Tim Duncan

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
Ramblinrose
Art Stephenson

Tim Duncan

Unread post by Ramblinrose »

We may have seen the last of the brilliant Tim Duncan. This guy brought a great understated set of remarkable skills to the NBA.
The Big Fundamental won five titles. He was the modern Bill Walton, only healthy. I wonder if there'll be the next Tim Duncan. Kids don't emulate that kind of purity in the games.
No slashing, wild dunks, pointing at himself. That's what sells now.
Maybe Duncan benefited by never playing in the American AAU leagues, where half the coaches are like Jerry D.
I will miss Tim Duncan.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Re: Tim Duncan

Unread post by UCH21377 »

I think the four years to develop himself in college helped too. Big guys now just don't get the chance to develop their offensive game.
0 x
URI96
ARD

Unread post by URI96 »

Who sitting in the PCC on Feb 5, 1994 would have thought at the time that they were seeing one of the all time greats lace em up. (A game that also saw Rhody ejected FWIW)
0 x
Like soldiers on a Winter's night with a vow to DEFEND, no retreat baby, no surrender.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Good call, 96
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

Game is different now, how many scouting reports read negatives as "struggles from 15'+" as a big? While Duncan still had good touch, now there is too much looking for bigs who can go inside and out, so kids spend a lot of times around the perimeter when they could be focusing on playing on the block. With Duncan you are talking about a guy who took on average about 70% of his shots on the block or in the paint. Modern potential superstar like Anthony Davis takes only about 53% of his shots from the paint/blocks.
0 x