Ryan Center In-Game Experience - Issues and Upgrades

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Billyboy78
Ernie Calverley

Re: Ryan Center In-Game Experience - Issues and Upgrades

Postby Billyboy78 » 2 weeks ago

Iggy1979 wrote:I have brought some of the board's concerns to the athletic department and will have their responses on this week's podcast.

Look forward to their responses. Hopefully they're all positive.
1 x

ramster
Ernie Calverley

Postby ramster » 2 weeks ago

It's all relative...........
We complain about parking but how would you like to be this guy at the PC - Georgetown Game

and got to love the comment from the tow truck driver

"When I saw it, I was filled with shock, anger, annoyance -- I don't know what to tell you," said Baris. "What I can tell you is that my tow truck driver told me that I was his fourth car last night that he picked up [with its wheels stripped].
http://www.golocalprov.com/news/new-pc- ... en-off-car
1 x

wpbrown8267
Jeff Kent

Postby wpbrown8267 » 2 weeks ago

did someone post that last game the Rhody pubs had Whalers Rise as an option?

Also, does anyone know which pub is having the alumni event? North or South? I guess I can find out when i get there tomorrow just seeing if anyone had an idea

Thanks
0 x

Iggy1979
Carlton Owens

Postby Iggy1979 » 2 weeks ago

The Fan, the Frog and the Reporter brought your concerns to the URI athletic department. Here's the response:

0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."

603RunninRams
Jim Eitner

Postby 603RunninRams » 2 weeks ago

Do doors typically open an hour before tip? If someone could let me know that would be outstanding. I want to get into the Rhody Pub asap after the long drive down from NH and need to plan my timing!
1 x
URI '08
A10 CHAMPS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Billyboy78
Ernie Calverley

Postby Billyboy78 » 2 weeks ago

603RunninRams wrote:Do doors typically open an hour before tip? If someone could let me know that would be outstanding. I want to get into the Rhody Pub asap after the long drive down from NH and need to plan my timing!

Yes. 1 hour. I believe the lobby opens 90 minutes before tip, but the turnstiles begin 1 hour before.
0 x

Gunboat
Frenchy Tomlin

Postby Gunboat » 2 weeks ago

Do the pubs open an hour before the game?
0 x

Rhody74
Carlton Owens

Postby Rhody74 » 2 weeks ago

Gunboat wrote:Do the pubs open an hour before the game?

Yes they do. We were ata concession nearby 45 min before tipoff and the pub was open with no lines.
1 x
“What comes next is going to be big, and it’s going to be beautiful.”

RhowdyRam02
Sly Williams

Postby RhowdyRam02 » 2 weeks ago

wpbrown8267 wrote:Also, does anyone know which pub is having the alumni event? North or South? I guess I can find out when i get there tomorrow just seeing if anyone had an idea

Thanks

The alumni event will be in the north pub
1 x
“We’re going to get better in the future. Coach Hurley’s history speaks for itself. I came here because I wanted to be part of his program, to help get things rolling, to help build a program," E.C. Matthews

ramster
Ernie Calverley

Postby ramster » 2 weeks ago

Billyboy78 wrote:
603RunninRams wrote:Do doors typically open an hour before tip? If someone could let me know that would be outstanding. I want to get into the Rhody Pub asap after the long drive down from NH and need to plan my timing!

Yes. 1 hour. I believe the lobby opens 90 minutes before tip, but the turnstiles begin 1 hour before.

Exactly.
The only game the turnstiles open 90 minutes before game time is for the PC game which is every other year at URI.
The Lobby opens 90 minutes before but lately the lobby has been filling up (very unusual but having the highest ranked RPI and Top 25 AP ranking in regular season history is causing big crowds) and they have been opening the turnstiles a bit earlier than the normal 60 minutes. You can also go in the store to shop 90 minutes before the game which is nice - then come out and go in the turnstiles at the 60 minute mark - as opposed to just standing in the lobby.
0 x

theblueram
Carlton Owens

Postby theblueram » 2 weeks ago

Any word on when we get our mascot back?
0 x

Return to “NCAAs or Bust!”