Brooklyn Plans 2016

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
BleedBlue87
ARD

Brooklyn Plans 2016

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

I know it's super early to even begin thinking about this but I just started booking my Brooklyn trip. Right now you can get hotels around Barclay and train tickets from Providence for pretty cheap. I was able to get 3 nights at a hotel 15 minutes walking distance from the Barclay Center and a round-trip Amtrak ticket out of Providence for $700 total. If you want to stay at the Marriott, it's going to cost you a lot more.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Re: Brooklyn

Unread post by RF1 »

Keep in mind that this is the last year for Brooklyn as the tournament has a two year hiatus. It will be in Pittsburgh 2017 and DC 2018.

With the way the league is run, the tourney will likely never get closer than Brooklyn. God help Rhody if UMass were to ever leave the league. We would be even more an outpost and further neglected.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

BleedBlue87 wrote:I know it's super early to even begin thinking about this but I just started booking my Brooklyn trip. Right now you can get hotels around Barclay and train tickets from Providence for pretty cheap. I was able to get 3 nights at a hotel 15 minutes walking distance from the Barclay Center and a round-trip Amtrak ticket out of Providence for $700 total. If you want to stay at the Marriott, it's going to cost you a lot more.
My wife and I want to go this year, too. What hotel are you staying at?
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

last year I stayed in the Union Hotel (rudder stayed there too) it's fairly inexpensive ~$150 a night, i will warn you the rooms are pretty small (bed, bathroom, desk, armoire and not much more space). You do get breakfast everyday at a dinner that's a block away and it's a 1/2 mile easy walk to the Barclay's center.

I will probably stay there again this year
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I need a guaranteed bye this year to make the trip so hopefully this play keeps up
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
jmck
Lamar Odom

Unread post by jmck »

Is the team hotel going to be the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott again? I stayed there last year and was lucky enough to see Dan coming off the elevator on Saturday as I was getting on and then the same scenario with Shaka on sunday
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

I missed last year due to a cruise no chance I miss it this year I really hope we have a bye.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

I went last year and hung out with some fine folks. Probably won't make it this year as we just had a baby. I'm hoping to do DC in 2018 as I have friends that live in Northern Va.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

DC in 2018? I thought it is going to Pitt for the next two seasons and back to Brooklyn for another couple?
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Re: Brooklyn Plans 2016

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Pittsburgh in 2017, Washington DC in 2018.

http://www.atlantic10.com/ViewArticle.d ... =209634435
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

jmck wrote:Is the team hotel going to be the Brooklyn Bridge Marriott again? I stayed there last year and was lucky enough to see Dan coming off the elevator on Saturday as I was getting on and then the same scenario with Shaka on sunday
The Marriott is like $450 a night. The Union seems more reasonable if we we are staying a couple of nights.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!