For those that think Hurley is here for the next 20 years...

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

For those that think Hurley is here for the next 20 years...

Unread post by seanmc94 »

Reality is reality...he's got bigger aspirations

Adam Zagoria @AdamZagoria
Follow
It's also worth nothing that Rutgers could've hired Danny Hurley a few years ago if they had made a better offer.
3:36 PM - 29 Mar 2015
0 x
Warning: area protected by guard donkey
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Re: For those that think Hurley is here for the next 20 year

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Mod, it's time to suspend Sean. His trolling is getting out of hand.
Hey bozo, Dan told me he never had any intention of taking the Rutgers
job, and told his players the same during that rumor period.
I'll take Dan's word over Zagoria's any day.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
gorhody89
ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

Don't take the bait!
0 x
Clapton is God
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

Can we ban this troll already? He makes this board unreadable at times.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

These clowns are so bitter that our coach is staying.
Get a life! We don't spam your boards with crap that
Dunn is leaving.
We're supposed to be irrelevant, yet they've spent more time this weekend
posting about our coach, and what we're saying here, than anything to do with their overrated program.
Pathetic.
Hurley's progress here must scare the hell out of them.
0 x
Mongo
ARD

Unread post by Mongo »

Please delete this thread, I'm sure all here will agree. This post has no value, and Sean, you really must have no life. When your Mommy finishes making your breakfast and you're done playing PS3, before your morning date with your right hand, go F yourself!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

No I say keep this thread.
SeanMc started it so leave it.
If we are going to allow him and all the other PC Posters to post here then we should keep their postings and threads, otherwise disallow them.
But this thread says a lot about SeanMc
Shows how stubborn he is, the next time he admits to being wrong about something will be his first
This thread shows his PC brethern how little a life he has.
Pretty boring stuff
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

So Sean is admitting that Hurley turned down Rutgers, in New Jersey, from the Big Ten.....that's how I read it.....

.....if they made a better offer he would have been gone.....isn't that the case with every turn down of an offer....?

Your offer is too low or deficient is some way......but I accept it....oh no....wait I turn it down....oh there was no offer...

The base of this thread is that sean quixote, the boy of la mancha does not think Hurley is here for the next 20 years.....like we all are deluding ourselves that this is where he will die coaching only to turn the program over to his son, and so forth.....in perpetuity....

Like we all don't know that Hurley is destined to want to coach in a P5 program......we know that.....we don't need your help in thinking....such a little boy.....

...please go back and shine Darth's shoes, and JimmAlacki and all the other true hater friar fans......I would be proud to have them as alums of my Alma Mater....

....when you are confronted with hate....you return that hate....that is what your compadres have wrought....
Last edited by Ramulous 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I usually try to ignore you sean, but I really have to ask you:

How awful and pathetic is your life? Like how empty, devoid of love, friends, and social circles is it?

I can't even fathom how everything that you hope will happen with your day when you wake up just falls short and you wind up in sweatpants staring in a mirror on the verge of tears just waiting for your suffering to pass.

I don't think anyone on here can even be mad at you any more. This is obviously something you need. It's so sad to see that all that keeps you moving forward is posting on another team's board just to see the reactions of everyone else...or even worse, you're not even a troll and just truly crave to be an obstinate force on an internet message board where you aren't even a supporter of its main topic.

I'm happy you didn't shoot up your high school when you were bullied as a kid, and I hope someday you'll live long enough to find some people who will care about your well being and you won't require your Internet friend's attention.

Good luck man, I hope you figure it out, because this is tough to watch sometimes.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

+1, Blueman.

