NY Giants

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

NY Giants

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

I know there's a lot of you out there...

Was it not awesome to see the GMen get over the Cowboys AND win a close game early in the season.
Looks like quite a few WR weapons....gotta like that
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: NY Giants

where does one go to watch the Giants today in the SK area?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Answer: Rhody Joe's
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Rhody Joe's is really the only "proper" sports bar in South County, unless I can't remember one in the NK area. People will also watch at the Mews and other places, but RJ is the only place with a bunch of visible TVs from the bar area.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

I agree with that.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Giants/Red Sox at the same time tomorrow...tape one and watch it later? or, just make the clicker earn its keep?
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:Giants/Red Sox at the same time tomorrow...tape one and watch it later? or, just make the clicker earn its keep?

Hope you decided to watch the Sox....lol
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramfan85 wrote:
NYGFan_Section208 wrote:Giants/Red Sox at the same time tomorrow...tape one and watch it later? or, just make the clicker earn its keep?

Hope you decided to watch the Sox....lol

The Giants game was pretty much a cluster. I think they just got called for another stupid penalty...to be assessed on the kickoff of the next game? So hard to win games in the NFL...can't be giving them away like that. I taped the Sox. That Pedey play at the plate...all those k's....the kinda play that World Series juggernauts pull off ;)
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rampant nitwittery by the G-men today. Your center gets kicked out for double unsportsmanlike...? You have a guy taking a sideline cheap head shot at a gunner on a punt that your team blocked? (That was borderline dirty enough that he mighta shoulda been tossed) And your best player acting like a spoiled brat on the sideline.

Eli has an awesome cast of receivers, but, they've got to do something about the above.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Hey, at least you're not a Jets fan...
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

If that was Belicheck coaching the Giants those players would be sitting for a while.....actually that stuff would never happen, you never see Pats players doing cheap shit like that....cost them the game against a clearly inferior team....

I thought that this stuff would end once Coughlin left...guess I was wrong....

The NFL is a complete crapshoot so far this season, except for the Broncos and Pats. The Pats QB situation was going to bite them at some point...today it did.
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

I love watching the Giants beat themselves, especially as a Cowboys fan
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Like that?...muffed point for a short field...penalties to make it even shorter?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Hmm...Pats @ 1 on CBS, Giants a @1 on CBS.
Looking like another RJ Sunday....
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Giants pull one out against the Ravens due to Beckham....

but that PI against the Giants on Baltimore's last scoring drive was ridiculous.....the roughing the passer call on the Giants on the Raven's last possession was just as bad...

So was the lack of a call against the Seahawk's Sherman at the end against Atlanta....

The refs are as bad as I've ever seen them...no consistency whatsoever.......

Also the Giants need to teach their DB's how to catch the ball....how many drops? Maybe that's why they are DB's......

Anyway, the way Prescott is playing, Tony who????? The Giants wish they had the Dallas offensive line......

They [NYG[ are 3-3, and are in LAST place in their division. Who woulda thunk it?
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I agree the refs are bad and it should have been a pass interference on Sherman. That said, I think there wasn't a call on that because it was fourth and ten and the Falcons threw a long ball. It's the same reason why refs don't throw flags on hail Mary's, they're not going to bail you out in those situations.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I think it's time for Jerry Reese to go.

Not just because he's failed to bring in OL or tight ends that can play.....

His handling of the Josh Brown saga was shameful.....and he refuses to talk about it....

Mara needs to say goodbye to him....this isn't the Giant Way of doing things.....
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Well the Giants keep winning...with mirrors I guess...they aren't very impressive, but wins are wins......

Eli will have to get going late in games....the D has bailed him out a couple times already [last year that NEVER happened] so that's good at least....

Get to the postseason somehow, and who knows.....even with that shitty O line......
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote:Well the Giants keep winning...with mirrors I guess...they aren't very impressive, but wins are wins......

Eli will have to get going late in games....the D has bailed him out a couple times already [last year that NEVER happened] so that's good at least....

Get to the postseason somehow, and who knows.....even with that shitty O line......
Yep! They just showed that only Seattle spends less on their offensive line this year...
But, with Eli...get into the tourney and anything can happen...love the WR corps...

Go Jints!
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

I LOVE the passing game, but good grief...this Jints team has no ground game at all...not even a pretend one....
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Nice win, but spotty play overall by Eli and receivers....gutsy call to go for it on 4th and goal late...and make it to boot

I know, I just got back from the game. First time at MetLife, great place to watch a game, I was in one of the lower suites near midfield...awesome

The defense, except for a big play early, and special teams, which gave up a long kickoff return, played well, especially in the 4th quarter....
Last edited by rambone 78 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rarely miss a Jints game, but there was some hoops in CT I wanted to see this weekend. 5 in a row with the Browns on deck.
Not a guaranteed win...which it 'should be'...and exactly why it's not? G-men are the perfect example of 'get in the tourney and anything can happen'...

Speaking of the Patriots... :lol: :lol:

Not sure why there's suspensions for pot. No one ever said, "that guy seems to be playing so well...unfair advantage...he must be high." If the teams want to suspend, fine...I suppose they want to 'protect the brand', but what happens when it's legal in every state? And people realize that "Coffee" probably provides more competitive advantage?

Deflated football crisis is another silly one...they want to encourage offense...and they let the teams use their own balls. So, since everyone is not using the same ball to begin with...Who cares how inflated they are or not? Why is that even a rule? Let them use whatever they want...

GO GIANTS!!!!
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Can the Giants lose already? just 1 game to get a little more breathing room for my Cowboys
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

With the Giants, no game is an easy win......this weekend at Cleveland will probably be no exception....

The Browns will probably beat somebody this season, they really have been in most games, but I'm hoping the Giants aren't that somebody....embarrassing if they do......they play to the level of their opponent, which makes it close every week.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

So far...not sure the Giants could play any suckier...
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

OK...that worked great...need to throw the reverse whammy more often...
7-0 Giants!
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

6 wins in a row. Nice! And, nice to see JPP have a big hand in it...
Now they have to go on the road again and win one against a good team.

And can the Cowboys please....just lose a game?
Last edited by NYGFan_Section208 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

AAAAARGH!!!! #$%^&*@# :evil: cowboys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Not worried about winning the division, just get in the playoffs, we know what happened the last 2 times the Giants made it as a wild card....there are NO great teams out there.....the Cowboys D is shitty, the Pats have lost Gronk......

Now having said that, if the Giants are playoff worthy, they will win at least one out of the next 2 games.....have to win a minimum of 10 games to get in, if they don't they aren't good enough, we will see soon....their offense is too inconsistent right now...the D is fine, and the D line is starting to play like the SB years.....

The Giants will likely have to ride their defense, and on offense not turn the ball over...to have a chance to go far this year.....which is their recipe for success anyway......
1 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Cowboys must have been watching the Giants tape early, ugly game last night but they managed to pull out the win
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Certainly has been the Giants MO!
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

At least we have the Giants [for now anyway] being relevant when it comes to the playoffs.....

Don't let me down! I want to post about positive things for a change...the basketball team is just too depressing for words.....

I need a winner.....
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

I hear ya...
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

No offense today...why does this feel familiar?
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Too many 3 and outs...and too many lapses on defense on 3rd down.....and 74 on offense is a holding machine....hopefully JPP won't miss much time....

Witten will have a field day against the Giants next week...he always does....but I think it will be a close game......the Giants will move the ball better against that defense...

No easy ones the rest of the way...if they aren't good enough to win 2 more, then they aren't a playoff team.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:No offense today...why does this feel familiar?
but were they running plays?
how do you know they were running plays?
do you think they micromanaged today?
should they have gone to the bench more?
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote:
NYGFan_Section208 wrote:No offense today...why does this feel familiar?
1 but were they running plays?
2 how do you know they were running plays?
3 do you think they micromanaged today?
4 should they have gone to the bench more?
1 - yes
2 - because I've seen them do the exact same stupid things before (consistently), with the same result
3 - if so, not enough
4 - probably couldn't have hurt

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Edit: Not sure that B McAdoo is any better of a coach than DH...but, at least the jury is still out there ;)
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

McAdoo spends the entire game looking at his play sheet........he could use an OC.......wonder how much info he's getting from upstairs.....

That and an offensive line would help.......a good blocking TE wouldn't hurt either......
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

That trailer for Fast and Furious 8 looked awesome (watched 2Fast 2Furious today). They needed to make #F8 (and two more after), seeing how the first 7 left so many unanswered questions... :lol: 8-) :lol: 8-) Hopefully, that's not the best part of Sunday Night Football....
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Great win last night...the D looks championship worthy...the offense not so much....thank God for Beckham, although he dropped a TD pass....

Get this offense going just a little and hang onto the ball, and who knows? Who else looks great right now?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote:Great win last night...the D looks championship worthy...the offense not so much....thank God for Beckham, although he dropped a TD pass....

Get this offense going just a little and hang onto the ball, and who knows? Who else looks great right now?
The D looked amazing last night, especially in the 4th quarter...not sure if it was b/c Dallas is in such disarray, or the Jints meade them look that way.
Loving the Romo controversy there now...

Someone on LeBatard's radio show today said "Jason Garrett, if you're looking for your number, Ben McAdoo has it."
Great win, but they still need to get some offense going.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Giants = Pats worst nightmare if both make the SB......
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

rambone 78 wrote:Giants = Pats worst nightmare if both make the SB......
Don't think that didn't cross my mind as you guys were beating Dallas. Part of me wants revenge for those SB's and part.of me NEVER wants to do it a third time.

This year's playoffs are going to be great. I don't see any easy games (except for whoever.plays the AFC South winner) in either conference.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote:Giants = Pats worst nightmare if both make the SB......
Which is why, when people ask me if I root for the Pats...I say "of course!"

PS...am thinking Belichik would LOVE to face the GMen in the SB...not that the Pats don't get enough (ok, deserved) credit already, just think if they had won those two games....
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Pats have been both lucky and unlucky in all of their SB's.........every one has been decided by 3 pts. except the last one...which was decided by FOUR pts.......well the ones Brady has been in I mean.....

The Giants would probably rather play the Pats than the Steelers....they just don't match up well against that team.....

Anyway, the playoffs will be a crap shoot in the NFC...if the Pats get home field throughout, they will probably make it to Houston....I don't think the Pats have ever made the SB without that home field advantage.....
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Their first and third Super Bowl wins they played in Pittsburgh in the AFC Championship. Their first Super Bowl appearance they were the first team to ever make the Super Bowl by winning three playoff games on the road.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Big game today...beat the Lions and they are almost a lock for the playoffs........going to be wet......avoid killer turnovers and I think it's a win.....

Stafford might have trouble with the conditions with that finger......
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote:Big game today...beat the Lions and they are almost a lock for the playoffs........going to be wet......avoid killer turnovers and I think it's a win.....

Stafford might have trouble with the conditions with that finger......
And hopefully with that defense!
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Deeee-fense! Nice win!
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Hate to admit it but the Giants defense has looked awesome.
1 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING