Mid-Season Transfer List

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Optimistic
Kenny Green

Mid-Season Transfer List

Unread post by Optimistic »

Full list here: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketb ... nsfer-list

Names that caught my eye:
Josh Jones, SG, Jr., Richmond (no surprise, was suspended indefinitely earlier this year)
Raquan Mitchell, PG, Fr., Memphis (never played a game for them, Josh Pastner continues to either over-recruit or run guys out of town)
Ambrose Mosley, G, Jr., Old Dominion (suspended for three games before transferring)
Goodluck Okonoboh, PF/C, Soph., UNLV (started as a freshman, saw less time this year. 6'10", from Boston)
Ifeanyi Onyekaba, PF, Sr., Rhode Island (surprised to see his name. figured he was just going to finish his academic career at URI and was done with bball)
Ellis Williams, PF/C, Jr., Bryant
0 x
This one's optimistic
This one went to market
This one just came out of the swamp
This one dropped a payload
Fodder for the animals
Living on animal farm
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Re: Mid-Season Transfer List

Unread post by bressler3south »

Just beat me to it! I was going to post the link........
Elijah Thomas, Austin Grandstaff and good luck to Goodluck are the only players worth trying to get in touch with.....
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

I think Onyekaba has been put on various lists, because he does have eligibility left and could transfer, but I don't think there has been anything out there suggesting he is going to transfer.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

SGreenwell wrote:I think Onyekaba has been put on various lists, because he does have eligibility left and could transfer, but I don't think there has been anything out there suggesting he is going to transfer.
He should graduate in May, and then, I believe the NCAA has to decide if he's eligible for a fourth year of playing time, even though he's only played two. He could be a graduate transfer.
0 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

So I don't really understand the transfer rules at all. With all the waivers and exceptions I can't for the life of me figure it out. If URI was to pick up one of these transfers, what is the earliest they can be on the court for a game. The fall?
0 x
kal-65
Jeff Kent

Unread post by kal-65 »

I believe we are at 13 scholarships for the '16-'17 season

a transfer doesn't compute,unless someone leaves
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

I wouldn't be shocked if Berry is gone after this year. Can't get off the pine and is being recruited over.
0 x