Red Sox and other Major League Baseball

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: Red Sox and other Major League Baseball - 2016

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

ramster wrote:and 208, Baltimore lost to Houston, Cleveland hit two HRs in the bottom of the 9th inning to win 3-2 over Toronto. And believe it or not, the 2nd HR was a walk off HR but it was Inside-the-Park!!!!
Porcello was great tonight. Bottom 3 of the batting order with Leon, Holt and Benitendi is the strongest in baseball. Looked great tonight.
Saw that...sweet.
Sandy is unbelievable....
Great start on this roady!
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

'nother win! I was hoping for 7-4 on this trip..now thinking, with 4 against TB... less than 8-3 will be a disappointment.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Great win and Pomeranz with aniher strong outing going 5 innings and throwing only 51 pitches before another long rain delay on Detroit. Too bad because he was on track for a possible complete game.
Ortiz continues to amaze itch his 29th HR, 96th and 97 th RBIs and now hitting .321. Strong candidate for MVP............does,he really retire?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Yeah, I think he does...he just can't run at all...whenever he's on base, I just pray he doesn't get hurt (he and the whole team probably do, too).

Henry O today...yikes....
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:Yeah, I think he does...he just can't run at all...whenever he's on base, I just pray he doesn't get hurt (he and the whole team probably do, too).

True on his running but did you see him run out his double today? Wow.
The pinch base running injury to Wright is hurting us today with Owens getting the call.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote:
NYGFan_Section208 wrote:Yeah, I think he does...he just can't run at all...whenever he's on base, I just pray he doesn't get hurt (he and the whole team probably do, too).

True on his running but did you see him run out his double today? Wow.
The pinch base running injury to Wright is hurting us today with Owens getting the call.
Owens getting the call is a problem alright....Would've been ERod today I think...and Wright on Tuesday?
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Yes, Ortiz is done, as much as I hate to say it. It's not that he's running slow, it's that his feet are killing him when he does. That's not going to get better.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

I think Ortiz signs up for one more year. Sox offer him 1yr/30M no way he leaves that kinda dough on the table.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

Ultimately that move could be ok because there does not appear to be any bigtime free agents the Sox would have interest in, but I just don't think Ortiz's feet are going to allow him to have this sort of season again. He might be able to give you 80-100 good games. However, the Sox keep reminding us about Sam Travis as an option next year for 1st and are also hoping Sandoval can return to form for next season and are telling us that he's gone through the beginning of a successful weight maintenance plan so it doesn't appear they've given up on either. So if that's the case for the growth of Moncada might be better off if Ortiz leaves because otherwise it may get a little crowded out there.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I can't speak with any knowledge on Travis, but I can tell you after how the team talked up Sandoval even after we saw how he reported to camp I'll believe it when I see it.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

I don't necessarily think that Sandoval or Travis are serious threats to crack the roster next season, but the reality is that if Ortiz is gone after this year, the potential heir to the DH position would be Ramirez and then they could slide Shaw to 1st and get Moncada in every day at 3rd. If Ortiz was back, they would probably have to make a tough trade or two, or leave Moncada in the minors. They wouldn't bring him up to be a utility player. And simply having Sandoval and Travis around just make the depth chart a little more crowded, especially if one or both have a good spring. Replacing Ortiz's production won't be easy, but I do think him going may be better for the future, just makes it easier to get the young guys in the MLB lineup with relative regularity.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

I don't think there's any way Ortiz comes back...and I don't think the Sox would offer $30M either.
Great season this year, his bat actually seems quicker than ever...but he really has no legs....
Last edited by NYGFan_Section208 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Agree that Moncada will probably wind up at 3B. Does Swihart figure into the DH/1B/bench role? or is he just trade bait?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Fantastic pitching by Price tonight vs Tampa Bay
Catch of the year for the Red Sox and possibly for the entire league by Benintendi to rob a 2 run HR. Catch Ranked equal or better than the HR Betts robbed last year. Benintendi has really strengthened our outfield and bottom third of the batting order.
Red Sox pitching has allowed an opponent Batting Average of .210 for the month of August to lead the league
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

UCH21377 wrote:Agree that Moncada will probably wind up at 3B. Does Swihart figure into the DH/1B/bench role? or is he just trade bait?
If Swihart could still play C, I think he'd have more trade value, but I'm not sure if the ship has sailed on that, between not playing it much this year and his injury. (Then again, if the injury cuts down on his speed or mobility, maybe it makes sense to shift him back behind the plate.) As is, I think he's fine in a utility role, and maybe you trade him if you find the right deal. The surprise development of JBJ this year suggests that maybe it's better to keep some of the Sawx prospects an extra year, to see if they develop, instead of trading them when their value is low.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

It's true but I think you can easily argue the opposite.
Last year the Phillies wanted one of Henry Owens, Brian Johnson, Mookie Betts, or Blake Swihart for Cole Hamels.
To this point, one of those guys has been a stud, and the other 3 have been disappointments.
Maybe on Swihart, you give him an incomplete.
Henry Owens has been a huge disappointment.
Brian Johnson could still get there but his anxiety issues may be a huge issue.
So you could argue that holding on to guys on that particular deal might have been a big loss.

