Dan Hurley Signs Restructured Contract @ URI through 2021

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Captainron@
Kenny Green

Re: 2015 Coaching Carousel

Unread post by Captainron@ »

rodfromcranston wrote:All snideness aside, IF Dan were to leave, who better to keep
the players we have?
Wasn't this exactly the same logic used when Harrick left?
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Yeah, Jim Donaldson is really in touch with the URI fan base.
0 x
kal-65
Jeff Kent

Unread post by kal-65 »

AGREED MURPHY IS A VERY GOOD CHOICE-----BUT I WOULD PERSUE BOBBY HURLEY IF DAN LEAVES
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Come on! Let's be serious and not look like we know nothing of college basketball. Bobby is never coming back to URI.

Maybe that post was a joke?
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Gonebarongone wrote:
Blue Man wrote:You are forgetting who he is, who his father is, and what is important to him.
We have to stop pretending that he is that much different than any coach. To the extremes, he could have stayed at Wagner and won 25 games/year. But, he didn't. He wanted more. On the other side, he would burn rubber out of Rhode Island and be in Durham in 10 hours if they offered him the Duke job. The reality is always in the middle. We just have to see if SJU outweighs URI in terms of money, program, etc. Nothing should surprise anyone in college hoops.
Just like Pat Riley did from the gas station as per SlyWilliamsCaddy
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Gonebarongone wrote:
Blue Man wrote:You are forgetting who he is, who his father is, and what is important to him.
We have to stop pretending that he is that much different than any coach. To the extremes, he could have stayed at Wagner and won 25 games/year. But, he didn't. He wanted more. On the other side, he would burn rubber out of Rhode Island and be in Durham in 10 hours if they offered him the Duke job. The reality is always in the middle. We just have to see if SJU outweighs URI in terms of money, program, etc. Nothing should surprise anyone in college hoops.

He couldn't stay at Wagner and win 25 games because 25 wins at Wagner mean nothing. Not even the CBI. 22 wins at Rhode Island means NIT, or depending on who you beat, the NCAA.

180k at Wagner isn't another world of wealth. 800k here is the next level. Once you're at this level you're in a different class of wealthy. The next level is in the gap between us and St Johns.

URI needs to decide right now if they want to be an established program that wins consistently and is a destination, or if we want to be a stepping stone school.

If 800k is the max that we want to pay a coach, then we need to come to terms with the fact that we are a stepping stone and will enjoy 3 year periods of minor success, maybe a year of a tourney and then back to the rebuild. It'll take the 1-1.5 mil before these things go away and we actually act like a real program that wins consistently.
it's clear Dan is the guy. The facilities, the talent, the pipelines, the recognition, the accolades...everything. I saw someone write about "paying without success." Shut up. If what you've seen recently relative to what we were isn't success than idk what you expected.

If you need to see next year played out before you want to pay Dan, you are part of the problem...because Dan will be gone. Not because of the money per se, but because of the program/fans' lack of commitment to make basketball important.

URI has always been in this weird limbo when it comes to this: if basketball weren't so important, why do we have a 60 million dollar arena, SEC level training facilities, and the investments/endowments? Exactly. We do. We care. We want this. We've showed that it's important. So pay the man.

That said: this isn't 1999. We have an AD who understands the above, and a president who understands it too. They've already seen the lowest of this program without the right guy, and what it costs when we suck. They know we have the right guy. They know what it costs to make us a winner. They know what being a winner means both for the school and in financial terms.

We will get it done. Dan is staying. Relax.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

The Hurley situation is full of irony. Penders stayed just two years, but took us to the NCAA. Harrick also stayed two years, but took us to the NCAA. Yes, the prospect is Danny may bring us to the NCAA, but that is just a prospect because in the real time of three years, we just got a NIT. And horrors of it all, that is no better than what CFL accomplished except he made the NIT in two years. Talk about irony.
0 x
kal-65
Jeff Kent

Unread post by kal-65 »

NO JOKE. WE ARE A COUPLE STEPS UP FROM BUFFALO,HE HAS THE KNOELEDGE TO GET THIS OFFENSE GOING. HE'LL FINISH THE JOB DAN STARTED
0 x
skwalk47
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by skwalk47 »

This sucks, dont want to be a rung on a ladder, if Dan leaves, I would rather someone like a Herb Sendek who has been there, done that on the coaching ladder and is looking for some stability.
0 x
URI BS '08 MS '11

NO LONGER waiting on my first NCAA appearance!
reckless jake
ARD

Unread post by reckless jake »

Blue Man, that's a well written synopsis of the situation both as it relates to Dan Hurley and moreover, as it relates to URI's perspective of the men's basketball program. I just hope you're correct in your summation.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Glad you liked my tweets to Donaldson, ATP.

In regards to what we should pay Hurley, smart organizations always try to pay for what someone will produce, rather than pay based on past performance. Past performance should only be used as a guide to what you think a person can achieve. So with that said, we can no longer pay Hurley based on what he's done the past three seasons, we have to pay him as though he's the tournament coach we believe he'll be going forward.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Yep indeed, RhowdyRam02
0 x
Rhodekill
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Rhodekill »

Billyboy78 wrote:
Rhodekill wrote:Do you really think that Dan would abandon the players he has been so committed to. He is all about commitment. He is not going anywhere. His intentent is to build something here and that is what he is going to do.
Was he not committed to his players at Wagner?

Ha. Great observation. We do tend to evaluate from our own point of view.
0 x
"What happens next is going to be big and it's going to be beautiful "
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Obadiah wrote:The Hurley situation is full of irony. Penders stayed just two years, but took us to the NCAA. Harrick also stayed two years, but took us to the NCAA. Yes, the prospect is Danny may bring us to the NCAA, but that is just a prospect because in the real time of three years, we just got a NIT. And horrors of it all, that is no better than what CFL accomplished except he made the NIT in two years. Talk about irony.
I'm not sure if you're being serious here. Penders inherited most of the team he took to the tournament. Harrick inherited most of the 98 team. For all the talk about how bad we were after Jerry D, most of Baron's first NIT team's production came from inherited players. Hurley inherited a nice arena who's new car smell was gone, TJ, and a Chernoble level fallout after that. What he's done in three years is miraculous, and if you don't think we're only going up from here I don't know what to tell you. If you think Hurley will take us to the promised land, then we need to pay him like he has.
0 x
STJKory
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by STJKory »

Hi guys! St. John's fan here. Just wanted to say that according to a St John's board member who is in the know with these things, it seems like the hiring process will be a very quick one (maybe over by early next week?) and Mullin is expected to be the coach. Now there could still be a change and Dan is #2 on the list, but just letting y'all know, since it seems a little tense in here. jk :lol:
0 x
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Unread post by seanmc94 »

PC paid Cooley around 1.5m; now over 2M. If you want to run with the big dogs; be prepared to pee in the tall grass.

Also, moving your family across the country from their home of 13 years is very different from moving "home" after 3 years three hours up the road.

That being said; i dont think he leaves. Bad timing. His team is loaded. SJU is good, not great; talentwise.

Next year he could go straight to a P5 payday...Indiana, maybe?
0 x
Warning: area protected by guard donkey
skwalk47
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by skwalk47 »

seanmc94 wrote:PC paid Cooley around 1.5m; now over 2M. If you want to run with the big dogs; be prepared to pee in the tall grass.

Also, moving your family across the country from their home of 13 years is very different from moving "home" after 3 years three hours up the road.

That being said; i dont think he leaves. Bad timing. His team is loaded. SJU is good, not great; talentwise.

If that's the case I'd rather he make the mistake and go now. Don't want to do this again next year...
0 x
URI BS '08 MS '11

NO LONGER waiting on my first NCAA appearance!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

When we hear that Dan's contract is being redone and that he is staying at URI, party at Blue Man's house.
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

If Dan stays, we dance next year, it's that simple.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

skwalk47 wrote:
seanmc94 wrote:PC paid Cooley around 1.5m; now over 2M. If you want to run with the big dogs; be prepared to pee in the tall grass.

If that's the case I'd rather he make the mistake and go now. Don't want to do this again next year...
I just don't understand this viewpoint. This next week on the will he stay or will he go roller-coaster will suck, but the only time our coach, whoever it is, won't be a name on the coaching carousel is when they're mediocre or worse. Every successful coach we have will have their name mentioned for perceived bigger opportunities by the press every year, whether that coach wants to leave or not. I'll take a week of shit every off-season with the right coach every time over a long run of buzzless stability with a coach who's mediocre or worse.
0 x
Kingston
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Kingston »

I think we dance with any coach. The talk of Preston having no head coach experience is useless. If Dan does leave Preston would be a perfect fit and I feel in the long run Preston will be better for us than Dan because he won't always be looking to leave. Plus Preston can recruit better than Dan.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote:When we hear that Dan's contract is being redone and that he is staying at URI, party at Blue Man's house.
THIS
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Kingston wrote:Plus Preston can recruit better than Dan.
OMG not this again.
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

and you know Murphy recruits better than Dan based on????

Get real. Murphy is a great recruiting force, but he is only as good as the program he is selling.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

Kingston wrote:I think we dance with any coach. The talk of Preston having no head coach experience is useless. If Dan does leave Preston would be a perfect fit and I feel in the long run Preston will be better for us than Dan because he won't always be looking to leave. Plus Preston can recruit better than Dan.
Not useless. You can still see even DH moving along the learning curve. This team is built to win. I don't necessarily need a head coach. Just give me someone who has actually been through big games and spots in some form or fashion. Crazy to not even consider that angle.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

If Preston would never ever leave us no matter what, why did he leave us after being named associate head coach to take the second assistant position at BC?
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

RhowdyRam02 wrote:If Preston would never ever leave us no matter what, why did he leave us after being named associate head coach to take the second assistant position at BC?
this too
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Preston's dream is the URI job. Just as PC is Ed Cooley's.
He won't be looking to hold the school hostage ever couple of years,
when others come calling.
I love Dan, but he's not Shaka Smart, and still hasn't figured out how
to get his team to close out games, and beat anyone better than us.
He also has to cool down his sideline antics, which hurt much more than they help.
If Dan walks, he walks.
I'm not losing sleep over it anymore.

Preston left, because he was the outsider on the staff and put up with a lot
of shit from others than Dan, who were jealous of the attention PMurph gets
from administration and fans. He also doubled his salary.
Preston played under Harrick, and Skinner, and was with Al and Cooley at BC.
He's played in the Elite 8 and two other NCAAs.
He's a winner.
I think some here fail to realize the high regard Preston is held in many circles at URI.
Last edited by rodfromcranston 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ATPTourFan wrote:
Kingston wrote:Plus Preston can recruit better than Dan.
OMG not this again.
ATP,
I think we need a Hurley thread now but also a possible replacement thread. Really two separate subjects.
Funny we created the coaching carousel thread without thinking our own guy would become the star of the show :cry:
0 x
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

Running Ram wrote:
RhowdyRam02 wrote:If Preston would never ever leave us no matter what, why did he leave us after being named associate head coach to take the second assistant position at BC?
this too
He's actually the third highest paid assistant on the staff. Just proves money, league, and perception matters to these guys.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

ATPTourFan wrote:Read closely. First public mention of Dan's ongoing negotiations with Rhody.

It looks like the piece about Hurley's ongoing negotiations has been removed from this piece. Hm.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

rodfromcranston wrote:Preston's dream is the URI job. Just as PC is Ed Cooley's.
He won't be looking to hold the school hostage ever couple of years,
when others come calling.
I love Dan, but he's not Shaka Smart, and still hasn't figured out how
to get his team to close out games, and beat anyone better than us.
He also has to cool down his sideline antics, which hurt much more than they help.
If Dan walks, he walks.
I'm not losing sleep over it anymore.

Preston left, because he was the outsider on the staff and put up with a lot
of shit from others than Dan, who were jealous of the attention PMurph gets
from administration and fans. He also doubled his salary.
Preston played under Harrick, and Skinner, and was with Al and Cooley at BC.
He's played in the Elite 8 and two other NCAAs.
He's a winner.
Good post Rod.....
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

I can't believe we're going down the Preston rabbit hole when speculating about potential Dan Hurley replacements is more premature then Jason Biggs in American Pie. That said, Preston was given a title that would have made him next in line to be coach here and he left to take a positional downgrade so he could get paid more. No hard feelings, but if he left once for more money even though he took a step back why are we assuming he won't leave a second time if offered more money? Great he said it's his dream job, and I do believe him, but I let's not go overboard either. For all the talk about Hurley holding us hostage and Preston wanting to make a life long commitment to us, one of the men has stayed s far even in the face of a bigger offer two years ago and one of the men left, and it's the opposite of how people are portraying the two men the last 16 hours.
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Re: REPORTS: Dan Hurley a Candidate for St John's

I'm with the notion that Murphy is a winner and wouldn't be unhappy for him to come back as the HC when the time comes, but no one is above the "offer that can't be refused"
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: REPORTS: Dan Hurley a Candidate for St. John's

Unread post by TruePoint »

Maybe we tap the breaks a bit and see how this plays out before we nominate our choice for next coach?
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

RhowdyRam02 wrote:one of the men has stayed so far even in the face of a bigger offer two years ago and one of the men left, and it's the opposite of how people are portraying the two men the last 16 hours.
true words
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

FWIW, go check Hurley's latest favorited tweet. That's a good sign.
0 x
Go Rhody
McRam
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by McRam »

ATPTourFan wrote:Come on! Let's be serious and not look like we know nothing of college basketball. Bobby is never coming back to URI.

Maybe that post was a joke?
Seriously, Why?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:I can't believe we're going down the Preston rabbit hole when speculating about potential Dan Hurley replacements is more premature then Jason Biggs in American Pie. That said, Preston was given a title that would have made him next in line to be coach here and he left to take a positional downgrade so he could get paid more. No hard feelings, but if he left once for more money even though he took a step back why are we assuming he won't leave a second time if offered more money? Great he said it's his dream job, and I do believe him, but I let's not go overboard either. For all the talk about Hurley holding us hostage and Preston wanting to make a life long commitment to us, one of the men has stayed s far even in the face of a bigger offer two years ago and one of the men left, and it's the opposite of how people are portraying the two men the last 16 hours.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

Running Ram wrote:Nope I'm not effing kidding you bress, it doesn't matter who ace is, we all know she is close to the Hurley bros and that being the case it makes sense that she wouldn't post in this thread at this time, neither would I, that's why I made it clear that I was less than serious when I mentioned her absence from the discussion as a reason to worry, just that her absence is obvious.

now then mr. bressler I say ...
:lol: :P :D :D :lol: :| ;) :roll: :) :? :shock: :shock: :o :lol: :P :P :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :roll: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
to you!!!

Brought to you by RR fastbreak productions
IN ASSOCIATION WITH FUCK YOUR EMOTICON ENTERPRISES :P

that's the razzzzzberry for you :P Did you feel it?
No, Running Ram - I didn't feel it, but I am smiling…..Wow!!!!!!!
You know, what they say is true: Do something for awhile, stop, and guess what? What you used to do, that's what they remember.
Now, Running Ram, I am laughing. Come a little closer with your raspberry, that's it, and now you can kiss my behind.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mind your manners, sonny, you shouldn't be dropping personal expletives on the board. That's the stuff that gets one a suspension.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote:FWIW, go check Hurley's latest favorited tweet. That's a good sign.
What is it?
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I don't understand this "Hurley is holding us hostage" bullshit. Just because other schools want him? What is he supposed to do differently?

Is it because he is using other offers to get more out of URI? Isn't that what we all want? Or is URI supposed to pony up and pay with the big boys but Dan just isn't supposed to ask for it? It all sounds a little ridiculous to be honest.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Preston even was sending players to visit URI AFTER he left.
His mother and brother were at the Hurley Show in Johnston.
His heart is here, make no mistake about it.
He's told me many times of his love for the school.
He still lives in Cranston. His mother, wife and son has been at our games.
IF Dan leaves, there will be a groundswell of real support for PMurph.
Take it to the bank.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

adam914 wrote:I don't understand this "Hurley is holding us hostage" bullshit. Just because other schools want him? What is he supposed to do differently?

Is it because he is using other offers to get more out of URI? Isn't that what we all want? Or is URI supposed to pony up and pay with the big boys but Dan just isn't supposed to ask for it? It all sounds a little ridiculous to be honest.
It is ridiculous. I predict that we will not cover ourselves in glory here over the next week. Something about the real world piercing the Rhody bubble brings out the child in some of us.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

bressler3south wrote:
Running Ram wrote:Nope I'm not effing kidding you bress, it doesn't matter who ace is, we all know she is close to the Hurley bros and that being the case it makes sense that she wouldn't post in this thread at this time, neither would I, that's why I made it clear that I was less than serious when I mentioned her absence from the discussion as a reason to worry, just that her absence is obvious.

now then mr. bressler I say ...
:lol: :P :D :D :lol: :| ;) :roll: :) :? :shock: :shock: :o :lol: :P :P :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :roll: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
to you!!!

Brought to you by RR fastbreak productions
IN ASSOCIATION WITH FUCK YOUR EMOTICON ENTERPRISES :P

that's the razzzzzberry for you :P Did you feel it?
No, Running Ram - I didn't feel it, but I am smiling…..Wow!!!!!!!
You know, what they say is true: Do something for awhile, stop, and guess what? What you used to do, that's what they remember.
Now, Running Ram, I am laughing. Come a little closer with your raspberry, that's it, and now you can kiss my behind.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mind your manners, sonny, you shouldn't be dropping personal expletives on the board. That's the stuff that gets one a suspension.
Between this and the American Pie comment I literally can't stop laughing. :lol:
My kids criticized me for my use of emoticons in text messages -if they only knew this board :roll:
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

DH is not holding us hostage, he's looking at his options going forward, it would be silly for him to not examine the market when given the chance, hopefully he still feels like his best long term option is to guide Rhody to the next level. One thing I can agree with is I'm not losing sleep over it either, stay, go, we'll see.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Billyboy78 wrote:
Rhody15 wrote:FWIW, go check Hurley's latest favorited tweet. That's a good sign.
What is it?
Attachments
image.jpg
0 x
Go Rhody
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

TruePoint wrote:
adam914 wrote:I don't understand this "Hurley is holding us hostage" bullshit. Just because other schools want him? What is he supposed to do differently?

It is ridiculous. I predict that we will not cover ourselves in glory here over the next week. Something about the real world piercing the Rhody bubble brings out the child in some of us.
Exactly, it's like we all want Rhody to take that next step and be a big time program, but some fans sound like maybe they aren't ready for what that brings along with it.
0 x
Ashcat
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Ashcat »

Coach Hurly and his predecessor were and are the highest paid State employees ever. How much leeway, President Dooley, and not Thorr Bjorn, has in any renegotiation is very limited. We are State not in fiscal turmoil but in fiscal Armageddon. To expect Capitol Hill to ante-up in any significant measure is a pipe dream. For those of us who have spent their careers in the private sector and have faced these types of decisions it’s always an investment versus return equation. When dealing with a State University who, as we all know too well, is a stepchild of State Government and to expect support of hire and consummate salary perks etc. far, far, above any other precedent is nil. In all honesty, if I were an elected official, and given the, beyond all imagination, fiscal nightmare this State is in, I would need one hell of a business plan to justify salary, perks etc. that much higher than Coach Hurley is under contract to receive. It’s easy to say to retain a high visibility, successful coach takes moneys and lots of it. However, does anyone expect the Fast Break, Club, Alumni Association, other generous private donor(s) or combination thereof anteing up a million or so dollars annually for a URI Coach’s salary?

On the up side, should Coach Hurley be offered a package from Saint John’s significantly higher than URI’s and choses’ to decline, at least that’s the acid test (didn’t we say that about Rutgers?) that he’s here long enough to fully establish our program. There’s a risk in that for sure but, if successful, Dan Hurley’s stock will skyrocket, and he can right his own ticket in say, two years.

Lastly, should, Mullin choose not to coach Saint Johns’ and Coach Hurley is offered the opportunity to rebuild another program, Preston Murphy should be at the top of any list for consideration.
0 x