Game #18: St. Bonaventure - Sun. 1/25 2:00PM

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: Game #18: St. Bonaventure - Sun. 1/25 2:00PM

Unread post by TruePoint »

So the bad news is that I missed the first few minutes of the game because I got pulled over and got a ticket on Slocum Rd on the way into campus. The good news is that I can get the ticket dismissed with my good driving record, but have to show up to court in NK on Feb 25th - which gives me an excellent excuse to go to the Davidson game!

As far as what I saw when I finally got to the Ryan, I thought that was a really impressive win. I commented before the LaSalle game that being without EC for a game or two could end up being a blessing in disguise for Rhody because it would force other guys to step up and maybe establish something that could carry over and help them after EC returns. Terrell was the guy I thought of first for that, and he seized the opportunity. He cooled off toward the end of the game, but a few minutes into the second half he had half our points. We wouldn't have had any chance to win the game without such a great effort from him.

In addition, I continue to be so impressed with Jarvis. The box score wouldn't tell you much and he continues to struggle from the floor, but the kid is a natural PG and sees the floor and gets the game more than anyone we've had in a long time. TJ was his usual reliable self, playing a role in taking Posley out of the game, being the hardest worker on the floor (getting to that loose ball in the backcourt, etc.) and exorcising some of the demons from the VCU game by icing this one with 5/6 from the line down the stretch.

Last but not least, Hassan. Hassan is not fair. Hassan is our best player. Hassan finishes strong at the rim, and added a nice baseline jumper today. He blocked a few shots in the last minute, when Bonnies needed a score to stay in the game, and finished with 17 blocks in the last two games. Seven. Teen. That is absurd.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

What a terrific job by the entire team in stepping it up in the wake of EC's not playing. But most of all I was happy to see Jared Terrell turn in the kind of performance we all knew he was capable of. Let's hope that this game is the turnaround we were waiting for and the young man adds a scoring threat to his already solid defensive efforts. Man, can this kid leap as he gathered in several defensive rebounds - just a thing of beauty to watch.
0 x
Ram1019
ARD

Unread post by Ram1019 »

Billyboy78 wrote:
adam914 wrote:If he was even talking about basketball, it has to be Iverson right? Or we would have heard about it from someone.
Supposedly Iverson was sitting in a different section. Someone else in the 6'8" range was spotted. It's a mystery at this point.
Exactly that...a mystery. He didnt really look I like Iverson but then again I was sitting in a 300 level section so please don't take my word for it!
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

TruePoint wrote:So the bad news is that I missed the first few minutes of the game because I got pulled over and got a ticket on Slocum Rd on the way into campus. The good news is that I can get the ticket dismissed with my good driving record, but have to show up to court in NK on Feb 25th - which gives me an excellent excuse to go to the Davidson game!

As far as what I saw when I finally got to the Ryan, I thought that was a really impressive win. I commented before the LaSalle game that being without EC for a game or two could end up being a blessing in disguise for Rhody because it would force other guys to step up and maybe establish something that could carry over and help them after EC returns. Terrell was the guy I thought of first for that, and he seized the opportunity. He cooled off toward the end of the game, but a few minutes into the second half he had half our points. We wouldn't have had any chance to win the game without such a great effort from him.

In addition, I continue to be so impressed with Jarvis. The box score wouldn't tell you much and he continues to struggle from the floor, but the kid is a natural PG and sees the floor and gets the game more than anyone we've had in a long time. TJ was his usual reliable self, playing a role in taking Posley out of the game, being the hardest worker on the floor (getting to that loose ball in the backcourt, etc.) and exorcising some of the demons from the VCU game by icing this one with 5/6 from the line down the stretch.
When I got to the game and heard he wasn't playing I did not think "What a Blessing". But kudos to TP for this call, b/c it may have been exactly what was needed to unleash the offensive confidence in Terrell.
Last edited by bigappleram 9 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Oh, and Fleming used the words,"Elite prospect".
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Jarvis is playing so well despite not scoring a lot. You can tell he is a much better shooter than he has showed and Danny has said he has showed as much in practice. If, or once he gets his shot going consistently he will be that much more of a threat and the team will obviously benefit as well. Hope against Fordham he can knock down a few outside shots and get him going as well. And hope EC is better soon.
0 x
Rammgr
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Rammgr »

I saw the guy in 105. Not sure if was Iverson but if not similar build to what has been reported here. 6'8" or so & kind of thin. Had a red sweatshirt on.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

bigappleram wrote:
TruePoint wrote:So the bad news is that I missed the first few minutes of the game because I got pulled over and got a ticket on Slocum Rd on the way into campus. The good news is that I can get the ticket dismissed with my good driving record, but have to show up to court in NK on Feb 25th - which gives me an excellent excuse to go to the Davidson game!

When I got to the game and heard he wasn't playing I did not think "What a Blessing". But kudos to TP for this call, b/c it may have been exactly what was needed to unleash the offensive confidence in Terrell.
Yeah, I mean I also said before the LaSalle game that I hope he is able to play. If he wasn't hurt I would never have suggested they sit him just to throw other guys into the fire (obviously). So "blessing" is probably a bad way of describing what I was trying to say. Maybe "silver lining" would have been better. But my point was, hey, if we have to lose EC for a night or two it could help us in some way in down the road.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Rammgr, that was the guy.
What I asked a few people about was, a very tall kid sitting
opposite the visitor's bench,
He has a backwards hat and grey sweat pants.
At the end of the same row was a guy in URI gear with a smaller kid.
My guess is, that was Fleming and his football recruit.
0 x
Ram1019
ARD

Unread post by Ram1019 »

Coach Fleming you're killing us! Haha
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

Guess I'd better get out early tomorrow AM, and stock up on hot wieners and coffee milk.

I bet some poster here, not from RI, have no idea what this is. lol. I'm getting hungry just thinking about this nutritious meal.
0 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

great down and dirty win... negatives be damned.. this team plays tenacious defense for 40 minutes and hustles for every loose ball like it was the last one.. The play by TJ to go 1/2 the court and dive for the loose ball epitomizes his value to this team.. Sitting in 306 I could see the st Bon guard look behind and seeing how far back TJ was he let up on going for the ball. Big mistake!! How good will this team be playing the same type of D with some help on the offensive end.. We should all be glad we are there to see it happen!!
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Hassan Martin for president!
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote:Hassan Martin for president!

He's the man.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Hassan Martin in the big chair? Hassy the GREAT 2016?!

He would veto everything :lol: :D :lol:
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
jaywin86
Steve Chubin

Unread post by jaywin86 »

Gil!!! Anyone!? Give the guy some credit. He has played his best games back to back this year. No foul trouble at all.. Amazing Donald Duck impression
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Wonder what our defensive efficiency ranking is.

Got to be in the top 10 nationally now.

Need to keep that effort up on the road....no letup....especially since EC will most likely be out for Wednesday's game.
0 x
Optimistic
Kenny Green

Unread post by Optimistic »

KenPom now has us at #8 nationally in Defensive Efficiency. The only teams ahead of us are (in order from #1 to #7) Kentucky, Virginia, San Diego St., Louisville, Utah, Oklahoma, Arizona. That's 7 tournament teams more than likely. Now if only our Offensive Efficiency wasn't 228th...
0 x
This one's optimistic
This one went to market
This one just came out of the swamp
This one dropped a payload
Fodder for the animals
Living on animal farm
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

jaywin86 wrote:Gil!!! Anyone!? Give the guy some credit. He has played his best games back to back this year. No foul trouble at all.. Amazing Donald Duck impression
Good tweets, too-

0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

bigappleram wrote:The defense we play is best described as disruptive and tenacious. The casual fan cant even appreciate how well we handle ball screens, blitz the dribbler, defend the hand-off, rotate on switches and close out on shooters. We do it at an elite level. If our offense even gets to 75% of that we are going to be a nightmare for other teams.
Such great points. A lot of fans thought Rhody was good defensively in Hurley's first two years- they weren't. They hustled and dove on the floor and tried to bring intensity, but the technique and skill weren't there, in part because of developing personnel. The offense is about a year behind, again because of who's on the roster. This team has their moments offensively, but we haven't yet really seen what the coach can put together. Iverson is mostly hype over results at this point (not meant to be a shot at him- I love getting him) but add him and Thompson, who brings a pretty diverse offensive game, and it's close.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Defense is phenomenal. In conference games, #1 in D-points-per-possession, blocks per game and 3pt FG%, #2 in total FG%, #3 in TOs forced.

Our outlier stats on offense are clear and well established - Turnovers, 3pt FG% and FTs. Against good teams we have to do 2 of those 3 above average to win.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Offensive rating of 228th? Wow, that's offensive.....

Imagine if we were say, 100th? NCAA tourney, here we come....

At least being 228th, there's about 125 teams worse.....
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

URI up to 8th nationally in defensive efficiency per kenpom . Only Kentucky, Virginia, SDSU, Louisville, Utah, Oklahoma and Arizona ahead of Rams.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Turnovers = wasted possessions = low Offensive-points per-possession (192 in the country). Given our FG% is 41st in the country, and 4th in conference games, its a pretty direct correlation.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

bigappleram wrote:Defense is phenomenal. In conference games, #1 in D-points-per-possession, blocks per game and 3pt FG%, #2 in total FG%, #3 in TOs forced.

Our outlier stats on offense are clear and well established - Turnovers, 3pt FG% and FTs. Against good teams we have to do 2 of those 3 above average to win.
And the 3 point and free throw shooting I'm basically ok with- it's just kind of what it is. They do work on it and some games will be better than others, but regression to the mean is a very real thing.

But the turnovers- that's what makes you cringe and throw clipboards. At the same time, why focus on, "but if they only..." They're getting better, addressing their needs, and are easy to root for. Works for me for this season.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote:Offensive rating of 228th? Wow, that's offensive.....

Imagine if we were say, 100th? NCAA tourney, here we come....

At least being 228th, there's about 125 teams worse.....
Imagine how fast I could get to work if my car could fly?
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

They are an inspiring bunch with the way they play. They FIGHT.
Can't wait til the next game.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Our issues with ball handling is tough to overcome.

However, our passing, focus, and court awareness can be worked on.

I think the turnovers will decrease with time. Still going to be a problem some nights though.

Our 3 pt. and FT shooting has obvious room for improvement too. Even a few percentage points will make a huge difference.

I don't see us ever becoming great in all those areas, but just a modest improvement will mean a few more wins a year.
0 x
Tom98
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Tom98 »

I'm very happy with the performance today.....extraordinary effort all around. That is the true identity of this team. I hope EC will be back soon....gorhody!!!
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

TP, some of your responses are really out there.

100th in offensive efficiency is not unreasonable to expect, in time anyway.

It can be done. If not, we won't be an NCAA team. At least somewhere in that vicinity.

I think as long as Dan Hurley is our coach, we will be better on defense than offense. Nothing wrong with that of course, but the gap between the two has to narrow considerably.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

rambone 78 wrote:Our issues with ball handling is tough to overcome.

However, our passing, focus, and court awareness can be worked on.

I think the turnovers will decrease with time. Still going to be a problem some nights though.

Our 3 pt. and FT shooting has obvious room for improvement too. Even a few percentage points will make a huge difference.

I don't see us ever becoming great in all those areas, but just a modest improvement will mean a few more wins a year.
How do you say you dont see us EVER being good at 3pt or FT shooting....ever? Geez tough outlook. Is the air different in Kingston?
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote:TP, some of your responses are really out there.

100th in offensive efficiency is not unreasonable to expect, in time anyway.

It can be done. If not, we won't be an NCAA team. At least somewhere in that vicinity.

I think as long as Dan Hurley is our coach, we will be better on defense than offense. Nothing wrong with that of course, but the gap between the two has to narrow considerably.
Our players are our players, and they are the reason we are so good defensively. They are also the reason we are what we are on the offensive end. That is just the profile of our personnel and it isn't going to change dramatically this season. It isn't a fluke, it's just who we are, and that is fine. We have an identity. We may get better on offense in future seasons as our personnel changes and as some of our younger players improve as shooters year over year. But to expect this team to just wake up and suddenly be dramatically more efficient is not realistic.

As someone touched on earlier, one area where there could be some improvement this season is in taking better care of the basketball. But otherwise, save for an aberration every now and then, we are going to continue to shoot about the same way that we have to this point.
0 x
Roz
ARD

Unread post by Roz »

Last year we lose this game for sure
0 x
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

I liked the heart and determination Rhody showed in this game. They showed up and ground out a win in a close game without their leading scorer. Great to see Terrell come into his own offensively...especially from three point land.
0 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
CTRamfan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CTRamfan »

College is a progression of learning..........freshman become sophmores etc.

Shooting percentages, shooting range, shot seletion, confidence will all improve with the core five. These guys are all good players.
Think back, have you ever seen underclassman play defense, as a team, like this group.......amazing!!!
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

This win could be a huge turning point for this team.

A win without your best scorer shows everyone else that it can be done...when we get him back maybe the offense will be less "pass it to EC and hope he scores" and give us more scoring options.

Then again...you don't need to score a lot of points...just more than the other team.

Dan has done an incredible job with our defense and it's awesome to have a team with an identity.

I assume EC sits on Wednesday so he's fresh for Saturday...back to back wins without him could be the sparkplug we need for the home stretch.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Another really nice look at how far we've already come as a program. I know Nebraska was overrated, but beating a team with a number next to their name is an important step. Another big step yesterday. When was the last time we could have beaten a top 150 team in conference while missing one of our two best players? And now we've already matched our win total in conference from last season, and we still have almost two thirds of our conference schedule left. Year over year improvement, improving during the season, checking off program milestones we haven't been able to in years. This is a process we can believe in with results we can see!
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

This was a game where we saw who was going to step up and who was not ready. A big shout out to Jared & TJ & Hasan $ Jarvis for leading the way, while Matt, Biggie and Gil were MIA.

While I thought Matt took good shots which didn't drop, his defense and hustle just were not there. When Matt didn't shield off the defender on the long in-bound pass and gave up a lay-up, I had seen enough of his act. You get no little things out of Matt and that is just attitude. He was given a lot of minutes and just didn't produce - this was his big chance and he was not ready.

Jared is the type of player you want on your side in a tough game. He arrived today as the complete player that we thought he was going to be. Jared epitomizes what I consider being Ram tough - mentally and physically.

I heard quipped that EC has a repetitive stress foot injury caused by bouncing dribbles off his foot in the LaSalle game.

Last year when Biggie lost his starting job, he tanked rather than fight. This year it is more of the same. This kid has yet to learn an important life lesson. He does not appear as physically strong as he did earlier in the season.

TJ brings it every game. He is a terror on defense and makes his teammates better on offense. In the VCU game he missed some key FTs late, today he made 5 in a row before missing at the end to win this game. TJ doesn't quit when he experiences adversity. He inspires his teammates. In TJ, we see what senior leadership is all about - and from someone who doesn't start.

Gil just isn't consistently tough. At times he puts up the effort, but too often he plays soft.

Hassan is a better ARD. Enough said.

Jarvis is a very good PG and rightfully deserves the starting job. I don't expect consistent scoring for a PG every game. Jarvis gives us consistent ball handling and defense whic makes others better. That is what you expect from a PG.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

I think the bad turnover rate is the product of the dizzying
substitutions Dan makes.
Playing mostly 5-7 players build unity on offense.
On the other hand, the substituting adds to the defense, by
keeping the players fresher, throughout the game.
This is the team for this season.
The defensive intensity will be there. The shooting and ball handling
will be sporadic.
Our depth is more in numbers than quality. Other than TJ, we got 2 points
from the bench yesterday.
Four pretty open shots for Butler, none finding the mark.
I don't see him playing at all next year, once Thompson is on board.
Reischel looked confused in his brief time on the floor.
At least Watson takes up space underneath, and isn't afraid to mix it up.
Oneykaba is a DNP most nights. Another player who might think about his future here.
EC may not be healthy all year, and that could catch up with us, eventually.
Despite it all, we're 13-5, and have a realistic chance at 20 wins, on a tough OOC
schedule, and a good record in the A-10.
I think most should be happy with where we are with what we have.
0 x
BornNBred33
Steve Chubin

Unread post by BornNBred33 »

Did anyone catch the post game press conference with JT, Dan and Terrell? Dan pretty much called out the fan base again. I don't mind it, but does anyone else?
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

BornNBred33 wrote:Did anyone catch the post game press conference with JT, Dan and Terrell? Dan pretty much called out the fan base again. I don't mind it, but does anyone else?
It is probably deserved in some respects, but continuing to harp on it probably doesn't help anything. I feel very confident that it will take care of itself as the team wins more consistently over time, but Dan has no history with this fan base to know that is how it will be.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

The complaining about attendance, student participation,
and crowd noise and involvement is getting old.
Dan sees it through his eyes, and feels the effort deserves fan support.
Most here would agree, because we support the program as best we can.
However, to the fringe-bandwagon-casual fan, they see, we didn't beat PC,
we didn't beat VCU, and haven't had a really quality win this year.
The team isn't going to the NCAAs and doesn't seem like anything special.
So, they'd just as soon sit at home, maybe watch us on TV, and save their time
and money for some other type of entertainment.
We will not get real support beyond what we have now until, we beat PC, beat top 20 teams,
and are clearly headed for the NCAA.
I told Dan the night before the PC game, "Win this game and the entire perception changes in this state."
He looked at me as if I was from Mars.
I think it begins there. That's where people outside the current fanbase being to notice URI.
Do that and go from there, and you'll see interest and attendance grow.
0 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

There are a few problems with attendance, many of which have been discussed as nauseam.

1. We haven't beat PC or UMass, our two biggest rivals, in quite some time. As Rod mentions: win against PC and you have the casual fans attention.

2. Whether it's fair or not, the vast majority of young successful recent URI graduates leave the area for major cities. Whether its Boston, NYC, DC, Chicago etc., they are gone. I know there are still quite a few grads in the area, but I have to believe there are MANY who would attend every game if it didn't require a 2-3 hour drive. I live in Chicago and catch every game online and/or on TV, but can't support the program in person. I try to make it to STL/Dayton when possible, but other than that flying back to Rhode Island for a game just isn't an option.

3. Attendance as a whole is down. Online and TV network options are more readily available than ever before. The casual fan has the option to watch the game from the comfort of their own home. Honestly, it's an issue at 95% of schools. Look at GW. Coming off a NCAA appearance, high preseason expectations, etc. and they can barely get 4500+ to support a 16-4 (6-1) team.

4. The basketball season schedule is a little unfortunate in the fact it includes a couple different breaks with students leaving to go home. If students were in the area I'm sure the game against VCU would have been very close to a sellout and our "home court advantage" would have been significant.

5. Baron killed the program. Hurley is reviving it, but it takes something special to find a heartbeat that has been lost for 10+ years.

I think in time it will come, but Hurley needs to win first. Once we win I think the fans will start to show. Do I wish we could avg 6k+? Yes. It unfortunately, however, isn't going to happen until we win.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

True, Rod. If we do all those things and the fan support still isn't there, then Dan has a real reason to be unhappy.

He's heard about our history, but he wasn't here for it.

Like you said, the support will come AFTER we start winning big games and go to the Dance. Not before.

That's not what Dan wants, but that's the reality here in Kingston.

Of course, more fan support at home might help us win a couple of games that we might not win otherwise [see Nebraska], so I can see Dan's point, but it is what it is.
0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Outside of 6-7 A10 programs, most casual observers don't know squat about the teams. St Bonnies is having a good season, and has been pretty good for a couple years now...but nobody knows or cares about seeing them. I sat with a friend who has season tix yesterday and even he didn't know they were any good... It's all about TV and a good perception, and most of the A10 doesn't have either. Until we beat teams that the casual fan has heard of, we will have this type of attendance. In the NBE, PC plays against a team every night that you have heard of, and have the perception that they are a good program, even if they are currently not (Depaul) . In the A10, you may only have 2-3 home games against those type of "name" teams in any given season...the rest are nobody's, to the casual fan. So you better be predicted to be an NCAA team, a borderline Top 25 team, or in the Top 25, if you want to draw when you are playing St. Bonnies, Fordham, Duquesne, LaSalle...
Last edited by RIFan 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Agree with Rod, 104, and 78 - great point about Dan not being here for our history - it works for fans too.

It kind of dawned on me while I was talking to ATP - for people like me and BPR - we grew up watching a Rhody team that went dancing 5 times during our formative years. We were kids and the URI players were our heroes. I'm still dealing with the fact that I just discovered ARD was only 6'5. When I was a kid I would've sworn he was 6'8 at a minimum - he played so HUGE.

My idea of URI basketball is the image of how good we were, burned into my brain. I've seen us beat ranked teams regularly. I've seen PCC sell outs full of URI fans. I watched us beat Paul Pierce and Kansas. I saw us get a top 5 prospect and him win us an A10 title. For the more recent fans - I've seen us beat PC...and UMASS, pretty sad that 2 whole classes of students have graduated without seeing a win against either of those teams.

It's sad and true - Jim Baron killed our basketball program. What Dan has done to this point is nothing short of a f$&*ing miracle. I just wish everyone else would rally around that fact.

I know in my heart of hearts that we belong at the national level as a program - but a lot of our students don't get that. Even the local students from 2000 on - if they weren't paying attention in high school, then they literally know only Jerry D and Jim Baron. That's their image of our program. It's sickening, but it explains why people don't expect much.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unrelated to the attendance though - have you ever seen a team that after they make a mistake they hustle back and force a turnover at the other end of the fast break?

It's a hard stat to quantify - but I'd say at least half of the fast breaks we give up are contested heavily, and a good amount of those usually wind up as a block, steal, or turnover.

The hustle our guys have, and the maturity - no one puts their head down after they make a mistake, they just grab their nuts and go full out to make up for it.

I love this team.
0 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

Blue Man, I'm with you...I attended Al Skinner and Jim Harrick basketball camps growing up and idolized those players. I was fortunate enough to have Lamar Odom as my camp coach. Still to this day one of the coolest things I have is a note from Lamar: "Hey Zach, it was fun coaching you!" with his signature.

I grew up at a time when my elementary school gathered in the school library to view the Charlotte NCAA game on the one TV in the school. Those were the days and those that didn't grow up in the area haven't ever experienced that. It was truly a special time in the late 90's and I think it can be replicated, but it will take a run to get there.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Kind of off topic, but someone on the PC
board said our APR reported at 936. A minimum score is 906.
I hadn't seen a report, but I've been waiting for one.
If we did pull a 936, then we're still not out of the woods, and Hare
leaving won't help, if this number is accurate.
0 x
Ramtastico
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Ramtastico »

If they are complaining about attendance, stop showing home games on live(FREE) TV. I am out of state, so the more games on the better for me, but I have always wondered why most home games are on Cox for free. Make all home games PPV, and more butts will be in the seats.
I don't buy the "let's show the games so people will want to come down and see it live" logic.
No free TV=get off your butt to game OR pay a per game/per month/per season package for home games.
0 x