The Upcoming 2015-16 Season!

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Re: The Upcoming 2015-16 Season!

Unread post by CT Rhody »

Providence college ticket update: I recieved information today that the game has roughly 6,750 tickets already accounted for between season ticket holders, student tickets, PC's allotment, and mini plan sales to date. The Ryan Center box office fully expects the game to sell out before single game tickets go on sale and the only way to get them is through the 5 game flex mini plans. We need these last thousand seats to go to URI fans and not PC fans so spread the word and start pushing the mini plans so we can get a true home court advantage for this game!
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

CT Rhody wrote:Providence college ticket update: I recieved information today that the game has roughly 6,750 tickets already accounted for between season ticket holders, student tickets, PC's allotment, and mini plan sales to date. The Ryan Center box office fully expects the game to sell out before single game tickets go on sale and the only way to get them is through the 5 game flex mini plans. We need these last thousand seats to go to URI fans and not PC fans so spread the word and start pushing the mini plans so we can get a true home court advantage for this game!
Do you know what the allotment for PC is?
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

There are many of our season ticket holders who buy extra pc tickets for their pc fan friends......one of the most obnoxious pc fans I know gets to the game every year this way.....he knows nothing about college basketball unless it is big east related...and then he is an expert.

It unfortunately is a fact of life.....I took a cousin of mine to a game one year and he was a pc alum.....so of course he rooted for the friars and they won in our gym......I've never invited him back.....I will rip up any of my tickets before I give it to a friar fan.....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Billyboy78 wrote:
CT Rhody wrote:Providence college ticket update: I recieved information today that the game has roughly 6,750 tickets already accounted for between season ticket holders, student tickets, PC's allotment, and mini plan sales to date. The Ryan Center box office fully expects the game to sell out before single game tickets go on sale and the only way to get them is through the 5 game flex mini plans. We need these last thousand seats to go to URI fans and not PC fans so spread the word and start pushing the mini plans so we can get a true home court advantage for this game!
Do you know what the allotment for PC is?
I'm hearing 1,200 for their fans and 500 for their students.
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

People need to remember how much more flexibility the mini plans this year offer too, K-Mac even noted in the journal what a great deal it is for a HM product.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

TBS tagline while watching Cardinals-Cubs: "MARCH MADNESS BEGINS MARCH 15 ON TBS….."

Been waiting a long, long time.
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Getting my cue from Roadyjay!
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

From the above article (also has some good quotes from Dan)-

Terrell says he appreciates the fact that with more talent on the court, offense should come easier for everyone. “We have more talent, obviously, but we have unselfish guys. We are all looking to make the better play,” he says.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

0 x
RIhoopz14
Kenny Green

Unread post by RIhoopz14 »

So if I'm on Ticketmaster the very minute that they release single game tickets for PC you dont think I'd have a shot? And if I do wait til then, they would still be available in the alotted 5 game plan correct?
0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

just listened to the interview. Nothing new...expects our shooting to go from a weakness last season to a strength this year. One of the hosts said that he thought we have the best team in the A10 on paper, and Dan said he thinks the guys on our starting 5 could play for most teams in the country. He and Bobby have started their own coaching tree...they were not longtime college assistants anywhere. They talk almost daily and are each others support network. Only wants to play Bobby in an NCAA tourney game. He also said that he thinks that we would have been an at large team last year if we had won the two conference games we lost at the buzzer. .. to paraphrase "we were two baskets away last year".
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

RIhoopz14 wrote:
So if I'm on Ticketmaster the very minute that they release single game tickets for PC you dont think I'd have a shot? And if I do wait til then, they would still be available in the alotted 5 game plan correct?
It obviously all depends on sales but from the sound of it the admin is trying to do their best to ensure no single tickets go on sale. I would buy the five game pack now. Keep in mind the five game pack is a great deal.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Any idea when we'll get an email regarding the extra PC tickets season ticket holders were allowed to buy? I put in for 4, and a previous email said we'd get another email the second week of October with the details.
0 x
Go Rhody
BornNBred33
Steve Chubin

Unread post by BornNBred33 »

Hello everyone, I am a first time season ticket holder this year and was curious when they generally send out the ticket package? Thanks.
0 x
Shaolin Swat
ARD

Unread post by Shaolin Swat »

BornNBred33 wrote:Hello everyone, I am a first time season ticket holder this year and was curious when they generally send out the ticket package? Thanks.
Should be out within the next week or so I'd assume. They usually get mailed out mid-October
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I was told today by the ticketing office that they would be mailed next week.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Don't buy extra tickets and give them to friar fans......
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

For what it's worth……Look who's projected at #8.

http://www.si.com/college-basketball/20 ... uddy-hield
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

0 x
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

BornNBred33 wrote:Hello everyone, I am a first time season ticket holder this year and was curious when they generally send out the ticket package? Thanks.
Tickets are being mailed Monday.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Yeah, I'll take SI's prediction any day.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Here's the longer version of that WPRI interview (with a Harrick mention at the end!):
http://wpri.com/2015/10/15/uri-head-coa ... -kourakis/
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Thanks for posting ATP. always good to hear anything Coach Hurley has to say.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the ... 04444.html

Yahoo predicts a first place finish for us, EC and Hassan as first team A10, and Iverson as newcomer of the year.

Also ranks the A10 as the 8th best league in the country.
0 x
Go Rhody
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

Can you really count Kuran's transfer as him going "down a level"? Not sure the American is good enough to consider it a level above the A10.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Dre3000 wrote:Can you really count Kuran's transfer as him going "down a level"? Not sure the American is good enough to consider it a level above the A10.
I completely agree the A10 does not get the respect it deserves. I run a fitness center in Smithfield and have so many PC/Big East fans that show the A10 no respect. Walking into work the day after we beat PC this year is going to feel soooooo good.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Studley06 wrote:
Dre3000 wrote:Can you really count Kuran's transfer as him going "down a level"? Not sure the American is good enough to consider it a level above the A10.
I completely agree the A10 does not get the respect it deserves. I run a fitness center in Smithfield and have so many PC/Big East fans that show the A10 no respect. Walking into work the day after we beat PC this year is going to feel soooooo good.
But there's one thing you have to remember. 95% of PC fans are stupid.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Obviously a writer who did little homework and simply looked at stats on a page.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Yeah and says we have the best front court in the conference.
Thanks dude, but no way.
0 x
860_rhody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by 860_rhody »

Studley06 wrote:
This. I grew up in the heart of UCONN country, and even the most devoted CBB fans know nothing about the A10. They treat it as if it's a one bid league, when in reality we had more NCAA and NIT bids than them in a "down year".
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I hate dumb articles. There's so much information out there, I don't get how people who are paid for these things can get facts wrong. Cady Lalanne got drafted. Not that I'm saying he deserved to be drafted, or that he was a high pick...but if you're a writer - why put something in an article like "they had no one drafted to the NBA" and not just do a quick google search?
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

860_rhody wrote:
Studley06 wrote:
This. I grew up in the heart of UCONN country, and even the most devoted CBB fans know nothing about the A10. They treat it as if it's a one bid league, when in reality we had more NCAA and NIT bids than them in a "down year".

The irony is that an argument could now be made that UConn's conference (AAC) is inferior to the A-10. The A-10 has had a better conference RPI and more NCAA bids in the two years since the AAC formed.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Let there be no doubt.....UConn is still light years ahead of any basketball program in New England.....no matter which conference they are in....we have quite the distance to travel to even be mentioned as close to them...
0 x
Shaolin Swat
ARD

Ramulous wrote:Let there be no doubt.....UConn is still light years ahead of any basketball program in New England.....no matter which conference they are in....we have quite the distance to travel to even be mentioned as close to them...
Agreed, UCONN is still head and shoulders above most programs across the country, including all of the programs in New England. Everyone still has a long way to go to catch up to the success that they've had.

That being said, saying that the AAC is weaker than the A10 is a reasonable argument to make. The AAC, A10 and NBE are all relatively similar conferences (not being a power 5 conference, but better than your traditional mid-major conference), with the AAC being arguably the worst of the 3 conferences. It's still early since conference realignments and will be interesting to see how the next few tournaments shake out and whether the perceptions of the 3 conferences change at all.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

I cannot hold any league in lower esteem than I do the new big east.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

You know, I forgot that UConn was in New England….
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Luckily I didn't get into URI basketball to compare it to UCONN.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

bigappleram wrote:Obviously a writer who did little homework and simply looked at stats on a page.
Blue Man wrote:I hate dumb articles. There's so much information out there, I don't get how people who are paid for these things can get facts wrong. Cady Lalanne got drafted. Not that I'm saying he deserved to be drafted, or that he was a high pick...but if you're a writer - why put something in an article like "they had no one drafted to the NBA" and not just do a quick google search?
Apparently "Five Minute Preview" refers to the amount of time it took to put the preview together.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Tuesday, October 20, 2015
Atlantic 10 Roundtable

http://dalydoseofhoops.blogspot.com/201 ... table.html
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

That is so hard to read with that background. Maybe that's why that dude has to make up what he sees at games- poor eye sight. (Yes, still bitter! I'm ridiculous, I know.)

How does that Richmond guy say that URI is overrated and also pick them to win the tournament? Also, I think they slightly overachieved last year, so the force of habit comment seems off.

Good job, Smarty! I also like St. Joe's more than others seem to.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

ace wrote:That is so hard to read with that background. Maybe that's why that dude has to make up what he sees at games- poor eye sight. (Yes, still bitter! I'm ridiculous, I know.)

How does that Richmond guy say that URI is overrated and also pick them to win the tournament? Also, I think they slightly overachieved last year, so the force of habit comment seems off.

You are not alone. I haven't forgotten or forgiven Jayden Daly for his personal attacks on Dan Hurley either. He went totally beyond the accepted norms of journalism.
0 x
Shaolin Swat
ARD

ace wrote:That is so hard to read with that background. Maybe that's why that dude has to make up what he sees at games- poor eye sight. (Yes, still bitter! I'm ridiculous, I know.)

I thought, for the most part, the panelists were pretty unbiased throughout the article and provided some good insight. The Richmond guy though, I felt like he tried to plug Richmond or VCU in all of his answers.
0 x
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by BFC »

0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I have been saying this might be the best use of Iverson - as a Point Forward, similar to how Niang is used or Kanacevic on St Joe's a couple years ago. Run offense through him in the foul line, high post area -- allow him to utilize his passing skills and ability to beat people off the dribble.
0 x
860_rhody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by 860_rhody »

RF1 wrote:Tuesday, October 20, 2015
Atlantic 10 Roundtable

http://dalydoseofhoops.blogspot.com/201 ... table.html

I like how every one of panelists chose a Rhody game for "Game of the Year".
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

bigappleram wrote:I have been saying this might be the best use of Iverson - as a Point Forward, similar to how Niang is used or Kanacevic on St Joe's a couple years ago. Run offense through him in the foul line, high post area -- allow him to utilize his passing skills and ability to beat people off the dribble.
Whats funny is its our offense. They did this with Gil he just wasn't very good at it.

OR maybe I should say he wasn't close to the level of those two guys that were mentioned.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry