What would YOU like to ask Coach Hurley?

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RhodeIslandRams
Jimmy Baron

What would YOU like to ask Coach Hurley?

Unread post by RhodeIslandRams »

Hey anyone with a specific question you'd like me to consider when interviewing our coach late Wednesday, please let me know, taking suggestions on our site:

http://rhodeislandrams.com/?page_id=234 ... ow-that-is

Sure, I'm dragging you to our new website, but worth it right! Go Rams!

(oh, new name here...on the old board I was AZrhodyblue)
0 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Re: What would YOU like to ask Coach Hurley?

Unread post by Running Ram »

Perfect AZ! thanks for asking us...As a non-basketball query, I've heard him speak about it in small bits, can you ask Coach to compare/contrast RI with NJ and to speculate as to why their seems to be a connection between the two (though I don't know for fact that a connection is recognized by most), I'm interested to get his early feelings on RI and if so far the pro's of his new community are easing his family's transition...As a program related question, I'm currently most interested in Oneykaba's eligibility status for this season. If you could ask him what kind of odds we're looking at, his confidence level on whether its likely to happen, it would be great. Thanks Rhody Bro!!
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
jro44
Abdul Fox

Unread post by jro44 »

Good thoughts RR. I am curious to see what his Def and Off philosophies are. Having watched too many years of dribble the shot clock down and take a stupid 3 I would love to see true offensive sets and a Def that actually pressures the ball and plays solid help D. I know we can anticipate some high tempo but I would still like to get an idea of a system.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Ask him if he could see himself doing what his father did and making this place truly his own. As in, if you have to get on your knees and beg him to tell you he'll be here when my kids are in school at URI, do it.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Awesome, Blue Man.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

Blue, your suggestion is great and funny.
And I love your signature.

I thank everyone here who bashed me with the notion that winning 20, but failing our goal year in and year out just ain't cuttin it...

I don't know if everybody caught it, but Hurley, I think it might have been with Cordishi, mentioned becoming champions, I don't think he was talking A10. I honestly believe, the Hurleys feel they can elevate a program like Rhody to compete with and beat the best teams in the country.

Maybe AZ, can ask Coach if he can foresee Rhody playing for a national championship under their guidance some day...
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

I, too, would like to know more about his offensive and defensive systems.
Also, he raves about his coaching staff; would like to know what each brings to the table and how he has divided responsibility among them.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
RamInLA
Michael Andersen

Unread post by RamInLA »

Blue Man's question no doubt. It's always tough to talk about $ but if you can find a polite way to ask, I'd love to know what the odds are of the Hurley's leaving town as soon as a bigger program with more resources comes calling.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

What type of rotation does he like to use...in other words, how deep does he like to go with his bench?
0 x
GandysFantasy
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by GandysFantasy »

Does anyone expect an honest answer from Hurley if asked - what are the odds you leave town if Seton Hall or St Johns comes calling.

What coach would ever say..."well, this URI gig is good, but I have my sights set on a NYC gig...."

C'mon now.....you wont ever get an honest answer from a coach, especially one who was recently hired at URI and thus far done nothing but provide hope. A coach would sabotage his recruitng if he ever answered this question honestly.

Here's my question: What is the dynamic like between you and Bobby? For years Bobby was the more famous, decorated brother....NCAA titles, legendary point guard, NBA....and you were mostly in his shadow. Did it ever feel strange when you became Bobby's boss?
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

I learned a lot about the dynamic between the Hurley brothers after watching that GoLocalProv interview with Bobby. He echoed all the same key messages Dan spoke about in his own interview.

I think they are both very aligned with how to run the operation, each understanding his own role as well. I never really got the feeling that there was this kind of dedication and alignment with the mix-and-match coaching staffs we saw over the last decade.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund