Week #8 – Games of Interest

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Re: Week #8 – Games of Interest

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Sorry junior, but your responses to Red and Rambone were angry
and had zero humor.
So, get off the crack pipe.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Unread post by seanmc94 »

Rod,

I wasnt trying to be funny. My point was that I dont truly believe that Red would cheer for Al Qeda; and even if he did; i dont take offense
0 x
Warning: area protected by guard donkey
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Oh, I think Red would cheer for Charles Manson and his family,
if they were playing PC.
That's Red.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

And Sean's responses to us?

That's just Sean being Sean.

Don't expect anything different.
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Sean is here to show us Pee-C haters the error of our ways and convince us to drop this silly URI nonsense and come to glory that is Pro . . . Provid . . . crap, I can't even say it in jest. Pee-C! Pee-C! Pee-C! Practically College!
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:
bressler3south wrote:PC didn't lose by enough today to make me happy.
If Pee-C were playing Al-Qaeda, you know whom I'd be rooting for.
I just don't understand this line of thinking in years when we're hoping to get an at large tournament bid. In years when that's the case and we lose, like this year, that's called a bad loss and it hurts us. In years when that's the case and we win, that's called a good win, and it helps us. PC losing out hurts us. If you're rooting for URI to be hurt then you clearly hate PC more than you love URI, which is fine I guess, but I don't get it.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I would rather play in the CBI than root for the friars.......
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

So you hate PC more than you love URI.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Let's put it this way: if we went 1-28 but the one win was against Pee-C I'd be happy.

If two kids are on the sidewalk shooting marbles and one of them is wearing a Pee-C hat, I'll stop and root like hell for the other kid.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote:Let's put it this way: if we went 1-28 but the one win was against Pee-C I'd be happy.

If two kids are on the sidewalk shooting marbles and one of them is wearing a Pee-C hat, I'll stop and root like hell for the other kid.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I'm guessing that fans who don't want PC to lose every game are much younger than I am. The history is ugly. Loving URI and hating PC go hand in hand. We just have to keep winning and things will take care of themselves as far as post season aspirations go. If it takes finishing top two in conference, do it. Screw PC!!!!!
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Don't be silly RR02......my love for Rhody is unquestionable and immeasurable.....I actually like Ed Cooley and the friars a bit.....it is their obnoxious fans, many of whom are non-pc-grads and, worse, Rhode Island grads and their extreme hubris that I dislike immensely.....

.....those quixotic friar fans who come to this board to defend all things pc and big east amuse me....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I'm not saying Rhody grads who root for PC don't exist, but it is not that common. As I've said here before, my father and grandfather are URI alums so I was raised as a Rhody fan and am dyed in the wool, but I have several family friends and relatives who are PC grads, boosters and season ticket holders. Two of their children are URI grads, and despite having been raised as Friar fans and going to games all their lives and still generally liking PC, they root for URI when the two teams play.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Losing to PC is a bad loss anytime. I don't care about them in rpi or metrics.

They hit their stride against us. We fed into it. I never want anything good for them.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
bressler3south
Carlton Owens

Unread post by bressler3south »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5H6oo1 ... freload=10

Do you youngsters get it yet?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

A BRESSLER PRODUCTION

IN ASSOCIATION WITH EMOTICON ENTERPRISES

P.S. Gotta love the two Brooklyn paisani, Petrocelli and Pepitone, yappin' at each other…...

P.P.S. Rico's brother, NYPD, on duty at the Stadium that night…..
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

I enjoyed that! I remember the 1967 fight. What you don't see is Reggie Smith picking up
Thad Tillotson and dumping him.
Can't believe the Sox were dumb enough to want Carlton Fisk gone. He was so much a part of the Sox.
I was hoping Pedro flipping Zimmer, and Tek sticking his glove in ARod's face were on that tape.
Tim McCarver was disgusting.
"It's all the fault of the DH", boo! hoo!
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

McCarver was a horse's @ss who had to prove he was smarter than everyone else, and was going to keep talking until he proved it.
0 x
Kingston
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Kingston »

Watched a little of the St Louis GW game on tv last night. Score very close with minimal time left. fouls where 26 to 3 in GW favor makes the URI win on the road look alot better. Kid Yarbough played great. I think St Louis could get better as the season moves on good win to get now.
0 x