GoLocalProv: Chat with Dan Hurley Today (no Rutgers talk)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Re: GoLocalProv: Chat with Dan Hurley Today (no Rutgers talk

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

I don't believe Rooke said that Hurley would never go to URI. I believe he said he would be surprised that URI would want to invest in a guy that wasn't long for the job (and he specifically referenced Seton Hall who was battling with Coach Willard at the time). Believe it or not, there is a difference.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Rooke is pretty typical of both the type of person whose media career leads him to Rhode Island and the type of non-alum that roots for Providence. Neither of those things are compliments.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

It was KMac who said we had no chance.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
seanmc94
Tom Garrick

Unread post by seanmc94 »

So if you are wrong, you are an idiot? Well I guess we are all idiots at ne time or another.
For the record, he stated that he didn't think PC should play at the RC.
0 x
Warning: area protected by guard donkey
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

rjsuperfly66 wrote:I don't believe Rooke said that Hurley would never go to URI. I believe he said he would be surprised that URI would want to invest in a guy that wasn't long for the job (and he specifically referenced Seton Hall who was battling with Coach Willard at the time). Believe it or not, there is a difference.

Rooke said on his Saturday radio show last year (the week after Baron was fired) that Hurley was waiting for the Rutgers or SHU job to open up and he had no interest in URI and there was no chance he would come to Kingston.

This is not an anti PC thing on my part. I like Rooke's play by play partner Joe Hassett who actually played for the Friars. Hassett is far more objective when it comes to Rhody. John rooke inserts his opinion and tries to pass it off as fact. He is a pompous idiot.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Say it aint so Johnny Rooke !!!
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

RF1 wrote:
rjsuperfly66 wrote:I don't believe Rooke said that Hurley would never go to URI. I believe he said he would be surprised that URI would want to invest in a guy that wasn't long for the job (and he specifically referenced Seton Hall who was battling with Coach Willard at the time). Believe it or not, there is a difference.

Rooke said on his Saturday radio show last year (the week after Baron was fired) that Hurley was waiting for the Rutgers or SHU job to open up and he had no interest in URI and there was no chance he would come to Kingston.

This is not an anti PC thing on my part. I like Rooke's play by play partner Joe Hassett who actually played for the Friars. Hassett is far more objective when it comes to Rhody. John rooke inserts his opinion and tries to pass it off as fact. He is a pompous idiot.
I agree on Hassett. And on Rooke.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

It's funny that Bob Knight is getting crushed for refusing to talk about Mike Rice when every other coach in the country that has had a microphone put in his face since Tuesday has given their two cents. There is only one other coach that I know of that has refused to comment (there could me more that I'm not aware of). I know they obviously have VERY different reasons for not commenting, but still.
0 x