I think that is also why I've been so adverse to dealing arms.
You need more than 2 good arms in your system.
All it takes is one bad injury and it could derail a prospect for 2+ seasons.
Or maybe they don't develop their secondary pitches adequately.
If it were a position of organizational depth, it's easier to deal guys.
I think that's why they were willing to move Margot for Kimbrel, that too appears to have been an overpayment but at least at that position they seemed adequately covered for the next 5-7 years between Betts, Bradley, Benitendi, etc.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Red Sox 1st round pick this year.....
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/redso ... nt=event12
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

You know who else got off to a fast minor league start as a 17 year old? It's that guy you love ... Oh what's his name .... Is it Anderson Espinosa?? Let's check ... Oh ... Was 17 years old ... 58.1 innings, 1.23 ERA, 10 K/9, .943 WHIP, only 8 ER ...
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rjsuperfly66 wrote:You know who else got off to a fast minor league start as a 17 year old? It's that guy you love ... Oh what's his name .... Is it Anderson Espinosa?? Let's check ... Oh ... Was 17 years old ... 58.1 innings, 1.23 ERA, 10 K/9, .943 WHIP, only 8 ER ...
RJ,
I still like Dombrowski's trade of Pomeranz for Espinosa and like it more now than when the trade was made. Imagine the Red Sox without Pomeranz with the injuries to Wright and Rodriguez? True that Dombrowski did not know two of his starting pitchers would be hurt for August but it turned out to be a brilliant move. I'm so glad Dombrowski is here instead of the previous admin. Pomeranz' last two starts have been strong and he got 2 wins. The 2016 All Star is looking stronger every game.

Espinosa has been unimpressive with the Fort Wayne Tincaps. Maybe the Red Sox knew something about him that the ranking services did not know.
Espinosa for August:
3 Starts going 0-2.
10.2 Innings Pitches
17 hits
9 earned runs
0 walks
10 strikeouts

his overall ERA is about 5.5

The guy I like in the Red Sox Farm System now is Michael Kopech currently pitching for Salem Red Sox but not for long. 1st round draft 4 Starts going 3-0.
22 Innings Pitches
9 hits
3 earned runs
7 walks
39 strikeouts
pick by Boston in 2014, he had committed to Arizona. Has some issues including a fight and some other stuff but now is really maturing and has a phenomenal fastball. 6'3" from Mount Pleasant Texas.
His stats for August so far:

http://www.milb.com/player/index.jsp?si ... g/2016/ALL
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

1) Again, who cares what happened with Wright and Rodriguez? Those are completely independent and irrelevent events. Yes, it's nice to have Pomeranz. But it still doesn't necessarily mean it justifies the cost. Any legit big league pitcher helps fill that role. Using that logic, the question is simply, are you better off with Drew Pomeranz or Roenis Elias? And if that's all the logic entails, you could argue trading anybody for Drew Pomeranz because the value of the trade doesn't matter as much as having someone better than Roenis Elias. The question is, could you have paid less for a guy to go 7 starts and give you mostly average to slightly above average outings?

2) Last 2 starts have been strong? Yes he had a very good outing against Cleveland, but against Detroit he only gave you 5 innings. You didn't make that trade for 5 quality innings, you made that trade for 7 quality innings. If you ask me what a strong start is, I'm telling you minimum 7 quality innings with only 1-2 runs and maybe 4-6 hits/walks. It's a disservice to the truly strong outings to lump in that Detroit game. What Price did against Tampa last night or what Pomeranz did against Cleveland, those are strong outings.

