Bobby Hurley Article in Sunday's PROJO

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Bobby Hurley Article in Sunday's PROJO

Unread post by ramster »

Good article today in the Projo by Bill Reynold's on Bobby Hurley's past and present.

Also in today's projo the results of the Mal Brown Scrimmage at PC - surprising that only 1000 attended but then I am not sure what past attendance numbers have been for this.
URI needs to do publicized scrimmages like this.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: Bobby Hurley Article in Sunday's PROJO

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Can someone pls post direct link to it in the projo newspaper viewer thing?
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
URI96
ARD

Unread post by URI96 »

Dan tweeted it earlier

0 x
Like soldiers on a Winter's night with a vow to DEFEND, no retreat baby, no surrender.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ATPTourFan wrote:Can someone pls post direct link to it in the projo newspaper viewer thing?
You either have to live in Rhode Island and get the Projo delivered to your home or you have to pay for the Projo E Edition. Projo stopped free access to the E Edition maybe a year ago or so.

That is why I could not post a link, otherwise would have
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I read it through the tweet from Hurley earlier today without any subscription.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Looks like Bunky rad Miracle of St. Anthony. Required reading for all Ram fans.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

adam914 wrote:I read it through the tweet from Hurley earlier today without any subscription.
Exactly. They allow direct linking to the articles this way. If you are in the projo's digital reader application, you can double click on any article to isolate it. Then within its little pop-up window, click the sharing control in top right corner and select any of the sharing options, including "copy link to clipboard". Any copied link can be shared here.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Noticed that Bill Reynolds didn't catch the nuance of Bobby's Associate Head Coach title, as opposed to "Assistant".

He ain't yer typical assistant, ya hear, Bill?!

I will be reading Miracle between now and the Coast Guard game. Shame on me for not reading it sooner.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

First time I've heard Bobby talk about running his own program some day. Not surprised but, like I said, I hadn't heard him say it before.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

It's definitely his goal, and he's spoken about it in the past, which was why a lot of people close to the situation were surprised that he didn't stay at Wagner.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

If Dan does leave here someday, and by that time Bobby does want his own program, maybe Bobby stays here?
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Billyboy78 wrote:If Dan does leave here someday, and by that time Bobby does want his own program, maybe Bobby stays here?
Yeah maybe, but I think Bobby will want his own program sooner than Dan wants to leave. Just my hunch, but we shall see.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

I dunno if Bobby would be ready to take a program at the URI level as his first head coaching gig. I think he came to Rhody because he and his brother did not accomplish enough at Wagner to raise his stock to the level where non-Wagner level jobs would open for him.

So I think he'd only leave "early" if Dan gets this program to some great NCAA Tournament seasons, then all the spotlight is on this outstanding staff with Bobby as the #1 man behind Dan.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

We had Jerry D take over a team with three straight NCAAs, an Elite 8 and an A-10 Championship.
I'd take Bobby any day of the week, if the time comes that Dan leaves.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I honestly feel like this will be Dan's program. I see him as URI's next Keaney, Calhoun, Boeheim, what have you. I'm probably waxing poetic, but see him building and staying. I think he's good enough to make us a legit powerhouse and accomplish everything he wants to here.

I think Bobby is the one who moves on, if and when he's ready. (I obviously hope he stays for a while).
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Fantastic article by Billy Reynolds
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: Bobby Hurley Article in Sunday's PR

Unread post by ramster »

Nm
Last edited by ramster 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
TulaneGradRamFan
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by TulaneGradRamFan »

URI96 wrote: 11 years ago Dan tweeted it earlier

That link no longer works.

I wonder if the articles can be cut and pasted directly into a post. As long as the poster doing it credits the paper and the writer, it shouldn't be a problem.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

TulaneGradRamFan wrote: 4 years ago That link no longer works.

I wonder if the articles can be cut and pasted directly into a post. As long as the poster doing it credits the paper and the writer, it shouldn't be a problem.
That... is not how copyright works. Is it this one? Otherwise, it appears that they didn't ever put it online. If you have access to the ePaper, you can probably go back to the paper for that day - it looks like Dan was posting the link from the internal ePaper, and not something on the actual Projo website. You could also try emailing the sports editor at the Projo, and ask him to get it on the site.
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

SGreenwell wrote: 4 years ago
TulaneGradRamFan wrote: 4 years ago That link no longer works.

That... is not how copyright works. Is it this one? Otherwise, it appears that they didn't ever put it online. If you have access to the ePaper, you can probably go back to the paper for that day - it looks like Dan was posting the link from the internal ePaper, and not something on the actual Projo website. You could also try emailing the sports editor at the Projo, and ask him to get it on the site.
SG, the link you provided is a 2015 article. This original thread is from 7 years ago, the Providence Pamphlet no longer has it on their site.
0 x