Re: NY Giants

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

LET'S GO BUCS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Not to be....the Bucs aren't ready for prime time....fell apart late.....

Giants are about 95% in......will likely play either the Lions again, or the Packers in the 1st round....the Packers were very lucky to win their game yesterday......

Don't need to see the Seahawks at their place....even though they are struggling, a bad matchup for the Giants.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote:Not to be....the Bucs aren't ready for prime time....fell apart late.....

Giants are about 95% in......will likely play either the Lions again, or the Packers in the 1st round....the Packers were very lucky to win their game yesterday......

Don't need to see the Seahawks at their place....even though they are struggling, a bad matchup for the Giants.
Yep, and as a FSU/Winston fan...I was not surprised to see his head butt late.
Stupid, stupid play...but not at all surprising.
Tough kid, mad skills, high "football x and o IQ", otherwise.....
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

He got rattled late in that game....the Dallas pass rush [where did that come from] got to him...he made some seriously bad throws.....

If the Cowboys can get pressure on opposing QB's....they will be a tough out......however if Prescott stumbles at all....you know Jerry wants Romo in there.......

Man I hope the Giants keep winning all the way to Houston...will help make up for the suckfest that is URI basketball......

Hurley knows basketball but he's not getting it across to his players...in any way......and that's 100% on him......
Last edited by rambone 78 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Speaking of Dallas D...WHERE did this David Irving dude come from??? They said last night he only plays about 40% of the D plays per game? Um...WHY??? He looked like an easy NFL D-POY last night...and I don't even remember him playing against the Giants.

Twisted, if you see this...maybe you have some Irving insight? Have they been hiding this guy? Did he just learn how to play last week? I don't get it...he was unstoppable last night...
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

He recently switched from DT to DE so there is some learning curves, you saw vs Tampa the potential he has. While he's at 40% for the year he's really more about 50% (didn't play much at the beginning of the year and only played 2 snaps vs Cleveland before an ejection)
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

twisted3829 wrote:He recently switched from DT to DE so there is some learning curves, you saw vs Tampa the potential he has. While he's at 40% for the year he's really more about 50% (didn't play much at the beginning of the year and only played 2 snaps vs Cleveland before an ejection)
Seems he basically sealed the deal for them late vs TB - serious potential. I was afraid he was going to come tackle me in my living room and cause a beer fumble. The guy was a monster out there. I rarely watch DL guys, but will be looking for that dude next time I see the cowboys play.
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

you should look up his stats against GB earlier this year.

in 19 snaps he had a sack, 3 tackles, 3 FF (1 he recovered and 1 recovered by the Cowboys)
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Also, I believe Irving was a free agent before the start of the 2015 season. Any team could have had him.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

SmartyBarrett wrote:Also, I believe Irving was a free agent before the start of the 2015 season. Any team could have had him.
UUUGGGHHHHH!
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Wasn't Irving playing against the 3rd stringer for Tampa? If so, that made him look even better than he is......
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

can the G-men pull this one out?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

nope
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Eli has to be better in crunch time....he hasn't been this year, the D has bailed him out......

They missed Jenkins on defense.....

Also they've been good in the red zone this year....not last night though.

One too many turnovers......

Can't win all the close ones....better now than in the playoffs.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Giants only need one out of eight things to happen to make the playoffs....4 teams playing this weekend...only one needs to lose....my guess is Tampa against NO.....normally I would think Detroit would lose at Dallas, but the Cowboys don't need to win another game...so they will likely take their foot off the gas and rest guys....
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rambone 78 wrote:Eli has to be better in crunch time....he hasn't been this year, the D has bailed him out......

Not good
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Yeah the G Men don't blow anybody out.....that's a tightrope that's too easy to fall off of......they did it 5 years ago but tough to repeat unless Eli stops with the int's......
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote:
rambone 78 wrote:Eli has to be better in crunch time....he hasn't been this year, the D has bailed him out......

Not good
And they drop to 8-3 in games decided by one score or less this year. I think I''ll take it....
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Eli needs to do what Brady does......if his receivers are covered and he's out of time...throw the ball away...stop trying to force the ball.

That's why Brady doesn't turn the ball over......makes the opponent try and score on long drives instead of a short field [or worse-pick 6's].

A punt beats a pick...almost every time.

Helps the defense out big time...also why the Pat's opponents don't score a lot of points....and since the Giants have a good defense, it makes it easier for them.

It's football 101...Manning the gunslinger doesn't work...and he's not getting any younger.....he doesn't have big receivers....also if Beckham gets hurt, they're toast.....
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote:Eli needs to do what Brady does......if his receivers are covered and he's out of time...throw the ball away...stop trying to force the ball.

That's why Brady doesn't turn the ball over......makes the opponent try and score on long drives instead of a short field [or worse-pick 6's].

A punt beats a pick...almost every time.

Helps the defense out big time...also why the Pat's opponents don't score a lot of points....and since the Giants have a good defense, it makes it easier for them.

It's football 101...Manning the gunslinger doesn't work...and he's not getting any younger.....he doesn't have big receivers....also if Beckham gets hurt, they're toast.....
He may not have 'big' receivers, but I'd put the quality of the Cruz, Beckham, Shepard trio up against any other three.
While Beckham may not be the biggest dude, would take my chances with him on most any 50-50 ball...
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Giants are in thanks to the Saints......now it's up to them...no excuses boys......
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Looks like the playoff Dance card is almost set.....my guess is the Redskins will get in over the Lions, who will lose to Dallas and GB next week to miss out........the Giants have nothing to play for against the Skins while Wash will have everything to play for......

The AFC to me looks like a foregone conclusion....the Pats will waltz their way to the SB beating the Steelers in the title game.......

Giants have no easy path...either the Packers or Seahawks first...then the Cowboys again if they get there......
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

twisted3829 wrote:you should look up his stats against GB earlier this year.

in 19 snaps he had a sack, 3 tackles, 3 FF (1 he recovered and 1 recovered by the Cowboys)
Mr. Irving is a freekn monster...still can't understand why he's been hidden so....
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Detroit gagged it up big time last night......Lions fans must be sick.....I doubt they beat GB.......

Manning, Beckham, and the walking wounded need to sit this week.....no use getting hurt for nothing......the Redskins won't hold back that's for sure.....
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Giants looked good in the first half today.....then it looked like they were packing it in and giving the game to the Redskins late.....then they made a play on D [where else?] and won the game......

They don't make many style points on offense...but they do just enough.....they've got to score in the 20's to beat the Packers next week though...unless it's the Lions who they should beat.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

so....my only option was to watch the Giants here (Costa Rica) in Spanish...good grief...could only handle it in small doses. Announcers help...even bad ones (as long as you can understand the language). The only English spoken during the entire game was by Gene Steratore....would be like 5 minutes of Spanish...then zoom to Gene..."Holding, offense number 76...still second down"
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

They'll have their hands full this week.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I have my doubts the offense can play well enough to beat the Packers, Cowboys, and likely Falcons to get to Houston......

At some point you have to score points, you know?

Need some O line help for next season......and a playmaking TE would help....the D will be fine......
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

as a Cowboys fan I'm rooting for the Lions this week, much rather play the Lions out of Giants, Packers and Lions
Last edited by twisted3829 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Yeah the Seahags look very beatable right now, but I still think they will beat the Lions.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

twisted3829 wrote:as a Cowboys fan I'm rooting for the Lions this week, much rather play the Lions out of Giants, Packers and Lions
Yep...you and Patriot Fan, too... :lol:
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ugh...gotta score some freekn points....
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Not tonight....Giants had chances to build a nice early lead but didn't....then the D lets them down......nice season but they need some pieces on offense for next season.....they should be very good I think.

No pass rush as the game went on....gave Rodgers all day to throw.....can't do that. Need JPP back.....pay the man.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Engram....huge pickup for the Giants.....they finally have a TE who can stretch the field like Gronk.......

Their passing game is being patterned after the Patriots.....now if their offensive line can give Eli some time to throw and the running game can be at least decent, with their defense they will be a major player next season.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Giants offense...yuck....slightly less exciting than rhody offense...
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Offensive line is offensive. Why they didn't really address that during the offseason might cost Reese his job.

All the other pieces are there. But the D will wear down if the offense can't sustain drives. Or start them.

Better be a big turnaround next week, or it could be a long season.

The problems look worse than not just having Beckham......
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Not only does the Giants offense suck...they are just plain hard to watch... their games make a 12-15 inning baseball game seem exciting.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Way too conservative, of course with that o line Eli has no time......and he's not without blame either.

Too predictable....and they will get manhandled by the Eagles' D line next week.....long season ahead.

Too bad, they have great receiving talent but that's it on offense, and the d will wear down playing so much.

Lost season....McAdoo and especially Reese could be on the hot seat...why couldn't they find a decent left tackle last offseason?

Hey a top draft pick is in the works.....what's really bad is that the 2 teams they've lost to, are no great shakes either.

Eagles might be the best team in the division now.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Giants looked like they had the Eagles beat in a game they had to have....and then blow it with stupid mistakes....never should have come down to a long FG.....

Who would have thought before the season that the only team in NY to win a game by week 3 would be the Jets?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

suck-tacular...not sure what else to call it...
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote:Giants looked like they had the Eagles beat in a game they had to have....and then blow it with stupid mistakes....never should have come down to a long FG.....

Who would have thought before the season that the only team in NY to win a game by week 3 would be the Jets?
Buffalo has two....
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Oops, I should have said NY city......or actually NJ....
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Do they have a shot today?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Pttttttttttttttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....................
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

The offense showed signs of life, but the D let them down with mental mistakes all day.....last season the D stopped opponents in crunch time almost every week....now it's what can go wrong will go wrong.

Season over.....even the Jets are better.....yeesh.....
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Seeing how the Gmen decided to take a pass on this season...Sox need to make a deep run
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Wow what a train wreck.....lose almost all of your receivers in one game......

1st draft pick baby!

Although Reese gets a big fat vote of no confidence from me....I think he's gone by the end of the season....overdue.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Sox and Giants seasons ending at the same time...what a drag...

C'mooon 11/10.........
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rambone 78 wrote:Wow what a train wreck.....lose almost all of your receivers in one game......

1st draft pick baby!

Although Reese gets a big fat vote of no confidence from me....I think he's gone by the end of the season....overdue.
AND to lose and go 0-5 against the LA Chargers on your own home field - rock bottom
0 x