NY Giants

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: NY Giants

Unread postby rambone 78 » 1 month ago

And the defense which was so good last season can't stop anybody in crunch time. Pathetic.
0 x

ramster
Tyson Wheeler

Unread postby ramster » 1 month ago

One of the all time great N.Y. Giants

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/ ... dies-at-90
0 x

NYGFan_Section208
Carlton Owens

Unread postby NYGFan_Section208 » 2 weeks ago

Article could have been written any week during this season, just swap out some names. Not sure how B McADoo keeps his job...the whole season has been a spectacular train wreck. Maybe they didn't have all the talent needed to avoid it being a regular train wreck, but as far as train wrecks go, this is spectacular. (I think it started with the slicked back hair Doo....but, who knows...)

When you suck this bad on the field, it takes some doing to actually have MORE off the field issues. Like...you don't see this in Cleveland or SF, do you? (Maybe you do, I just don't care enough to research it).

Be sure to watch the video embedded in the story, it's spot on...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/gian ... eam-rules/
0 x

rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread postby rambone 78 » 1 week ago

The Maras are proud people, this must sting to no end being basically the laughingstock of the league right now....even beating out those loveable losers in Cleveland and SF.....

The Giants aren't one to make quick or hasty decisions when it comes to team management, but it certainly looks like McAdoo and Reese should be shown the door......they will likely wait until after the season, but in Reese's case a new GM should be in place sooner rather than later, it takes time to build relationships at that level....

What worries me is that the Giants if they keep Reese could make more dumb personnel decisions concerning the 2018 draft....especially if they pick a QB.....a bad choice there will screw them over for years like it did the Jets...although even the Jets have a pulse right now, and are closer imo to becoming relevant again.

P.S. What I saw on that field last Sunday was a team that basically quit, especially on defense.

Not acceptable behavior on any level in any sport. The coach bears responsibility for that. Time to clean house.
0 x

NYGFan_Section208
Carlton Owens

Unread postby NYGFan_Section208 » 1 week ago

The whole team seems to have quit, except for the rookie TE. And here's McAdooF saying they "have a run in them"...as the clever comment at the bottom of the story references...I think he meant 'they have the runs'... although, I think if they did, they might have a little more pep in their steps.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/gian ... -pep-talk/
0 x

rambone 78
Frank Keaney

If they lose to SF, then batten down the hatches.....they are going for that number one pick in the draft.....now if there was some way to play and lose to the Browns they could lock that sucker up......tank time baby
0 x

SGreenwell
Cuttino Mobley

Unread postby SGreenwell » 1 week ago

I'm surprised they're still employing McAdoo, since the team hasn't shown much of a pulse. Without OBJ to bail them out by turning 7-yard slants into 77-yard touchdowns, the offense looks pretty, pretty, pretty bad, and I think it's hard for any defense to stay motivated if they know they essentially need to have a shut-out to win. I'd hope the focus would be on getting some offensive line help - either for Eli, if you wanna stick with him for one more try, or to develop whoever the next QB will be.
0 x

UCH21377
ARD

Unread postby UCH21377 » 1 week ago

I’m not sure the Maras have ever fired a coach mid season. Or a GM. They are patient and they have been successful for the most part
0 x

UCH21377
ARD

Unread postby UCH21377 » 1 week ago

Well other than that 15 year run they had in the late 60s and 70s for those of us who remember
0 x

rambone 78
Frank Keaney

And they won't this season....fire anybody mid season that is.....just hope they do something after the season.
0 x

rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Good thing I have a party to go to late this afternoon....won't have to watch 3 hours of bad football....titanic struggle for the 2nd pick in the draft as of right now....lmao
0 x

rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Well I watched some of it.....what a joke the defense is.

Jenkins should pay back his salary....he's quit....half speed all day....did Joe Montana just return?

The remaining 7 games should be a lot of fun.....don't see how this staff and Reese can last the season...and they shouldn't.
0 x

Return to “All Pro Sports”