Someone find Sean some help, he needs it.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Can someone on a computer drop DiSano's tweet here? I'll take his word over something called a "Darth Friar" (lol)
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

I know a good psychologist, if one is needed.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

TruePoint wrote:Can someone on a computer drop DiSano's tweet here? I'll take his word over something called a "Darth Friar" (lol)
Actually, he had several good tweets:

https://twitter.com/CDiSano44
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

He did, as usual, but I was thinking of the "somebody you shouldn't listen to." And that he is 100% right about. Not sure who would want "insider" basketball info pertaining to URI from the assistant deli manager at the NP Stop & Shop (no offense to assistant deli managers, just wouldn't trust their sources).
0 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

ATP, how much of this shit do we have to deal with before he is finally banned? He does not come for conversation, he comes simply to troll and taunt. Enough of this bullshit already
0 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Keep this thread, what a testament to the loser this guy is. Wakes up and first thing to do is come on our board to poke the bear. Truly a sad case, luckily we have a hoops savvy Professional in our membership to counsel this poor soul. As Disano said, just shouldn't listen to those who have no grasp of the facts. PC fan base doing their best High School Rob Lowe in this situation. Imagine such nice Catholic boys showing such spite on Easter Week. Embarassing.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ace wrote:I know a good psychologist, if one is needed.
Welcome back :D
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Da_Process_Survivor wrote:ATP, how much of this shit do we have to deal with before he is finally banned? He does not come for conversation, he comes simply to troll and taunt. Enough of this bullshit already
What he said.

OTOH, maybe there are some URI fans on this board who don't yet share my depth of loathing for that hideous disgusting place that shall not be named. Allowing Sean to continue posting here will ensure everyone despises Practically College as much as I do.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Mongo
ARD

Unread post by Mongo »

Da_Process_Survivor wrote:ATP, how much of this shit do we have to deal with before he is finally banned? He does not come for conversation, he comes simply to troll and taunt. Enough of this bullshit already

Totally agree here... I come to the board to get "good" info, and usually don't have a bunch of time to do it. The trolling and bickering takes up so much space, it's hard to find the good info we all want to see. I vote for a ban.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

I know better, I really do. One should not reward a behavior that is undesirable, but here goes. No one has ever said Dan will never leave. As for the Rutgers "offer," what's really an offer? If a person listens to a conversation about an opportunity but ultimately decides that, and I'm taking some liberty here with language, "that situation is fucked up," one side could feel there was an offer, the other, not. Next, we are asked to consider a decision from two years ago when a similar one exists at this very moment. Both, however, end the same way, resulting in two pieces of evidence that indicate the coach is happy with being in RI. So, this is both a trolling fail and a logic fail.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Yes ban him, but keep this thread up top as his legacy. It's a classic.
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Im sorry if you don't like the message, but Zags is dialed in to CBB and Hurley. If you dont think the timing of his tweet yesterday was calculated; youre delusional. The message is clear; if you want Hurley, back up the Brinks truck.

Zags is tight with Hurley, anyone denying that?

Hate me, break my balls, belittle me; rolls right off.

Btw, for the crybabies who want me banned, i wasnt the one who posted this here first.

Second, reread all your "fan" posts over the last 72 hrs. Then get back to me
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

ace wrote:I know better, I really do. One should not reward a behavior that is undesirable, but here goes. No one has ever said Dan will never leave. As for the Rutgers "offer," what's really an offer? If a person listens to a conversation about an opportunity but ultimately decides that, and I'm taking some liberty here with language, "that situation is fucked up," one side could feel there was an offer, the other, not. Next, we are asked to consider a decision from two years ago when a similar one exists at this very moment. Both, however, end the same way, resulting in two pieces of evidence that indicate the coach is happy with being in RI. So, this is both a trolling fail and a logic fail.
Actually ace, many here think hes here for life.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Those of us who can think, should be able to
separate wahoos and fanboys, from the institution.
BAR, I think it's more like Paranoid Rob Lowe.
He needs to find out what his neighbors are up to, before
anything else in life.
Do you know there is another and newer PC message board?
It was formed by those who didn't wish to be associated with certain
posters and the content that they bring to the Scout board.
As I've said, there are some good and informative posters over there.
Too bad the haters seem to rule the roost.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Understanding the difference between interest and an offer is a foreign concept to some......schools talk to many coaches and their representatives before and during a coaching search.....I do not know this for sure because I have never been part of these types of negotiations in sports....I have been involved in them in non-sports settings....many times a employer will gauge interest in others where they already have someone on board....if they are contemplating a change...and don't want it to be public....

....many times mutual interest....strong mutual interest.....does not morph into an official offer to be turned down publicly.....because the ground work is done in relative secrecy.....for many reasons....

.....if you are a fan of Rhode Island you believe this happened with St Johns.....if you are a pc fan you believe the opposite......there was no offer and maybe even no interest on the part of St Johns.....

.....the truth is none of us know the truth and we will never find out the truth unless DH, the AD at St Johns and Thorr Bjorn are given sodium pentathol...we let our hatred for the other entity overcome our common sense.....I forgive the friar fan haters.....they know not what they do....I hope they remember me when they come into their kingdom....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

It's probably not worth trying to have an honest discussion about this topic considering the spirit in which the thread was started and further we don't know that the source is even accurate. But for the sake of argument let's assume Zagoria is right when it comes to how things played out two years ago. I for one see two positives. First, what we're offering coaches right now is enough to make us competitive with low level power 5 schools. That shrinks the pool of programs that could conceivably poach our coach. And second, I have to imagine that after that first season was the low point for Dan. A brutal record, realizing just how difficult our rebuilding would be, and feeling like he was fighting with one arm tied behind his back due to our APR mess. And even at that lowest point he didn't leave. He might not be here 20 years, but after each step we take it's going to take more and more to get him to leave. Each talented incoming player, each successful season, each increase in attendance, donations and enhancements will only serve to further shrink the pool of schools worth leaving for.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Many here do not believe Hurley will die here.....a few do......many here believe it is far more likely that Cooley will be at pc until he chooses to retire........

sean quixote is prone to hyperbole to make his points....
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

One who derives value off degrading others is truly a beacon to that wonderful Catholic institution.
Way to go Seany Lowe.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

seanmc94 wrote:
Does it though?

Years of being belittled throughout your entire life to the point where you are now seeking the venom of strangers just to feel anything.

I'm glad you're still pluggin man. It's good that you have some fighting spirit left.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I still can't believe that Sean has a daughter. There is a woman out there who would agree to have a child with him?.......scary!!
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Blue Man wrote:
seanmc94 wrote:
Does it though?

Years of being belittled throughout your entire life to the point where you are now seeking the venom of strangers just to feel anything.

I'm glad you're still pluggin man. It's good that you have some fighting spirit left.
Blueman,

How does it feel when your well crafted WWE style psyche up rants lead to your team losing?
Does your face paint repel tears?
Trust me, im secure enough in who I am to not let the kingston version of the ultimate warrior upset me. Obs has tried, BAR, sly(wheres he been?), ramster(the mods have asked me to take it easy on him). You cant bother me with your cute rants.
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Billyboy78 wrote:I still can't believe that Sean has a daughter. There is a woman out there who would agree to have a child with him?.......scary!!
Yep, married, hold a job and everything. Sorry to burst your bubble, i dont live in my moms basement
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Maybe Sean was that guy at the last Mews coaches show! :o
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

The funny thing is; you idiots fail to realize I said Hurley wasn't going to SJU on Friday.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

"You idiots." Must be a great morning in your household, you petty, spiteful troll. Good luck Mrs Lowe
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Sean, tread lightly bud. As usual, no one post you've made has gone over the line but your overall presence here the last 24 hours is proving to be a distraction that there is not really any reason to tolerate.
0 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Jeez Sean,

you spend this much time on an "irrelevant" program? get out of the basement and get a hobby.
0 x
---
---
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

TP,
Ill tread lightly; but my question is why look at this thread if you want to keep your head in the sand?
The title spelled it out.
Nothing untrue. Reposted a tweet from a reputable source
Based on my history, people knew the stance I would take.
I like Hurley, think hes an excellent coach. No way do I think hes a URI lifer.
Sorry if thats unpopular.

At least I dont love him one minute, hate him the next
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

seanmc94 wrote:
Blue Man wrote:
seanmc94 wrote:
Does it though?

Blueman,

How does it feel when your well crafted WWE style psyche up rants lead to your team losing?
Does your face paint repel tears?
Trust me, im secure enough in who I am to not let the kingston version of the ultimate warrior upset me. Obs has tried, BAR, sly(wheres he been?), ramster(the mods have asked me to take it easy on him). You cant bother me with your cute rants.
Sean,

It feels pretty much the same as losing does. Which we've done a lot of, so I'm pretty well-adjusted to that.

I'm really happy you're still fighting and I haven't upset you. I would actually feel terrible if all of the swing and misses in your life finally hit you and you gave into them. I'm rooting for you. I've seen what deep emotional scars can do when they manifest in ugly ways, it's good that yours have led you to an innocuous habit of aimlessly posting on the internet.

I really hope your security and family is providing you the happiness you dream of when you tear up just before you fall asleep at night.

Best of luck man, and remember: your essence, your spirit, will be remembered by the storytellers...by the loyalty and memory of those who honor you.
0 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

This is a time for we Ram followers to breathe and enjoy the fact that
our coach isn't going anywhere.
It's time to contemplate the future success of the program.
Recruiting, who's coming and who's leaving. Next years schedule.
Instead, because the mods want to be liberal with trolls,
this morning is about a troll, spamming our board.
We were told the main difference between this board and the old Projo board
was, this nonsense would not be tolerated.
Time for Steve, ATP, and TP to step up and act.
This is Keaneyblue, not the Bevis and Butthead board.
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Blueman,

Well scripted. Actually gave me a laugh
0 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

rodfromcranston wrote:This is a time for we Ram followers to breathe and enjoy the fact that
our coach isn't going anywhere.
It's time to contemplate the future success of the program.
Recruiting, who's coming and who's leaving. Next years schedule.
Instead, because the mods want to be liberal with trolls,
this morning is about a troll, spamming our board.
We were told the main difference between this board and the old Projo board
was, this nonsense would not be tolerated.
Time for Steve, ATP, and TP to step up and act.
This is Keaneyblue, not the Bevis and Butthead board.
+1

enough of this shit already. do your job
0 x
---
---
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Sean > Gandy.... Or is he Gandy??
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I think it's pretty telling that I tried to move this towards an actual discussion and yet we still hhave feces flying everywhere
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

seanmc94 wrote:i wasnt the one who posted this here first.
But you were the one that started a brand new thread with Zags' tweet at the beginning, so you are obviously only here to inflame and troll. Your obvious point of this thread is to insult URI fans. Nothing more.
Last edited by steviep123 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

agree to the ban, he adds zero value and has hit an all time low with his Monday AM thread.

LMK when a Keaney Blue member posts a tweet from a reputable source saying Dunn is going Pro on their Scout board and its allowed to stay there. Trolling 101. Ban his sorry existence from our lives please. This will be the most exciting off-season in 15+ years we do not need this crap.
0 x
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

I don't like the idea of banning anybody, though sean has been a bit of a tool this morning. Would prefer to ignore, maybe give him a brief timeout, but nothing more.

Still too excited with the news that DH is sticking around - a little PC trolling isn't going to change that!
0 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

Ban the troll
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

Ok I'll actually respond to the first post in the thread, there is a huge difference between the Rutgers situation and the St Johns situation. The Rutgers job opportunity came after Hurley's first year at URI, one in which he had about 8 scholarship players for each game, a mess of an APR situation going on, poor facilities and was away from home not totally settled in. Now fast forward to the St Johns situation Hurley has turned around the team with talented players, fixed the APR situation for the most part, established himself as part of the RI community and built this team how he wants and into a contender.

So he may have gone to Rutgers but it wasn't as if he had said all the things about building a "Gonzaga of the East" type of program or had even settled into Rhode Island
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

twisted3829 wrote:Ok I'll actually respond to the first post in the thread, there is a huge difference between the Rutgers situation and the St Johns situation. The Rutgers job opportunity came after Hurley's first year at URI, one in which he had about 8 scholarship players for each game, a mess of an APR situation going on, poor facilities and was away from home not totally settled in. Now fast forward to the St Johns situation Hurley has turned around the team with talented players, fixed the APR situation for the most part, established himself as part of the RI community and built this team how he wants and into a contender.

So he may have gone to Rutgers but it wasn't as if he had said all the things about building a "Gonzaga of the East" type of program or had even settled into Rhode Island
+5
0 x

Give to Rhody's NIL