Mayweather-Mcgregor

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Mayweather-Mcgregor

Unread post by theblueram »

Anybody have a free stream site for this?
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Re: Mayweather-Mcgregor

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

First row sports
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Quite the fight, great for the sport of boxing. Wanted to see Mcgregor win. Rocky still has the most legit record. Faced all true boxers. But mayweather is a legend himself.
0 x
GO RAMS
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Fans got their money's worth. Floyd is 40, not what he was, but good enough....there was no doubt who would win after the first couple of rounds, and nobody got hurt.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

This should count as an exhibition, not a real fight.
Just a farce.
Mayweather rips off the public again, for big money.
Waited til Pacquiao was past his prime to fight him.
Pac hid a shoulder injury, to boot.
Sadly, this has taken away from the focus of a truly great
fight coming in a few weeks. GGG-Canelo.
THAT will be a fight worth paying to see.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Agreed, Rod. Can't wait for GGG-Canelo. Canelo is my guy so I am hoping he can get it done. That'll be a war.

I actually think this McGregor-Mayweather fight was horrible for boxing. It made it look like some dude who has never boxed in his life could get in the ring and last 10 rounds with a guy who is supposedly one of the best boxers ever.
1 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

adam914 wrote:Agreed, Rod. Can't wait for GGG-Canelo. Canelo is my guy so I am hoping he can get it done. That'll be a war.

I actually think this McGregor-Mayweather fight was horrible for boxing. It made it look like some dude who has never boxed in his life could get in the ring and last 10 rounds with a guy who is supposedly one of the best boxers ever.
I was shocked McGregor hung in that long; I thought Mayweather was going to break from his normal tactics and just beat the crap out of him early. Didn't happen that way, and given the payday McGregor got, I imagine he might try his hand at boxing a couple more times.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

With all the hand-wringing about concussions in sports these days you have to wonder about boxing and MMA sports.

Looking at it as a non-fan of the genre....I think it should not be a sport....I know I am a voice in the sports-fan wilderness on this...
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Ramulous wrote:With all the hand-wringing about concussions in sports these days you have to wonder about boxing and MMA sports.

Looking at it as a non-fan of the genre....I think it should not be a sport....I know I am a voice in the sports-fan wilderness on this...
IIRC, and oddly, I think boxers have less damaged brains than football players. Still not great when you compare the damage to the more non-contact sports, but I think why football gets the attention (besides being the most popular sport) is that the velocity of the head whiplash can be greater, and players are accumulating tons of hits in practice and from a young age. For example, Mayweather is 40, but he's "only" fought 50 times; Tom Brady is also 40, and he has 237 games started in the pros. And of course, mileage can vary greatly depending on the style of the fighter, and when he fought.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

adam914 wrote:Agreed, Rod. Can't wait for GGG-Canelo. Canelo is my guy so I am hoping he can get it done. That'll be a war.

Ha! Ha!
I'm a big fan of GGG.
He's funny, and smiles all the time, outside the ring.
Once in, he's as big a puncher as I've seen.
My only concern is, he hasn't looked as devistating
in his last two fights as he usually does.
Age? Some boxers get old fast.
We'll see.
Canelo went 10 rounds with Mayweather and didn't
take one round.]
GGG can also box as well as punch.
Canelo has been great at beating smaller guys.(not counting the bum
Chavez).
GGG will be the bigger man in this fight.
Could be a Hagler-Hearns slugfest.
Should be interesting.
Have you seen Lomanchenko?
He may be the best pound for pound fighter in the world.
He's caught in a weight class that doesn't afford him
top opponents, much like GGG is in his weight class.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Floyd wanted that fight to go 10 rounds or so. He knew the Pac fight was a ripoff.

It was good theater, no more, no less.

They don't call him "money" for nothing.
2 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

rodfromcranston wrote:

Ha! Ha!
I'm a big fan of GGG.
He's funny, and smiles all the time, outside the ring.
Once in, he's as big a puncher as I've seen.
My only concern is, he hasn't looked as devistating
in his last two fights as he usually does.
Age? Some boxers get old fast.
We'll see.
Canelo went 10 rounds with Mayweather and didn't
take one round.]
GGG can also box as well as punch.
Canelo has been great at beating smaller guys.(not counting the bum
Chavez).
GGG will be the bigger man in this fight.
Could be a Hagler-Hearns slugfest.
Should be interesting.
Have you seen Lomanchenko?
He may be the best pound for pound fighter in the world.
He's caught in a weight class that doesn't afford him
top opponents, much like GGG is in his weight class.
It will be interesting for sure. I do love GGG as well, just have always been a big Canelo fan. He trains not too far from me here out here so I have just always kind of followed him closely.

And yeah, Lomachenko is great to. Love watching his fights. It's funny, there is always so much talk about how bad boxing is now, and it definitely is way worse than it has ever been, but if you follow some on the non-PPV fights where guys are still trying to climb the ladder and not just in for the pay day there are still a lot of great fights out there. Most people would never even tune in to a Lomachenko fight but his fights are a million times more entertaining than any PPV fight in a long time.
1 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

All that violence....all those shots to the head......too traumatic for me.....reminds me of my first 4 marriages....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Boxing is a lot easier to watch then MMa. Glad that people are talking about the sport again. Pumped for Ggg fight.
1 x
GO RAMS
EGram
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EGram »

GGG Vs Canelo was a Robbery....

I hate to say it but teddy atlas is right is was simply corruption and the "money fight" nonsense .. NSCAC would not allow golden goose Canelo to be cooked by an eastern European with little commercial appeal.

BTW would any be interested in an MMA thread?
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Like I said earlier, I am about the biggest Canelo guy around, but yeah I was shocked. GGG won the fight. But the second they announced the judges last night I said to everyone at my place watching, "Uh oh Adelaide Byrd is judging, get ready for a wacky decision one way or another". Happens every time with her. It's unfortunate, and this is a big reason why people hate boxing so much right now. All that said, it was a great fight to watch.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Boxing is a sham.
GGG won the fight. Alvarez backed up all night long.
As Atlas said, it was the ocean vs. a log.
Coupled with the atrocious decision, the HBO crew
were slanting everything towards Alvarez, all night,
especially the obnoxious gasbag, Max Kellerman.
As Atlas said post fight, "follow the money".
Alvarez has all the big boxing money behind him, pumping the big
Mexican market for PPVs.
GGG? He's a guy from Khazakstan.
He does have a great personality, but Alvarez is the guy in commercials,
with big sponsorships.
I told my daughter, "If it goes to the cards, Alvarez wins, like Andre Ward stole
the first fight with Kovalev."
Eastern Euro fighters have to win by KO, or they get screwed.
What a shameful rip-off!
Now GGG will be 36 plus years when they fight again.
More manipulation favoring Alvarez.
0 x
EGram
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EGram »

MMA is just as bad if not worse.

Look at the recent Werdum vs Overreem fight. First two rounds are both very cose, boring rounds.3rd round Werdum dominates and only failed to finish because he bizarrely took down Reem who was nearly out on his feet by that point. MMA/Boxing needs a new scoring system.

As mad as GGG or Werdum ect.. must be by getting screwed by a dec I have rarely wanted someone to a win a fight more then Daniel Cormier vs Jon Jones. When Jones landed that kick i was screaming a the at the. TV for DC to get his mind unfogged.

For me Cormier is the best clean LHW of all time. Period

His win Gustafsson is an all time classic, He beat Rumble Johnson 2x fairly easily despite the fact rumble was Violently KOing everyone else put in front of him. Strikeforce HW GP champ. beat mega roided up Bigfoot Silva in his prime, Noted Mega roider Josh Barnett.... Only started MMA at age 30 so he could wrestle in the Olympics.

Yet, what everyone is gonna remember now is is fights vs Bones Jones. Despite Jones pissing hot before TWO of them (Actually 3 but Cocaine apparently didn't count) Considering USADA testing was not in place back then i would hardly be surprised if JBJ was roided for that fight either.

Just look at Cormiers postfight interview and tell me you've ever see a guy more devastated from a loss.

IMO, Jones knew after his lackluster win vs OSP he had no shot vs DC clean. So he cheated. To me, he is worse then A-rod, Worse then Bonds, perhaps the worse Steroid cheat of all time.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

I don't follow any so-called sports where the judges have to tell me who won......
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

EGram wrote:GGG Vs Canelo was a Robbery....

I hate to say it but teddy atlas is right is was simply corruption and the "money fight" nonsense .. NSCAC would not allow golden goose Canelo to be cooked by an eastern European with little commercial appeal.

BTW would any be interested in an MMA thread?
If you're interested in starting a thread, you should. If people are interested they'll participate, but it's probably best for someone interested to get the ball rolling
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines