blue Man wrote:In a week where people are trying to best each other for "dumbest take on the board" .. I think we have a winner.

I was actually shocked at how many people were at the game last night.

Guess what? Winning puts fans in the seats. If you're not going to win...play exciting basketball. Not defense first...but defense only basketball is awful to watch. AWFUL.

As TP and other have said...we're an emotionally tortured fanbase that hasn't won a legitimate, hang your hat on game in 16 years. We haven't beat our fucking in state rival in 6.

We're a fucking shit team playing in a one bid conference because our only shot at the NCAA is getting hot in the A10 tournament.

The fan base did their part. The building was full with 90% URI fans for PC. We lost. Again. Naturally fans see that nothing has changed.

You're an idiot for starting this thread.
Same with me, blue man, I was surprised at the size of he crowd for the Iona game, more than I expected.
Looking at the stands seemed more than the announced crowd, especially as compared to Houston.
0 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

PC could only get 60% capacity on a Saturday night while ranked #15? What a crap fan base.....

....did i do it right? Ignore all factors and just rant, right?
0 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Da_Process_Survivor wrote:PC could only get 60% capacity on a Saturday night while ranked #15? What a crap fan base.....

That's still more than we'll get in any game this year, except against them.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote:
Da_Process_Survivor wrote:PC could only get 60% capacity on a Saturday night while ranked #15? What a crap fan base.....

PC count includes Season Ticket Holders who were no shows. Actual attendance was well below the announced number especially with Christmas events and with Dunn once againnot playing. Heard he is doubtful again for tonight's game with UMASS.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Their fans suck, too. "All fans suck"
0 x
Jim Eitner

Unread post by 02025 »

ramster wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:

PC count includes Season Ticket Holders who were no shows. Actual attendance was well below the announced number especially with Christmas events and with Dunn once againnot playing. Heard he is doubtful again for tonight's game with UMASS.
Incorrect- PC attendance is based on actual turnstile clicks, not tickets sold. I believe they have around 7,000 season ticket holders (announced attendance was just short of that @ 7,852).
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Landing a P-5 job is virtually every coach's dream.
I regard that as Bobby being successful very early
in his career.
He's involved already with some of the best high school/prep players
in the country.
I'd be surprised if his success doesn't continue at ASU.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

You did do it right, nice job! The only thing is that it's ok and understandable everywhere else and there are always excuses/reasons for it. But at URI its always an outrage no matter what!!!!!
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

adam914 wrote:

You did do it right, nice job! The only thing is that it's ok and understandable everywhere else and there are always excuses/reasons for it. But at URI its always an outrage no matter what!!!!!
+1
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
URI96
ARD

Unread post by URI96 »

Rhody83 wrote:
bressler3south wrote:
TruePoint wrote:Our fans don't suck for not going to the games. Our fans have been emotionally abused by this program for a decade and a half, and if they even hint at being good again they will STILL come back. But this team is a huge disappointment so far this year. Can't blame the fans. Win and they will show up.
Yes, devoted fans. Emotionally abused for 15 years. No one will ever go to a game again until they hear Kevin Costner say while he's standing in the middle of the Turf Farm, "Win and they will show up."
You should use accurate information in your sarcasm. Assuming you are using Field of Dreams. It was James Earl Jones who said "Ray, people will come Ray." Referring to paying fans. It was an unknown voice that said "If you build it, he will come." Referring to Ray's father.
They'll come to Kingston for reasons they can't even fathom.
0 x
Like soldiers on a Winter's night with a vow to DEFEND, no retreat baby, no surrender.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

As I've said, there seems less value by URI on season ticket holders.
Two years ago, I got a call from Xavier Munford, thanking me for
supporting the program.
Team members manned phones for a night and called all
of those who had season tickets.
Then for a few years we had the season ending get together at Rhody Joe's.
After the season and his year? Crickets.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

rodfromcranston wrote:As I've said, there seems less value by URI on season ticket holders.
Two years ago, I got a call from Xavier Munford, thanking me for
supporting the program.
Team members manned phones for a night and called all
of those who had season tickets.
Then for a few years we had the season ending get together at Rhody Joe's.
After the season and his year? Crickets.
I wonder if calling the season ticket holders was directed by Dan or by the marketing department?
0 x
Captainron@
Kenny Green

Unread post by Captainron@ »

ramster wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:

Not true. Providence attendance is turnstile count, not tickets sold.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Captainron@ wrote:
ramster wrote:lPC could only get 60% capacity on a Saturday night while ranked #15? What a crap fan base.....

[/quote]

Not true. Providence attendance is turnstile count, not tickets sold.

Didn't know that. Why doesn't uri do turnstile count? What do the majority of teams do? Turnstile or tickets sold.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

rodfromcranston wrote:Landing a P-5 job is virtually every coach's dream.
I regard that as Bobby being successful very early
in his career.
He's involved already with some of the best high school/prep players
in the country.
I'd be surprised if his success doesn't continue at ASU.
ASU should be more successful then they are. Power 5 team, city with easy access to a major city, with a great female student population and ties to the USA basketball program. If he can get them to reach their potential then I'd have to think he'd be one of the top choices when Coach K decides to call it quits, assuming Hurley would like to leave at that point.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Very few schools do actual count as I pointed out in another post. Nebraska does it and Texas did it when we played them years ago. Usually when turnstile count is shown they give two numbers, PC does not show two, so I doubt very much that PC reports turnstile count, since that opinion is coming from a very biased PC fan.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

There is the BC job? The ASU job? Not even close to the same things. I have spent time in Tempe. Spent time in many P5 locales. They aren't all created equal in terms of what it is like to live there and how far it drags you from where you actually would prefer to live.

Take the VTech basketball job and thats better than URI? URI is basically always better. I'm not nitpicking because I won't list all the P5's that I don't think are better than non-P5. Just don't think it is as clear cut as P5 job versus none P5.

Not that Bobby is obviously gifted and always been gifted. I personally wouldn't want to be exiled to Tempe if I could stay somewhere on the east coast. The money was there for him to grab at the time. I get it. I just will never take idea that EVERY P5 basketball job is better than the none P5.

Like Cincinnati? Uconn? SMU shells out for Larry Brown and its in Dallas!

Dan Hurley could get a P5 job no doubt. Every year he has been here and probably right before. If he applies and interviews. Its one thing to be so good that a big school circles you and throws a big offer. Its another thing to be looking to jump ship.
0 x
Captainron@
Kenny Green

Obadiah wrote:Very few schools do actual count as I pointed out in another post. Nebraska does it and Texas did it when we played them years ago. Usually when turnstile count is shown they give two numbers, PC does not show two, so I doubt very much that PC reports turnstile count, since that opinion is coming from a very biased PC fan.
Typical Obi, speculate and then name call. Sad.

Can you please explain to all of us then how Providence with over 6000 season tickets sold this year has had games where the attendance was under 6,000? Even better, explain how in the snow game last year the listed attendance was under 2,000. Did everyone cancel their tickets for one night and then sign back up?

BTW as you are so quick to point out, Providence rents the Dunk. It's not their people generating the attendance report.
0 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

Seawrightspostgame wrote:There is the BC job? The ASU job? Not even close to the same things. I have spent time in Tempe. Spent time in many P5 locales. They aren't all created equal in terms of what it is like to live there and how far it drags you from where you actually would prefer to live.

Take the VTech basketball job and thats better than URI? URI is basically always better. I'm not nitpicking because I won't list all the P5's that I don't think are better than non-P5. Just don't think it is as clear cut as P5 job versus none P5.

Al left URI to go to BC. Preston left URI to go to BC. They have a better program history than URI does. More tournament appearances and wins. More NBA players now and all time. Conference titles and conference tournament titles. They had one bad coaching hire nuke the program but, given the choice, almost every coach would choose BC over URI.
0 x
Captainron@
Kenny Green

Al left URI to go to BC. Preston left URI to go to BC. They have a better program history than URI does. More tournament appearances and wins. More NBA players now and all time. Conference titles and conference tournament titles. They had one bad coaching hire nuke the program but, given the choice, almost every coach would choose BC over URI.

BC used to be a better job than URI but since their move to the ACC, that program has gone down in a big way. There is little fan support, recruiting has become way tougher and the admissions office is a major factor. The can offer the glamour of a better league and probably quite a bit more money, but I'm not sure it's a better job now.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Captainron@ wrote: Not true. Providence attendance is turnstile count, not tickets sold.
I actually know this to be false. It isn't necessarily one or the other. Announced attendance figures are as much art as science. It is an industry norm to fudge the numbers slightly and there are many different ways to figure attendance depending on what your agenda is.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Captainron@ wrote:

BC used to be a better job than URI but since their move to the ACC, that program has gone down in a big way. There is little fan support, recruiting has become way tougher and the admissions office is a major factor. The can offer the glamour of a better league and probably quite a bit more money, but I'm not sure it's a better job now.
Well, I think it's the money. A good friend of mine is a BC nut and he said that the Donahue hire was a disaster for a lot of reasons but mostly because they skimped on the staff. Jim Christian might not have been a big name but they paid over $300k to get Scott Spinelli off the Maryland bench and, of course, well over $200k for Murphy. And, when he left, they went out and got Stan Heath. He's had big jobs and didn't come cheap. In the conversation about the offense, how nice would it be if DH had the budget to go get a guy who has run a big program and has been through some wars. In college hoops more than anything, it's recruiting and player development. And that costs dough. BC will take its lumps while young but they have some nice kids coming in.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I think our assistant's salaries, even with a recent bump, are in the bottom third of the A10.

As a coach, you are as good as the people you surround yourself with.

Not that our assistants aren't good people, just when it comes to coaching experience/ability.
0 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

Gonebarongone wrote:
Seawrightspostgame wrote:There is the BC job? The ASU job? Not even close to the same things. I have spent time in Tempe. Spent time in many P5 locales. They aren't all created equal in terms of what it is like to live there and how far it drags you from where you actually would prefer to live.

Thats all because of Skinner. He essentially doubled their totals in every category you listed except NBA players.
0 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

bressler3south wrote: He must be channeling TruePoint's Emotionally Tortured Post-Partum Therapy Crew......
You're really going to bust my chops because I indulged in a little hyperbole when your every post takes such liberties with the English language that they are nearly impossible to make sense of? You?? That is hilarious.

It's obvious you have some hair across your ass about this attendance issue (although I still haven't been able to decipher exactly what that is), and that you are misguidedly blaming a certain generation of fan for not going to games.

The problem is not that guys like Adam, who lives in San Diego, has opinions to post on this message board but doesn't go to games. Nor is it guys like me or Smarty, who live 2 hours from campus and only go to a dozen or so games a year. People that live out of the market and still go to as many games as they can, donate money, buy subscriptions to watch the games online, etc., are icing as far as the fan base goes. The real problem is the people that live within 25 miles of campus who should be the core constiuency of the program that only go to one or two games a year. And my contention is that those people don't suck, they're just not die-hards, they have a lot of things competing for their entertainment dollar, and they're justified in their skepticism to not buy all the way back in because of the way they've been teased and let down over and over since the late 90s.

I am a die-hard fan, and I wish we had at least 7,000 die-hards within commuting distance of the Ryan, but the reality is we don't. That doesn't mean the more casual fans suck. Every fan base has casual fans who show up when times are good and the team is popular and chic. That's not just true of our fans, it's true of almost every fan base in sports. Look at attendance numbers for any school or pro franchise for when they are doing well versus when they aren't. And we know that we have the casual fans out there who will show up to games when we are doing well, or even when we are playing games that "matter" just by looking at our own attendance history. I think you are being dismissive of the idea that winning and losing impacts attendance because it disagrees with some (likely insane) idea that you have about the world, because it certainly doesn't have its basis in reality.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Jim O'Brien took them to an Elite 8 and three NCAAs.
I do think moving to the ACC was a big mistake for BC
basketball, maybe football, too.

As for ASU, they've been to 15 NCAAs and did so as
recently as 2013-14.
They've had 27 guys play in the NBA including James Hardin
and Byrion Scott.
Overshdowed the last couple of decades by Arizona,
they are a sleeping giant in the PAC 10.
0 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

rodfromcranston wrote:Jim O'Brien took them to an Elite 8 and three NCAAs.

recently as 2013-14.
and Byrion Scott.
Tom Davis took them to a Sweet 16 and an Elite 8. Gary Williams took them to two Sweet 16s in a short stint there. Al is their all time leader in wins but they have had very good coaches over the years. In a perfect world, BC belongs in the Big East as a founding member. But, the Big East was no longer the big east when they left. It was some gross fooball/hoops hybrid. Any BC fan I know would rather have the old east coast rivalries but they also know if that football, unfortunately, rules the world and the ACC decision was simply the one they had to make. UConn would trade places in a second right now.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

When my brother was at BC, some guy named Cousy was their coach.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

On February 9, 2013 URI played St. Bonaventure in a blizzard before 1,993 fans. Since that attendance was well below the number of season ticket holders, using PC logic that means URI always reports actual numbers for every game. LOL.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

The Cooz wrote in his book, that he just couldn't stand
kissing 18 year old kid's asses anymore.
He had some stories about coaches going to Terry Driscoll's
grandfather's funeral, trying to get in good with Driscoll.
An NBA all time great selling his soul was not for
Bob Cousy.
0 x
Roz
ARD

Unread post by Roz »

recently as 2013-14.
and Byrion Scott.
Big mistake by BC. I definitely did not see it.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

i was saying I would prefer the BC job over ASU.

I would prefer that job because you live in Chestnut Hill and live on the east coast. Play ACC basketball, which the sport revolves around(4 coaches active that are in the hall of fame?) Throw in UVA's young stud.

Point I was trying to make was that going job to job is ridiculous if you're moderately a human being. Most of us care where we live. To go from Long Island to Kingston to Buffalo to Tempe to... also before all that he bounced around. Bob Hurley doesn't care about moving. Me personally... and I have lived in 5 different regions in the past 10 years think where the job is matters.

And I'm not arguing URI is better than BC... Although I believe that is true because it doesn't matter what BC was because at their height URI was going 1-1 with them. It sucks now and is in the same position PC was in with the old Big East. Even if BC becomes respectable it has to claw its way past 6-8 programs that aren't going anywhere. It won't happen.

Duke-UNC-Syracuse-UVA-Louisville-Notre Dame-Miami(probably best team in the ACC this year)-NCSTATE/FSU? -PITT! Yea then BC battles it out with the bottom feeders.

Non-power 5 schools include Cincinnati, Uconn, Gonzaga, UNLV, San Diego State, Memphis, All of the Big East and All of the A10. . Of and the Wichita States of the world. Theres nearly 50 programs paying their coach a million dollars to coach kids to bounce a ball. Making another 700k to get beat up on by the blue bloods is not that much more prestigious.

URI doesn't even get big money credits from the NCAA's. Like the token run to the second weekend would bring in $$$. Paid out over 6 years. Do that 2 seasons in a row and ask yourself if DH's salary goes up. If the tide rises? The team has been absent from the party for too long and its getting close to 20 years. Its important for fan support and cold hard cash that is paid out. Everything right now is just goodwill. The whole administration and media worried about the crowd? For what? Just win the games and everything will come. Yes the crowd will overwhelm a Rider but you shouldn't need the crowd to beat a Rider.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Billyboy78 wrote:When my brother was at BC, some guy named Cousy was their coach.

These have been some of the BC coaches in the last 50 years:

Bob Cousy
Chuck Daly
Tom Davis
Gary Williams
Jim O'Brien
Al Skinner

They have been to the NCAA on 18 occasions going 22-19. They have 11 NIT appearances with a record of 17-12.
0 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Roz wrote:

recently as 2013-14.
and Byrion Scott.
Big mistake by BC. I definitely did not see it.
There is not one person in big time college athletics that is critical of BC's decision. Just people who remember what the Big East used to be. They get $20MM/year and are in the top half of the ACC when it comes to national TV ratings for football and basketball.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

TruePoint wrote:
bressler3south wrote: He must be channeling TruePoint's Emotionally Tortured Post-Partum Therapy Crew......
You're really going to bust my chops because I indulged in a little hyperbole when your every post takes such liberties with the English language that they are nearly impossible to make sense of? You?? That is hilarious.

It's obvious you have some hair across your ass about this attendance issue (although I still haven't been able to decipher exactly what that is), and that you are misguidedly blaming a certain generation of fan for not going to games.

The problem is not that guys like Adam, who lives in San Diego, has opinions to post on this message board but doesn't go to games. Nor is it guys like me or Smarty, who live 2 hours from campus and only go to a dozen or so games a year. People that live out of the market and still go to as many games as they can, donate money, buy subscriptions to watch the games online, etc., are icing as far as the fan base goes. The real problem is the people that live within 25 miles of campus who should be the core constiuency of the program that only go to one or two games a year. And my contention is that those people don't suck, they're just not die-hards, they have a lot of things competing for their entertainment dollar, and they're justified in their skepticism to not buy all the way back in because of the way they've been teased and let down over and over since the late 90s.

I am a die-hard fan, and I wish we had at least 7,000 die-hards within commuting distance of the Ryan, but the reality is we don't. That doesn't mean the more casual fans suck. Every fan base has casual fans who show up when times are good and the team is popular and chic. That's not just true of our fans, it's true of almost every fan base in sports. Look at attendance numbers for any school or pro franchise for when they are doing well versus when they aren't. And we know that we have the casual fans out there who will show up to games when we are doing well, or even when we are playing games that "matter" just by looking at our own attendance history. I think you are being dismissive of the idea that winning and losing impacts attendance because it disagrees with some (likely insane) idea that you have about the world, because it certainly doesn't have its basis in reality.
Seriously? "..teased and let down"? Do you think that the players and coaches get together to plan that? And, if you don't think the team is doing that purposefully, I would just say.... Just because you're not paranoid - doesn't mean everyone isn't out to get you (or emotionally tease you and let you down)
0 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Seawrightspostgame wrote:i was saying I would prefer the BC job over ASU.

Duke-UNC-Syracuse-UVA-Louisville-Notre Dame-Miami(probably best team in the ACC this year)-NCSTATE/FSU? -PITT! Yea then BC battles it out with the bottom feeders.

I think you would be pretty surprised at BC's record against the non-Duke/Cuse/Louisville/UNC group. I think everyone in the ACC not named those schools are coach dependent. With the exception of Va Tech, they all thrived with good coaches and had down periods with bad ones. Hell, friends I have that are UVA fans wanted Tony Bennett fired four or five seasons in. Not sure why I am defending BC so hard. Just that it's one of the better gigs out there. Great conference and I would much rather spend my days in Chestnut Hill than a lot of college towns in the power conferences. And they have a pretty decent hoops history.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote: Seriously? "..teased and let down"? Do you think that the players and coaches get together to plan that? And, if you don't think the team is doing that purposefully, I would just say.... Just because you're not paranoid - doesn't mean everyone isn't out to get you (or emotionally tease you and let you down)
I don't understand what in my post leads you to believe I think anyone is doing anything on purpose. It just is what it is. Every time the fans have been asked to buy in, they've responded and then they've been disappointed. It doesn't matter at all if it is done intentionally (and of course it isn't). It's the old fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice... That is definitely not the fault of this team or this coach, but you can't always reason with the wisdom of crowds. The fan base, especially on the fringes, is skeptical and rightfully so based on what they've experienced in 07-08, 08-09, then the disappointments last year against VCU and Davidson in particular; and this season against Valpo, PC and Nebraka just add to it. You can argue the fairness of that if you want, but the proof is in the attendance figures. If they win people will show up, but they have to really win first. They aren't going to get credit from the casual fans for being really close.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Gonebarongone wrote:
Seawrightspostgame wrote:i was saying I would prefer the BC job over ASU.
Not sure why I am defending BC so hard. Just that it's one of the better gigs out there. Great conference and I would much rather spend my days in Chestnut Hill than a lot of college towns in the power conferences. And they have a pretty decent hoops history.
Pretty sure we are saying the same thing. But citing BC's success over the past what 50 years?? Has nothing to do with this season. The past 5 years. Or the next 5 years. BC is in a bad place and there is no clear way out of it.
0 x
Roz
ARD

Unread post by Roz »

RF1 wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:When my brother was at BC, some guy named Cousy was their coach.

These have been some of the BC coaches in the last 50 years:

Bob Cousy
Chuck Daly
Tom Davis
Gary Williams
Jim O'Brien
Al Skinner

They have been to the NCAA on 18 occasions going 22-19. They have 11 NIT appearances with a record of 17-12.
Wow impressive list
0 x
CTRamfan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CTRamfan »

TruePoint wrote:
NYGFan_Section208 wrote: Seriously? "..teased and let down"? Do you think that the players and coaches get together to plan that? And, if you don't think the team is doing that purposefully, I would just say.... Just because you're not paranoid - doesn't mean everyone isn't out to get you (or emotionally tease you and let you down)
I don't understand what in my post leads you to believe I think anyone is doing anything on purpose. It just is what it is. Every time the fans have been asked to buy in, they've responded and then they've been disappointed. It doesn't matter at all if it is done intentionally (and of course it isn't). It's the old fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice... That is definitely not the fault of this team or this coach, but you can't always reason with the wisdom of crowds. The fan base, especially on the fringes, is skeptical and rightfully so based on what they've experienced in 07-08, 08-09, then the disappointments last year against VCU and Davidson in particular; and this season against Valpo, PC and Nebraka just add to it. You can argue the fairness of that if you want, but the proof is in the attendance figures. If they win people will show up, but they have to really win first. They aren't going to get credit from the casual fans for being really close.
AMEN !.......Last five home games last year, average attendance........ 7141..............we were winning.
0 x