3) My greater point was simply to point out that last year at age 17 Espinosa was awesome and now you think he's a bum. Groome is still 3-4 years away from the majors so it's possible for several things to happen, many similar variables that existed for Espinosa. At that level it's hard to prognosticate on stats but stuff. Even in that article that you posted, it talks about how Groome has two plus pitches but needs significant work on his changeup. If he gets bashed around because people want him using his changeup with regularity, it doesn't mean he sucks, but if he never develops that pitch, he's at best a bullpen guy.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

1) Waaaay better off with Pomeranz. The Pommer's MLB potential has been displayed.
2) Guy is acclimating to new surroundings and rounding in to form.
3) Just goes to show that...guys that young are lottery tickets, the drawing is years away and you can't keep them all.
Pomeranz is like matching at least 4 numbers...with huge odds against the kids.
Fortunately, they have enough to make a deal like they did and still have some more.
Doesn't mean either Espinosa or Groome is or will be a bum, but Pomeranz has far greater value right now.
And, you can't underestimate the fact that...if he's really really good in a few years, the Sox have the resources to get Espinoza back if they want.

Lovin' the deal more all the time.

What a fun road trip...6-2...share of 1st place...games on at hours that are ok for human beings that have to go to work...

In Greenville this week....unfortunately "the Drive is on the road" :lol:
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rjsuperfly66 wrote:
2) Last 2 starts have been strong? Yes he had a very good outing against Cleveland, but against Detroit he only gave you 5 innings. You didn't make that trade for 5 quality innings, you made that trade for 7 quality innings. If you ask me what a strong start is, I'm telling you minimum 7 quality innings with only 1-2 runs and maybe 4-6 hits/walks. It's a disservice to the truly strong outings to lump in that Detroit game. What Price did against Tampa last night or what Pomeranz did against Cleveland, those are strong outings.
RJ,
Against Detroit Pomeranz pitched 5 innings, no walks, 3 K's, 1 ER, 4 hits, threw only 51 pitches with 39 being strikes.
The ONLY reason he went only 5 innings was because of a 71 minute rain delay. They had already had a 1.5 hour rain delay before the start of the game.
Announcers on TV were saying usually a pitcher might continue if the rain delay was under an hour, but once it exceeded an hour all believed the starters would not continue, and they didn't.
Detroit also pulled their starting pitched once play resumed 71 minutes later.
Pitchers tighten up after a delay of that magnitude. Pomeranz was rolling and I dreaded the Sox going to the bullpen.
So blame Farrell or,the rain if you want, but Pomeranz was pitching has best game in a sox uniform for 5 innings before the skies opened up.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Maybe Kopech gets promoted from Salem to Greenville soon where you could see him on one of your business trips
Sox top pitching prospect just threw 7 innings, 1 hit allowed, no runs, 10 K's and hit 100 mph on last two pitches in 7th inning

http://www.masslive.com/redsox/index.ss ... sox_7.html
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Kopech has unbelievable numbers at the minor league level. Seems like the only thing holding him back is his head.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

STC wrote:Kopech has unbelievable numbers at the minor league level. Seems like the only thing holding him back is his head.
I think that was holding him back for sure, but not now. Kid is rolling.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Like Kopech a lot.
I'm just always leery of hard-throwers because it's easy to get by at low-A with heat.
Some of the scouting reports I've seen:
"Jerky mechanics"
"Below average potential changeup"
"Average curveball"
"Club reportedly asked Kopech to shelve the pitch [curveball] to focus on the three other offerings [fastball, slider, change]."
"Number three starter potential if things turn out right."
"Long way to go developmentally."
"Must refine secondary offerings."
Ultimately with that heat, Kopech may be better served as a reliever.
I think that's why ultimately I aim to accrue these long-term pitching assets because it's such a crap shoot.
0 x
Shaolin Swat
ARD

Unread post by Shaolin Swat »

I like Kopech too, but it is frequently said that the best fastballs in professional baseball can be found in A-Ball. Really signifies the importance of developing the secondary offerings, which is typically a focus of the minor league development program and a big reason why you shouldn't put a ton of stock into minor league numbers - both good and bad - at such a low level.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote:208,

Maybe Kopech gets promoted from Salem to Greenville soon where you could see him on one of your business trips
Sox top pitching prospect just threw 7 innings, 1 hit allowed, no runs, 10 K's and hit 100 mph on last two pitches in 7th inning

http://www.masslive.com/redsox/index.ss ... sox_7.html
Would love to, unfortunately, that's the wrong direction, Salem is 'higher' A than Greenville. I think that league finishes up within the next week or so, so will have to see what next year brings.

I agree with the post about hard-throwers being such a crapshoot, which is why I'm ok with the sox trading them away, knowing they can always afford developed talent. Also, it seems like,,,with guys that throw like that...the obvious pitch to master is the change-up. I mean, seemed a lot of times, even when he was throwing mid-90's, that was Pedro's best pitch?
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:

I agree with the post about hard-throwers being such a crapshoot, which is why I'm ok with the sox trading them away, knowing they can always afford developed talent.
Can they afford it though? With all the young guys in the system (Benitendi, Moncada, Boegarts, Betts, Bradley), your going to sacrifice one or more of them to pay for a pitcher. It's just the reality. And that's fine, but I'd rather them not waste potential ace arms (Espinosa, Kopech, Groome) for a middle-end of the rotation guy, which is basically what they get you these days. If your system has a consistent approach, they should constantly be pumping out guys who can fill that role. In reality, you'd hope between those 3 guys, one becomes an ace, one becomes a rotational piece, and one is probably a bust. But the fewer ping pong balls, the lesser chance of finding the ace and the greater chance of finding the bust.

It's interesting, but if you look at the WS teams over the past decade, their best pitcher during that time was probably drafted and developed, or at a minimum developed. For every team with a traded/FA piece (KC - Cueto and Shields; STL - Carpenter x2; NYY - Sabathia; Sox - Beckett) there are several more with home-grown (Mets - deGrom; SF - Bumgarner; Red Sox - Lester; Cardinals - Wainwright; Giants - Cain; Tigers - Verlander; Rangers - CJ Wilson; Giants - Cain; Rangers - Wilson; Phillies - Hamels x2; Rays - Shields; Rockies - Jeff Francis; Tigers - Verlander).

I know the Red Sox have had better starting pitching the past few weeks and even months, but the reality is that even though they've had a great stretch, the inefficiency of those pitchers early in the year can easily be to blame why the bullpen has been in such shambles. Overworked, tired, broken down. Part of that is also on the stupid manager, but some falls on the starters, bullpen never got a break.

Furthermore, spending on pitching is always a risky deal. Sox are spending $30+ million on Price and getting $10 million results. It's harder to find pitchers to meet results than hitters, especially given the risk of the deal. Even if you look at LAA, they offered Pujols a stupid contract. But even if you look at those numbers, he's averaging 25 HR's, 94 RBI's, hitting .264. Obviously this season is not over and Pujols is raking right now, but just shows that even later in his career (hes now 36 and signed at age 32), you can still find decent productivity even if the average drops. It's so rare that a pitcher comes even close to living up to their big free agent contract. If you're lucky you may get 2-3 good years before they fall off a cliff.
Last edited by rjsuperfly66 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Ever since MLB went to revenue sharing the need to develop and keep minor league talent has become more important. Teams like the Red Sox and Yankees can no longer just sit around and wait for top tier talent from small markets to hit free agency.

Yankees seem to be finally be figuring this out with they way the sold off at the deadline. It pained me to see the Yankees make such solid moves at the deadline.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Kopech Earns Carolina League Pitcher of the Week Award
Salem grabs accolade for second straight week
Salem Red Sox08/29/2016 5:01 PM ET

SALEM, Va. (August 29, 2016) - Salem Red Sox righthander Michael Kopech has been chosen as the Carolina League Pitcher of the Week for August 22-28, the league announced on Monday. It is the second weekly honor for the third-year pro and the second straight week Salem has won the award (Daniel McGrath, 8/15-21).

In his only start of the week, Kopech continued his mastery on the mound with a career-long 7.0-inning outing on Wednesday against Potomac. The 20-year-old yielded only one hit, a slow-rolling infield single, while striking out 10 and walking two. It was his third start in a row with double-digit strikeouts, as he fanned his final batter with a pair of reported 100mph fastballs to end his night.

Kopech has been arguably the best pitcher in the Carolina League since his debut with Salem on July 7. In 10 starts, he is 4-1 with a 1.23 ERA across 51.1 innings. During that stretch, Kopech has struck out an astounding 81 hitters, the most in either MiLB or MLB. Tampa Bay's Chris Archer and San Francisco's Madison Bumgarner are tied for the second-most strikeouts with 75. During his time with Salem, 81 of the 167 at-bats (48.5 percent) for opponents have resulted in a strikeout.

The righthander has picked up the pace as of late, recording 10-plus strikeouts in four of his five starts in August, including a career-high 11 twice. He has struck out 49 hitters in 29 innings in August against only nine walks while yielding just 10 hits. His ERA in August is 0.93.

Drafted by the Red Sox with the 33rd overall pick in 2014 out of Mount Pleasant (Texas) High School, Kopech is the top pitching prospect in the Boston organization. Baseball America, MLBPipeline.com, and SoxProspects.com all rate Kopech as the fifth-best prospect in the system.

He is scheduled to make his final regular season start at LewisGale Field on Wednesday against the Winston-Salem Dash at 7:05 pm. Tickets are available at www.salemsox.com or by calling (540) 389-3333.

###
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Good thing he was pinch running... ugh Sure that was worth it.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

If Sox hold on to 3-0 lead against San Diego they will be tied with Toronto for 1st

Don't count the Yankees out after beating Baltimore and now with 3 straight wins

Altuve has really cooled off and has dropped to .344. Could Pedroia or even Ortiz get hot and win the Batting Title? Was considered a lock for Altuve just a month ago. Imagine Ortiz winning the batting title in his last year at 40 tears old? With the shift they put on and his lesser speed he is 5th in Batting Average @ .318........truly an amazing year for him.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

If Sox hold on to 3-0 lead against San Diego they will be tied with Toronto for 1st

Don't count the Yankees out after beating Toronto and now with 3 straight wins

Altuve has really cooled off and has dropped to .344. Could Pedroia or even Ortiz get hot and win the Batting Title? Was considered a lock for Altuve just a month ago. Imagine Ortiz winning the batting title in his last year at 40 tears old? With the shift they put on and his lesser speed he is 5th in Batting Average @ .318........truly an amazing year for him.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

What an amazing last 4 weeks we have coming up from today Wednesday Sept 7 to Sunday Oct 2:
Games remaining for Boston:
1 San Diego AWAY
3 Toronto AWAY
3 Baltimore HOME
4 NY HOME

4 Baltimore AWAY
3 Tampa AWAY
3 NY AWAY
3 Toronto HOME

14 AWAY and 10 HOME
Pitching Rotation including tonight is
Price
Porcello
Rodriguez
Pomeranz
Wright or Buchholz
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

It's amazing given how situationally bad their bullpen has been that they are tied for first.
However, it's not a large gap between them and out.
Right now they have a 2 game lead on being completely out of the playoffs.
Tigers trail Baltimore by only a game, Sox/Jays each a game up on Balt.
A few other teams close to knocking -- Astros, Yankees (remarkable they are still in it), and KC.
They should be in, but too early to be popping that champagne.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RJ,
I don't think any life long Red Sox fans need to be reminded of it being too early to be popping that champagne.......

0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

I don't think anyone necessarily is, but you listen to the radio and for months people have basically had the Sox safely penciled in for the playoffs. And the Sox have not really been playing great ball recently past couple of weeks, they're 8-7 last 15 which isn't awful but isn't great. They haven't caught Toronto by playing great ball, they've been fortunate Toronto in the same timespan has been 7-8. So on one hand they've caught Toronto which is a huge deal for seeding purposes, but you look in the rearview and it's getting a little crowded back there, especially that those teams have played better than the Sox the past few weeks (Baltimore: 9-6; Detroit 11-4; KC: 9-6; Houston 11-4).
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Agree with you RJ, and I worry a lot about the dreaded Yankees who many a fan counted out early in the season, but that team always scares me.
Red Sox relief pitching is their greatest risk I think
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

The dreaded Yankees win their 5th straight tonight. Now Only 4 games out of first - who would have thunk it.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

The Yanks aren't a division threat - they aren't jumping 3 teams with better players in one month - but I'm rooting for them to sneak into the wild card. Baseball is more fun when yanks are involved, plus all my law school buddies are yanks fans and good baseball people, so the longer they are into it the better. But I watched the video of Austin's walk-off tonight and couldn't believe how few people were in The Stadium - I'd imagined that the place would be rocking and rolling like the Bronx I knew and loved when I was down there from 06-11. Kind of a shame.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

A Sox/Yankees 1 game playoff for the WC would be incredibly entertaining from a storylines perspective.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

The Yankees play last place Tampa for 3 games this weekend at home. They beat Tampa last night for their 5th straight win.
Meanwhile Boston goes against Toronta while Baltimore goes against Detroit.
Yankees are are only 4 games out of first place and Monday morning could be quite different in the standings.

I always consider the Yankees a threat, especially in September with a 5 game winning streak....and counting
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Sox on a decent roll...three straight road series wins...keep doing that...that should get it done...
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Man, the Sox could have used one the past 2 nights ... For as good as they have been it's still a razor thin margin ... 4 games separate the Sox, Orioles, Blue Jays, Tigers, Mariners, and Yankees... 17 games left, they go on a rough stretch here, 6-11, 7-10, even 8-9, they could find themselves in a tough spot ... Need to close it out strong.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Last night was a very tough loss. We have our 20 game winner on the mound against the Orioles, he goes 8 innings giving up only 4 hits and zero walks but an unfortunate HR in the 2nd. Teams up with the welcome addition back Uehara and they give up 5 hits, 0 walks and lose 1-0.
Very tough. Have to come back against the Yankees tonight.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

That's the good shit right there.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011