Geno Auriemma

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Re: Geno Auriemma

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Women pass the ball more.
Dianna Taurasi is one tough woman, physically and mentally, and if anyone
could make it in the NBA, it would have been her.
Plus, she's as big as some NBA guards.
Griner is a 6'8" center, so she'd get destroyed.
Beside, she's a man, man!
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

EasyEdBrown wrote:It's that true? I mean, do women's teams shoot better, or turn the ball over less, or anything like that?

I mean, I hear it mentioned a bit, but I've never really seen anything beyond anecdotal that this is a true statement, and I watch a fair amount of women's basketball.
Right, I see more really ugly shot technique on these top women's teams and there's a LOT of carrying of the basketball, and not just when setting up an explosive drive to the hoop. I dunno, sure they pass the ball more, but who knows.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Lets not forget all the time spent falling over and fumbling around on the floor.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

They are pretty fundamentally sound but I am not a fan of the womens game, I like to watch hoop played above the rim
0 x
Rammgr
Jeff Kent

Unread post by Rammgr »

I don't believe the women's game is played with the same size ball as the ment. That would make a big difference for for someone trying to transition to the NBA. Not to mention the size of the players themselves. Griner could never even be in the hunt to make an NBA team.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Brittney Griner couldn't play in a good boys high school league. Please shut up about her playing in the NBA. It is an absurdly stupid conversation.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Women aren't any more fundamentally sound, as most people who follow women's HS or college basketball would tell you. I think that's primarily an illusion because the athleticism is more standardized. There aren't as many dunks and people who can play above the rim, and there are tons of missed layups because players lack the leaping ability to get separation from a defender for a completely open look or layup.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

This definition of "fundamentals" is surprising to me. I don't think that word means what you think it means.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL