Jimmy Baron has answered YOUR questions!

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RhodeIslandRams
Jimmy Baron

Jimmy Baron has answered YOUR questions!

Unread post by RhodeIslandRams »

Guys, nice of Jimmy to read your questions and write out answers. I'll be doing a follow-up with him, but this is very cool information, check it out by clicking 'Ram Interviews"

http://rhodeislandrams.com/?page_id=234
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: Jimmy Baron has answered YOUR questions!

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Jimmy is still all class. Big thank you to him and our Ram Fan in Arizona, Jim Parisi, for putting this together!!
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Good stuff, thanks for posting! Jimmy will always be one of my favorites...love the answer to the Duke/Syracuse question. I know I still get angry when thinking about that Duke game, so I can only imagine how he feels.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

That was an outstanding interview

I especially enjoyed his Tyson Wheeler memory and the question about 72's free throw advise
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Jimmy shows a lot of class. Say what you will about his father's coaching abilities, he brought his son up in the right way. Favorite quote:

"I don’t pay attention to the females in these countries, and my fiance appreciates that."

Smart boy!
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Jimmy is still a class act and great representative for URI. I wish all the best.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Rhody74 wrote:Jimmy shows a lot of class. Say what you will about his father's coaching abilities, he brought his son up in the right way. Favorite quote:

"I don’t pay attention to the females in these countries, and my fiance appreciates that."

Smart boy!
That's not for show either, that's how he's always been. Class act of a kid, stand-up guy.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Fantastic that BAR's question about R72's FT advice made it in.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Some really good questions sent Jimmy's way and wonderful how he provided well thought out answers.
One of the best basketball players we have had at Kingston. Class Act. Made the most of his god given abilities. Practiced, preacticed and practiced some more. Kids like this make their fathers proud and make good fathers themselves later on in life.
Couldn't be prouder of this guy.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

It was interesting to note that Jimmy's response to the question about 72's advice indicated that he never got the advice....imagine how much better his career percentage would have been had he gotten that advice.
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Agreed: class act. I respect some fans decision to stay away from the RC because they didn't like the direction of the program, but I just couldn't miss a game with Jimmy playing. Every night he was a threat to score 30 or more. Or hit a 3 from the CVS logo.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

That Long Ball youtube video Jimmy put together has a few of his deep bombs from the CVS logo.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund