Transfers

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Re: Transfers

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

One of the reasons Tyson may have not been so comfortable at URI
as a freshman, was the presence of PG Sean Colson.
Colson transferred to UNCC and may have been a better player overall
than Tyson.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
BFC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by BFC »

Alex Kline ‏@TheRecruitScoop
Rutgers transfer Eli Carter is down to Florida & Maryland, with a visit to Florida setup for Sunday.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Ramblinrose wrote:I recall that UCONN made a late run at Tyson but he was already committed to Al Skinner. I also remember that Tyson didn't like URI at first and many thought he would stay a year and transfer. Fortunately it all worked out great.
The coaching staff agreed to meet with Tyson and his father but they never offered.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

rodfromcranston wrote:One of the reasons Tyson may have not been so comfortable at URI
as a freshman, was the presence of PG Sean Colson.
Colson transferred to UNCC and may have been a better player overall
than Tyson.
Colson was trouble and the coaches were happy to see him go
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Alex Kline ‏@TheRecruitScoop 8s
Florida lands a commitment from Rutgers transfer Eli Carter, according to @JonRothstein.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

Poor Rutgers. I guess they're going to have to be content with being the farm team for the Patriots.
0 x
15 Year Lurker
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by 15 Year Lurker »

I'm thinking if Baylor came back from what they came back from there is always a chance for Rutgers...then again they're Rutgers.
0 x
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

Being in the Big10 will do wonders for Rutgers athletics.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

They will be a bottom feeder in the B1G, just like they were in the Big East. The only difference is that they could be somewhat competitive in football in the Big East because there we no stellar programs after Miami left. In the B1G they may be able to squeak into the top half of the league in good years.

They will have a lot more money, though. So if that is your criteria you may be right.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Julian DeBose is leaving Rice. Originally from D.C. Fits a need: 6-4 SG. Wonder if he's friends with Reischel.
0 x