As We Prepare to Open the Hurley Era, A Look Back

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

As We Prepare to Open the Hurley Era, A Look Back

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

I had forgotten about this piece written by a contributor to Kyle Whelliston's The Mid-Majority site, recapping the experience (including game-night icy travel from New Haven) of Senior Night 2012 last February - The last time the Rams played a game that counted in the Thomas M. Ryan Center.

As we as Ram Fans prepare to officially open the Hurley Era at 7:30pm Friday in the village of Kingston, we can look back at where we were just months ago and what we now have before us as supporters of this program.

How many of us attended this game out of our love for Rhode Island Basketball? You are the Diehards.

Friday night is the start of something great for Rhody Hoops. With our support, we can help Dan Hurley and crew restore Our Rams to a championship caliber national program! See you there on Friday night!!

http://www.midmajority.com/p/2752
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
bpaz11
Steve Chubin

Re: As We Prepare to Open the Hurley Era, A Look Back

Unread post by bpaz11 »

Thanks for posting that ATP. I had totally forgotten how few people had attended that senior night. The weather really wasn't even that bad. It was more of a slush on the roads not ice. (If it had been ice I would have never gone) So people were showing they were just fed up with everything. My last meaningful game came that Saturday actually as I went up to UMass. I talked my fiance into going up because we had to see Jim Baron's last game as a URI coach. Even though it wasn't official that he wouldn't be coming back I just had a good feeling that something would be done. Thankfully that feeling came true and now we are hopefully headed to greener pastures once again.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

We can really be excited about Rhody hoops again, the CFL error is long gone, we have a real coach now
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Even I, who hadn't missed but 10 Kingston games my entire life, went to 3 reg season games last year. I, like most on this board, am a firm believer that if you want something to change you need to make apparent your disgust in these situations.

If attendance had been like the years before, Baron would still be here, I have no doubt.

Well done to everyone who took a stand and recognized that being a fan doesn't just mean always going rah-rah go rhody, it means that you understand what is good for this team - not an individual coach or player, the team.

Words can't even express how excited I am for Rhody basketball to start. It's like I'm 10 again and ready to see something spectacular.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Well put Blue Man
0 x
URIGONZO
ARD

Unread post by URIGONZO »

This makes me sick, he is saying the same things about building a nucleus and infrastructure that he said when he first arrived at URI. Be warned Canisius fans, be warned.

It makes me smile knowing we have the Hurleys at the helm now.

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dl ... 09316/1004
0 x
From the Standpoint of Sitting Down.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

we should send him a gift..or a ...grifft.

www.poopsenders.com
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Hopefully that's the last time we see a photo of the previous coach on this board.

So many good things ahead of us!!

Is it 7:30 yet!?
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I hate that word infrastructure !!!!!
0 x