Yahoo! Sports: Ex-Xavier Captain Steve Wolf talks A10

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Yahoo! Sports: Ex-Xavier Captain Steve Wolf talks A10

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

You probably recognize Steve Wolf most recently from the CBS Sports Network, as he provides color on many of the A10 games shown there. He spoke to Yahoo! Sports to break down the upcoming new-look A10 conference.

URI is named as Steve's sleeper team:

Yahoo! Sports: When you look at the rest of the league, is there a sleeper team you could see surprising everybody and cracking that top six?

Steve Wolf: Out of the rest of the teams, I'm interested to see what Rhode Island will do. Rhode Island fell off the tracks last year. They weren't as bad as they played, but they had so much dissension, so many problems. Everyone knew [Jim] Baron was gone, but now they've got Dan Hurley in there and I love what he did at Wagner. You've got a coach who teaches fundamentals, you've got a guy, [Nikola] Malesevic, who's a good shooter, Ryan Brooks is a senior and is ready to play. So I think Rhode Island could be a sleeper. The other one may be La Salle. I liked them at the end of last season. They have a great point guard in [Tyreek] Duren. So I would say it's a pick'em between Rhode Island and La Salle.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the ... ncaab.html
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
domination122
Frenchy Tomlin

Re: Yahoo! Sports: Ex-Xavier Captain Steve Wolf talks A10

Unread post by domination122 »

Love it. Honestly if everything goes right, and thats a big if, I think this years team can be a bit better than people are expecting
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Thank you Steve Wolf !!!
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Nice to know some of us aren't alone in our optimism.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
URIGONZO
ARD

Unread post by URIGONZO »

Consider me having already drunk the Kool-Aid
0 x
From the Standpoint of Sitting Down.