Game #17: La Salle University - Thursday 7:00pm

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Native
ARD

Game #17: La Salle University - Thursday 7:00pm

Unread post by Native »

On Thursday 22-Jan-2015 in the Ryan Center, the University of Rhode Island will host the La Salle Explorers. Tip-off is at 7:00pm.

The game will be broadcast in eastern Pennsylvania on Comcast SportsNet Phialdelphia, and in New York state on SNY. The game will NOT be televised locally on the Ocean State Network (OSN, Cox 1005), which has chosen instead to carry the Xavier at Providence basketball game in the same timeslot.

A radio broadcast of the game can be heard locally in southern New England on B101; in the Philadelphia area, the game will be covered by radio station WNTP 990AM.

Thursday's matchup between URI and La Salle is the first game of a home-and-away conference series, the second game coming on Saturday 28-Feb-2015 in Philadelphia, at the 3400-seat Tom Gola Arena.

The head coach for LaSalle M-BB is Dr John Giannini, now in his eleventh season with the Explorers. The son of Italian immigrants, Giannini grew up in the Chicago area, and received a bachelor's degree in psychology from North Central College in Naperville, Illinois. Giannini also holds a master's degree in physical education with a specialization in sports psychology from North Texas University, as well as a doctorate in kinesiology with a specialization in sports psychology from the University of Illinois.

Giannini was hired as the eighteenth head coach of the La Salle men's basketball team on 23-August-2004. He succeeded Billy Hahn, who was forced to resign in July-2004, following a rape scandal. The university had originally sought to hire La Salle alumnus Fran Dunphy (who at the time was the UPenn head coach), but settled on Giannini after Dunphy turned the school down.

Before arriving at La Salle, Giannini previously coached at the University of Maine, where he left with the Black Bears' best winning percentage in school history. Giannini started his head coaching career at Rowan College, where he won the NCAA Division III national championship in 1996.

Since joining La Salle, Dr Giannini has been assisted by Horace "Pappy" Owens, the URI basketball Hall of Famer and former NBA Draft Pick. Sixth on the URI all-time scoring list, Pappy Owens is in his 11th season as an assistant at La Salle. He entered the collegiate coaching ranks after 14 years as a juvenile probation officer for the City of Philadelphia.

As an assistant coach and recruiter at La Salle, Pappy Owens has been instrumental in the Explorers' recent success, including the 2012-13 Sweet 16 season, in which the team won 24 games, three of which were in the NCAA Tournament (over Boise State, Kansas State and Ole Miss). The Explorers’ Sweet 16 run two years ago certainly has made the school a more well-known name on the recruiting trail.

Coach G recruits good basketball players, and also graduates those players from college. Last spring, the graduation rolls of La Salle included Tyreek Duren, Sam Mills, Ty Garland, and Taylor Dunn.

Joining the Explorers on the hardwood this season are two talented wings who sat out transfer years last season, Jordan Price (Auburn) and Cleon Roberts (Georgia Southern), meaning that even with the graduation of some key personnell, La Salle’s backcourt has the talent to compete in the Atlantic 10 this year.

The Explorers' current record stands at 10-8 (2-3 in A-10 play), a record that indicates that while able to compete, this year's La Salle team has not exactly been burning things up:

Code: Select all

Sat, Nov 15 Colgate              W    57-52 
Tue, Nov 18 @Quinnipiac          W    60-58 
Sat, Nov 22 Saint Peter's        W    59-50 
Tue, Nov 25 St. Francis (NY)     W    73-60 
Fri, Nov 28 #8 Virginia*         L    64-56 
Sat, Nov 29 Vanderbilt*          L    68-55 
Wed, Dec 03 #10 Villanova        L    84-70 
Sat, Dec 06 Temple*              L    58-57 
Sat, Dec 13 @Drexel              W    65-55 
Tue, Dec 16 American             L    68-66 OT
Sat, Dec 20 @Towson              W    67-53
Tue, Dec 23 @Hofstra             W    83-74
Tue, Dec 30 Pennsylvania         W    84-67
Sat, Jan 03 @George Mason        L    70-62 
Wed, Jan 07 Massachusetts        L    71-65 
Sat, Jan 10 George Washington    W    63-50
Wed, Jan 14 @Dayton              L    61-50
Sat, Jan 17 Fordham              W    60-49

In terms of statistics (as of the end of the day Saturday 17-Jan-2015),
  • Win-Loss record
    • URI is 11-5 overall, 3-2 against Atlantic-10 opponents
    • La Salle is 10-8 overall, 2-3 against Atlantic-10 opponents
  • ESPN RPI
    • URI has a RPI rank of 83, with a RPI score of .5562
    • La Salle has a RPI rank of 101, with a RPI score of .5469
  • ESPN's Basketball Power Index
    • URI has a BPI rank of 60, with a BPI of 72.3
    • La Salle has a BPI rank of 93, with a BPI of 65.1
  • Ken Pomeroy
    • URI has a KenPom rank of 69, with AdjO=100.7 and AdjD=91.7
    • La Salle has a KenPom rank of 99, with AdjO of 101.9 and AdjD=95.3
The La Salle roster (with likely starters) is as follows:
  • Hank Davis (5-11 160) Sophomore guard from Cherry Hill, New Jersey. Walk-on.
  • Johnnie Shuler (5-11 170) Freshman guard from Washington, DC. A good 3-point shooter, he is extremely quick with the ball in his hands. A pure point guard in high school, you would think that Shuler would fit well with La Salle’s system, but the young man has just not seen much playing time so far this season.
  • Olajuwon "O.J." Lewis (6-0 175) Junior guard from the DC suburb of Mitchellville, Maryland. Gets double digit minutes in those games that he gets to play in, with his contributions apparently coming more on the defensive end than the offensive side.
  • Amar Stukes (6-2 180) Redshirt freshman guard from Philadelphia, where he attended La Salle College High School. He had ten points (8 in the second half) in the first game of his college careeer, the season opener win against Colgate. Even though he has been starting for La Salle since about the beginning of Atlantic-10 Conference play, he typically has the least minutes of any of the five starters. Stukes is an outstanding defender, and offensively has the ability to penetrate defenses and find open teammates.
  • Khalid Lewis (6-3 185) Redshirt junior guard from Trenton, New Jersey. A transfer from Delaware, he had an injury-plagued, difficult season last year during his first year of eligibility at LaSalle, although he still managed to score seven points against Rhode Island when the two teams last met on 15-Jan-2014. He was one of the Explorers' starters at the beginning of this season, but now comes off the bench to provide great defense and solid play making. As one of the Explorer's point guards, he both takes care of the ball, and is an efficient shooter who can drive and score.
  • Cleon Roberts (6-5 175) Redshirt sophomore guard from Miami, Fla. Transfer from Georgia Southern, he sat out last season. This season, he starts, and is not afraid to take the big shots. As a basketball fan, he is the type of opposing player that you just have to like, even when he is breaking your own team apart. Roberts had a hot hand in the win over GW, in which he tallied 15 points before fouling out. He had 10 points in the La Salle loss at Dayton, and Saturday against Fordham he had 12 points and 6 rebounds.
  • Jordan Price (6-5 220) Redshirt sophomore from Decatur, Georgia. The transfer from Auburn ranks seventh in the Atlantic 10 this season with 16 points per game. He scored 30 points in the 25-November game versus St. Francis Brooklyn. In the La Salle win at Towson, he scored a career high 31 points, hitting 8-for-16 from the field and 12-for-14 from the line. He had a team high 20 points in the win over George Washington, 13 points in the road loss to Dayton, and a team high 15 points in the home win over Fordham.
  • D.J. Peterson (6-6 195) Senior guard from Burnsville, Minnesota; he prepped at Lee Academy (Maine). Typically comes off the bench to get double digit minutes per game.
  • Rohan Brown (6-6 210) Redshirt junior swingman from Hartford, Conn. The eighth man in what is basically a seven man rotation, the under-rated Brown may see more time than usual against Rhody.
  • Yevgen Sakhniuk (6-7 225) Freshman forward from Kiev, Ukraine. A non-player for 2014-2015, as the NCAA has required Sakhniuk to serve a year in residence this season before beginning three years of eligibility.
  • Jerrell Wright (6-8 245) Senior forward from Philadelphia. A solid rebounder, his shooting performance tends to run either hot or cold. He had eight blocks and a team-high 15 points, in the cross-town loss to Temple. In loss to Dayton last Wednesday, he shot 2-of-7 from the field for eight points.
  • Tony Washington (6-10 210) Redshirt freshman forward/center from Detroit; he prepped at The Miller School in Charlottesville, Virginia. He sat out last year to mature and gain some strength. This year, he is competing for game time behind the starting bigmen, seniors Jerrell Wright and Steve Zack, who have been fixtures on the glass for LaSalle this season.
  • Steve Zack (6-11 240) Senior center from New Cumberland, Pennsylvania. Even with the height and weight advantage, it is unclear whether this guy will be able to contain Hassan Martin.

La Salle has been winning with strong backcourt play the last few years, during which Dr Giannini was known to go with a four guard line-up when that matchup gave the Explorers an advantage. This season, the La Salle offense is again guard-oriented, although at times earlier this season that approach degenerated into undisciplined play at both ends of the floor.

Of late, Cleon Roberts and Jordan Price have been La Salle's most consistent scorers. Roberts has scored in double figures in seven straight games, while Price has reached double digits in 11 of the last 12 contests. For the season, Roberts is averaging 14 points per game, and Price averages 12.4 ppg. Roberts is .810 from the foul line, while Price hits from the charity stripe at an impressive .857.

Despite the focus on guard play, La Salle big men Jerrell Wright and Steve Zack make reasonable contributions in the frontcourt. Wright pulls down 6.0 rebounds per game while Zack is averaging 5.8. Wright is second on the team in scoring (12.5 ppg) and Zack chips in 7.9 points per game.

Look - compared to last season, Rhody is arguably the most improved team in the A-10, while this year's La Salle squad has shown the ability to compete but not always to complete. I am not sure I would be making the same prediction if this were a road game in Philly, but for this home game in the Ryan Center I look for Rhody to take advantage of any defensive breakdown by La Salle, and pull away strong from the visiting Explorers. You just can't beat home-cooking.

Go Rhody!
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: Game #17: La Salle University - Thursday 7:00pm

Unread post by TruePoint »

Let's get back on track at the friendly confines.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
neil
Art Stephenson

Unread post by neil »

Please give a well deserved ovation for Pappy Owens. One of the finest individuals to put on a ram uniform.
0 x
Ramtastico
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Ramtastico »

Will be in town and at game! Will say hi to old friend Pappy.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

LaSalle beat GW 63-50 at home. That by itself is enough to not underestimate them.

They have size too, like the Bonnies who are next.

There are NO gimmies on the schedule for quite a while, if indeed there are any at all.

BTW, Bembry was a one man team for St. Joes yesterday. 6-9 on 3's and 27 pts., with the entire Bonnies team focusing on him.

Hate to say this, but I think he's improved more than EC so far this season.
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

No kidding. Bembry was a man possessed.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Neil, unfortunately, 80% of people who read or post on this site,
have no clue about Pappy Owens, or how good he really was.
Unfortunately he deserved better than his stay here.
Played out of position on some really mediocre teams.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

neil wrote:Please give a well deserved ovation for Pappy Owens. One of the finest individuals to put on a ram uniform.

Absolutely
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

rodfromcranston wrote:Neil, unfortunately, 80% of people who read or post on this site,
have no clue about Pappy Owens, or how good he really was.
Unfortunately he deserved better than his stay here.
Played out of position on some really mediocre teams.
Pappy arrived right after I graduated. But I saw him play plenty. I thought he and Upshaw were the beginnings of the next great URI team. And they were good for a while. But Kraft's health and Upshaw's knee quickly changed that. Pappy is definitely one of the best that has played here.
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

neil wrote:Please give a well deserved ovation for Pappy Owens. One of the finest individuals to put on a ram uniform.

Amen to that. He's still my favorite ram. I wish we had him now. (he'd probably play center-anything except his position, the 2).
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

The problem with the Owens-Upshaw team was, besides Roland Huston,
there wasn't much talent around them.
Claude was screwed by admission in recruiting, and everything just ground to
a halt, that Kraft had built.
Pappy came here to play with Sly Williams, who went pro after Pappy signed.
Pappy was our first McDonald's AA, and considered one of the top
players in the country coming out of high school.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Bembry better than EC? Hope not.

The team is in a place where they can lay down or fight. Hope they fight and make the A10 interesting.

!!!****!!!** I know no body said this on here but I saw before that maybe we took those early A10 opponents lightly.....

Is that dumb or is it me??? These guys want the accolades right? Go out there and fill the stat sheet up every night and maybe as a byproduct you will get better.

What's Jared Terrell's high point total?
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

EC numbers will come back, when Jarvis takes over the point for longer stretches.

He has to play off the ball, not be the primary ball handler. That's not his strong suit.

Dan is dead on, when he said JG will become the straw that stirs the drink. I'd hate to think where we would be, without him on the team.

Would love to see both JG and JT find their shot, sooner than later. Sooner, we could still be good this season and be an NIT team.

Later, and it will have to wait a while longer.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Bembry is a different player than EC.
I think Bembry is a better pure shooter, but
doesn't get to the hoop like EC.
As for Garrett, Hurley loves him, and knows Jarvis
has skills that make him a really promising PG.
He was waiting for the right moment to start him.
The more he plays, the better he gets.
Terrell's high so far was 13, and he's had 3 12 point games.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

When Jared gives us 10+ he is that much more of a factor on top of his defense. Loved how he pushed the ball against UMASS.

When Jarvis sliced through UMASS and dropped it off it was just amazing. So much good in the game and then.... The loss.

I like the Jarvis career track to EC I think Disano made? On twitter.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

He needs to be doing that late in games too.

Push the ball. Don't put the ball into the deep freezer in the last few minutes.

We stop attacking the basket, we stop winning.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

We better win, cause if we don't.....I thinks it could get a little ugly around here.....stop the bleeding guys are get it done....
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

It's already getting ugly....

Hopefully we see some positive changes Thursday night.....
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Play a full 40 minutes and we win. Or at least don't just blatantly throw the game away like we did in the last couple of games.
When Jarvis and Jared continue penetrating and actually converting lay ups or getting fouled, that will be nice.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

PRT, don't forget them making outside shots, too. That's something that I would like to see before this season is over, but I'm not so sure it's going to happen.

I do expect their shooting to be considerably better next season.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Yeah definitely. Jarvis has been knocking down some threes lately. JT started to in the last game but got too greedy. He needs to stop shooting all those 15-17 foot jumpers. I feel like he's made about 10 out of 100 of those. Please Jared Terrell just slash in there and go up strong!
You can also hope that they'll only put up a three if it's in rhythm. Same goes for E.C.
Heck against VCU we only shot 2 threes for the first 3/4 of the game and we were great.
Just don't shoot threes guys. Threes are very bad for us.
0 x
Cameron_Dollar
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Cameron_Dollar »

One more note on Pappy Owens. I was a senior at the time it was announced he was coming to URI. Upon hearing the news, I immediately went up to the student union to by Street and Smith to see if there was anything on him. To this day, I have never read or heard a better description. It said, "He shoots jump shots like we breathe." And how right they were!
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

In today's basketball, 3s are the best way to get back into a game,
when behind, and the best way to blow open a game.
Why take away 3s? Makes no sense.
Jared has to take jump shots. That's a big part of his offensive game.
I've seen him miss more layups than jump shots.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

This site and the last two weeks of Rhody hoops has depressed me. With the Patriots in the Super Bowl, I will focus on them and take a bit of a hiatus from URI basketball. In two weeks after the Super Bowl, if Rhody basketball is still relevant, I may get interested again and jump back in. Unfortunately nothing I have seen from URI year to date has me excited enough to really attach myself 100% to the program. Not being an alumnus, I don't have the same connection that many of you that post here do.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

RF1, I'm not an alum. 90% of Notre Dame fans aren't alums. Most PC fans aren't alums.
None of us played for the Red Sox, Pats, Celtics or Bruins.
You don't have to be "connected" to be a loyal fan.
I do get where you're coming from, though. I stopped going to games in CFL's
last two years. It was a road going nowhere.
I would say that this program has come a long way, and still had a ways to go,
to satisfy the peripheral fans, and even some die hards.
Winning cures everything.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Speaking as an alum without you diehard Rhody fans we would be nowhere as a program or as a university.....

It is time for winning.
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

I'm not an alumnus either. I did, however, spend many years using my older sisters friend's college ID cards to get tickets and sit with students. I wonder what % of individuals on this forum, and what % of boosters, attended URI.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I'm an alum, and I'll follow this program to my grave.

But having said that, it tries your patience being a fan of this program.

I'm not a fair weather fan. I followed the Yankees and Giants when they absolutely sucked for many years. Same for URI.

The Yankees and Giants at least, have won titles fairly recently. This URI non-NCAA drought is threatening to become longer than those team's were.

Still, kicking and screaming, as many of you know me on this board, go I. Wherever we end up.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Spent 2 years at Uri, but have been a fan my entire life. I have been a season ticket holder for 4 years now and I was too young to really remember the Harrick years. All I've wanted the past ten years is to watch Uri in the Ncaa Tournament. I'd rather have that then the Pats win the Super Bowl, Soxs win the world series.. My best friend and I promised each other that we will buy tickets the minute our name is called on Selection Sunday. I'm still waiting for that day and I really hope it happens with Ec and Martin still wearing a Rhody uniform.... Go Rhody!
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Nice post steviestuds06.
I agree with you. URI winning in the NCAAs
was way more fun for most of us who were around then,
than anything in any other sport.

Rambone, you could have been a Jets and Mets fan, or a Knicks and Nets fan.
They all have sucked forever, too.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Rod, I can only take so much punishment. :lol:

New York pro sports have been largely a dumpster fire for many years now.

The Rangers have won 1 Stanley Cup in forever, I think 1994 was the last time, and before that it was even longer. Did make the finals last year though.

The Nets? Barf.

The Jets? Good for comic relief. Good thing for Namath and SB 3.

The Mets? The worst baseball team in history for a long while, but they did win 2 WS.

The Knicks? 1969 and 1973 I think. Only 2 NBA titles in a zillion years. This year? Beyond laughable.

The Islanders and Devils? Who gives a shit?
Last edited by rambone 78 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Geez, the Jets haven't won anything since 1969, the Knicks since 1972,
the Nets, since the ABA, the Mets since ahem,,,,1986. The Rangers are
the most recent team, winning the Cup in 1994.
No wonder NY fans hate New England teams.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Rod, until a few years ago, NE sports sucked even worse.

Until 2004, 86 years for Sox fans. My Dad never saw them win a WS in his lifetime, which was a damn shame. He passed away 2 years before they won. A bigger fan of any team, there never was.

Pats? Until 2001, never.

Celtics, one NBA title in a long time. Still, 17 titles ain't bad, if you're old enough to remember some of them.

Bruins, a long drought also.

Of course, lately except for the Celts, they've made up for that and then some.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Better late than never!!!
My late mother was born in 1918, and while she was alive, I used her year of birth
as a marker for Sox futility.
Of course, then there's the Cubs.....
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

"Nice post steviestuds06.
I agree with you. URI winning in the NCAAs
was way more fun for most of us who were around then,
than anything in any other sport"

No doubt Rod, couldn't agree more. Its been so long I almost forget the feeling, but I don't. Hopefully Danny will have us back very soon
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Like I said, the missing piece to the puzzle:

Another NCAA tourney for URI.

Wish I was more patient, but alas.....been way too long.....
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

'78 grad.
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Bill Koch says Earl practice in full today, should be ready for tomorrow's game.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Okay good.

Earl, 15+ minutes tomorrow night. We'll be watching.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote:
Of course, lately except for the Celts, they've made up for that and then some.
I don't really get this. Bruins and Celtics have basically had an identical past decade. Went from irrelevant to champions, back to another final, then a slow decline as their core aged. Celts are just a couple years ahead on the timeline.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Just read back through this thread some. Some of our best posters and best fans of URI are not alums. That is not in any way a qualifier.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Bruins are 25-16-6 and have been to the playoffs every year since
their Stanley Cup winner.They went to the finals two years ago and
the semi-finals last year. FAR better than the Celtics.
The only oldie is Chara.
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Hopefully we get more and more on the bandwagon and fill the Ryan Center on a regular basis. Like Rod had said, Notre Dame is famous for its subway alumni and most PC fans did not attend PC. When I was young, a long time ago, didn't really see Jimmy Walker, but did see the Marvin and Ernie final 4 teams, PC was very good. Many people in my age category liked PC because they were winning at a high level and everyone loves a winner as the saying goes. Also I grew up in the Providence area so that made a difference too. PC is noted for having a relatively older crowd, many of those who began as fans when I was young and the years before have maintained their loyalty to the Friars. My family was mostly PC fans and a few went there. Somehow I escaped to become a Ram fan, perhaps a bit of rebel in me, and then attended URI as well. Although I have certainly had peaks and valleys as a Rhody fan, I am very glad I made the decision at a young age.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I may be a die hard Rhody fan, but the best guard I ever saw play in this state was Jimmy Walker.

He was incredible.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

rodfromcranston wrote:Bruins are 25-16-6 and have been to the playoffs every year since
their Stanley Cup winner.They went to the finals two years ago and
the semi-finals last year. FAR better than the Celtics.
The only oldie is Chara.
Like I said, the Celtics are a few years ahead of the Bruins. About three if I am remembering the Bruins success correctly. Celts won in 07 and went back in 09, conf finals the next year the gradually declined til they were blown up before last season. But that was a 6/7 year run of being a playoff team. Bruins (I think, not a hockey historian) won in 10, went back in 13, seem to be on the decline now and will have to blow it up in a couple years because of their cap situation. I think it is an exact parallel but you're thrown off because they're in different places right now. Bruins now are where celts were in 2011. Window is effectively closed but they will be a tough out in the playoffs as a prideful veteran group with experience winning.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Except for the NBA, it's become more and more of a crap shoot going into the playoffs.

If you can make the playoffs, you can win the whole thing.

Baseball seems to be the best example of that, followed by hockey and football.

Get hot at the right time, you're golden.

A team like the Bruins, could get hot and win the Stanley Cup. Weren't they the favorites going in last year? This year, they won't be. The Rangers almost did that last year.

It didn't happen this year in the NFL, but look at what the Giants did in 2007 and 2011.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

The heart of the Briuns are all in their 20's except for Seidenberg and Chara,
so I have no idea what you're talking about.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Bruins haven't replaced Boychuck or Iginla. That's their biggest problem.
0 x
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

Well, in the true spirit of the La Salle-Rhody game thread…………..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKq8fzK ... freload=10

A BRESSLER PRODUCTION

IN ASSOCIATION WITH EMOTICON ENTERPRISES
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Is this the Rhode Island - LaSalle Game Thread?
0 x