GoLocalProv: Nicola Malesevic Video Interview with Cordischi

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

GoLocalProv: Nicola Malesevic Video Interview with Cordischi

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Rhody Senior, Nicola Malesevic, talks about his time in Kingston and the upcoming season under Dan and Bobby Hurley.

http://www.golocalprov.com/sports/uris- ... w-leaders/
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Re: GoLocalProv: Nicola Malesevic Video Interview with Cordi

Unread post by Blue Man »

Great interview. GLP is by far the best sports reporting in the state, especially for Rhody Hoops.

Nik is awesome, I think he needed someone like the Hurleys to push him, and it wasn't going to happen under the old administration. Love the punching bag in the locker room.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Scoring may be at a premiun, and Nik and Malone need to provide scoring, along with Munford.
Could be a big year for Nik.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

rodfromcranston wrote:Scoring may be at a premiun, and Nik and Malone need to provide scoring, along with Munford.
Could be a big year for Nik.
Nik still looked like he was struggling with his shot at Madness. Maybe he was having an off night. He has put on a little bulk since his sophomore season too. Somtimes adding bulk is not a good thing for an outside shooter. I still think he'll have a good year. Hr says he's working his butt off so he has no regrets for his senior season. Hopefully he'll be one of the leaders. I'm curious to see who will step up and assume a leadership role.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Pete Maravich and Joe Hassett had macaroni bodies, but were limber enough to get shots off.
Upper body bulk might interfere with form.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

rodfromcranston wrote:Pete Maravich and Joe Hassett had macaroni bodies, but were limber enough to get shots off.
Exactly my point. I mean, Nik is not a body builder by any means. But, he definitely added upper body bulk since his sophomore year, when he was a great outside shooter. Wasn't he near the top in 3 pt.% in the country that year. His shot hasn't seemed the same since.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

rodfromcranston wrote:Pete Maravich and Joe Hassett had macaroni bodies, but were limber enough to get shots off.
A very good point. Look at Richmond. He hit the weights hard that offseason and came back awful.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I am not a fan of shooters lifting too much during the season. I think it could throw off their shot
0 x