Keith Cothran

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Keith Cothran

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

First of all, has anyone heard anything on him lately? Someone recently made a highlight tape of him....some good stuff on there.

0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Re: Keith Cothran

Unread post by ace »

I think he signed with an agent, which probably led to them making the highlight tape.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Some good times there. Cothran was a talented player for sure. I hope he does well overseas.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Loved the footage vs the Tarheels !!
0 x
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

I saw a tweet about him signing some contract and the letters nba were in there, but im assuming that was the agent signing
0 x
Rhody4324
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Rhody4324 »

That team his senior year was a quality club. Begs the question how good it could have been if the Hurleys were at the helm. Definitely a tournament team and maybe a Sweet Sixteen contender.
0 x
Ramblinrose
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Ramblinrose »

If he had been a few inches taller, Keith might have had a shot at the NBA.
0 x
skwalk47
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by skwalk47 »

Him and Ulmer were just instant energy, my favorite tandem.
0 x
URI BS '08 MS '11

NO LONGER waiting on my first NCAA appearance!
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Rhody4324 wrote:That team his senior year was a quality club. Begs the question how good it could have been if the Hurleys were at the helm. Definitely a tournament team and maybe a Sweet Sixteen contender.
That really is the most depressing and true fact that I'm coming to realize. Our players unfortunately did everything on their own, that's why they always played to the level of their opponents. Coaches make you play your style all the time.

Just so excited to see us moving forward. Wish we had beef and ulmer still.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
skwalk47
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by skwalk47 »

Blue Man wrote: That really is the most depressing and true fact that I'm coming to realize. Our players unfortunately did everything on their own, that's why they always played to the level of their opponents. Coaches make you play your style all the time.
When you lose so many close games late year after year you have to put that on the coach.
0 x
URI BS '08 MS '11

NO LONGER waiting on my first NCAA appearance!
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Keith recently was tagged in a picture on Facebook..he was playing professionally in Iceland on October 8, 2012 in the photo.
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

that team and the team his sophomore year with Will Daniels, Seawright, Baron, Cothran, Ulmer, Delroty, etc. I think a few coaches could've made the tourney with that talent. For comparative purposes IMO Its definitely as much if not more talent than Al's early NCAA team with Fox, Cofield, Andre, etc.... and they won a game.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

That was the period where Jim Baron lost me....those teams should have gone to the NCAA tourney.
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Wow.. That was a good lineup

What a buffoon

I still laugh w my buddy who was w me at the quinnipiac game where I waited for baron to walk out for the post game radio interview

It was classic.. He had to walk from the corner and across the court

Then I proceeded to give him the Bronx cheer

So happy we got Hurley.. Time to build a solid foundation this year
0 x
Sweep The Leg
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Sweep The Leg »

I was never a huge fan of Cothran as a player, he was really maddening to watch because he had the potential to play like he did against UNC every night. He played out of control and didn't make smart decisions in about half the games he played. He would play really well one or two games, you think he turned the corner and then he'd disappear or you wish he did. Product of the coaching, probably. I believe he would have been more consistent with better coaching.

That being said, I'm glad he's doing well and playing overseas.
0 x
'No Mercy.'