URI Away Games

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

URI Away Games

Unread post by Blue Man »

I know that URI usually puts a trip together for the road UMASS game and Fordham - are there any other games people are excited to make a trip for?

Excluding the Mohegan games and the PC game of course.

I'm thinking I might make a trip to Indy to see the Butler game. Shouldn't be too heavy on the wallet, 4pm means easy travel home for the super bowl, and Hinkle looks like it'd be a good time.

Just to refresh:

11/12 @VT
11/25 @Auburn
12/27 @St Marys
1/9 @ Richmond
1/19 @ St Louis
1/26 @ Fordham
2/2 @ Butler
2/4 @ UMASS
2/16 @ Duquesne
3/2 @ Temple
3/6 @ St. Joes
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Section104
Art Stephenson

Re: URI Away Games

Unread post by Section104 »

I'll be at the Butler game since I'm a Chicago resident...looking forward to it!
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Temple and St. Joe's are home games for me.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I wish URI and UMass played each other twice every other year at each other's building, and then in the off year they played at the Garden. The Fordham game was always my game when I was living in New York. Really liked going to games at Rose Hill.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
RamInLA
Michael Andersen

Unread post by RamInLA »

I would be going to the St. Mary's game but of course it had to be during my Christmas vacation. I'll be swapping coasts with the team. Figures.
0 x
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

anyone know when the PC tickets will be available, i tried the other day but came up empty handed.
0 x
Issac
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Issac »

Ticket availability for PC games to the general public will not be made until well after November 1. Prior to that date special ticket requests for the PC and Hall of Fame games are filled by URI based on priority point rank. Availability of tickets for PC will be tight, not as bad for Ohio State and Seton Hall/Washington, so if you are not a donor your best bet will be to go through the PC ticket office.

If you want very good seats at any URI game, home and away, then the best bet is to become a donor and move up on priority points through time.
0 x
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by BFC »

PC is only selling the URI game as part of a mini-game package at this point, I don't think they've set a date to start selling it as an individual game.
0 x
jmck
Lamar Odom

Unread post by jmck »

i enjoy most of the away games that are within driving distance. except for uconn and peecee, the seats i get are always better than what is available to me at the ryan center. i love when they play at northeastern, i sit front row and head over to the omni parker house for a piece of the best boston creme pie in the world and have a nightcap or two.
0 x
Issac
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Issac »

I have done the same, jmck. But if you want a good seat to a conference away game or a top OOC game like Kansas and Duke or VT and the HOF games, you have go through URI and that's when priority points count.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

jmck wrote:i enjoy most of the away games that are within driving distance. except for uconn and peecee, the seats i get are always better than what is available to me at the ryan center. i love when they play at northeastern, i sit front row and head over to the omni parker house for a piece of the best boston creme pie in the world and have a nightcap or two.
I love the Boston games..I hit up the sail loft for chowder though...best in new england!
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
RamDownSouth
Jim Eitner

Unread post by RamDownSouth »

Live in Atlanta, definitely going to the game at Auburn this year. Hopefully we'll rally a few folks from here to make the trip. We suffered through the dismal performance at Georgia State last year. Better times ahead. Go Rhody!
0 x