New York Football Giants

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

New York Football Giants

Unread post by eli#10 »

Not sure about the McAdoo hiring but think it was necessary to keep the offense moving in the right direction. They were afraid about the Eagles hiring him which would have meant a new OC for Eli and the probable revamping of the offense. The offense and Eli were great this past year but they did not get any recognition since the team didn't do anything.
I hear that Spagnolo will stay which I am OK with. Having said that they need to go out and get a lot of new defensive players for Spags to coach. They should be at least $50 million under the salary cap which they need to spend wisely mostly on the defensive side. Time for Jerry Reese to go out and get some players or he should be history.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: New York Football Giants

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Totally agree with all of this, eli.

Reese has to produce, or else. Most GM's would have been gone with their coach, but the Giants don't do things that way.

I know they won those 2 SB's, but they were more of "got hot at the right time" wins than anything else.

They certainly weren't any great shakes in the regular season. Their best season was after the 1st SB win, when Burress torpedoed any chance of getting back with his stupid shooting himself in the leg fiasco.

One thing they HAVE to do, is get a good tight end. And they need Cruz to finally come back.

The defense, they need pass rushers and DB's desperately. JPP is done, try as he might. He has to go, unfortunately.

This draft is huge, like you said. They have the opportunity to fill a lot of holes with the right moves.
0 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

The draft is obviously important but how much immediate help can you expect after the first 3 rounds? Eli is not getting any younger as time is not on our side. I think signing the right free agents is paramount.
On another note if Kuhn and Hosley make the team next year that means Reese has failed miserably in both the draft and free agency! Those guys were awful the past couple of years and Hosley was a third rounder.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

No you're right. It's important to draft well for the future, but Eli's time is now and Reese has to go after a few key free agents too.

Wish I was more confident in Reese. But his track record speaks for itself.

A few hits, but more misses.

He knows his job is on the line. He fails this season, he's done. But if he does fail, with all that cap room, it will take his successor a while to make up for his mistakes.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

We're spoiled up here. Most fans would die for 2 SB titles, not call for firing the GM. That being said didn't Accorsi lay a lot of the framework for Reese to succeed?
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

UCH, yeah the 2 SB wins were great, but there have been too many 6-10 type seasons around them.

Eli deserves better. He's a very good QB, but Reese has not helped much on both sides of the ball for a while.

Beckham is great, yes. But not enough help. They can't run, they can't convert third and short.

The defense is pathetic. They play hard, but their secondary can't cover a fire hydrant. No pass rush.

The linebackers give up a ton of yards up the middle.

A lot of holes.
0 x
860_rhody
Lamar Odom

Unread post by 860_rhody »

Don't understand how Reese gets a pass. He is the one who gave Coughlin nothing to work with. Giants need to draft better because they've gotten hardly anything from their recent late round picks.

I don't like the McAdoo as a coach. I think they needed a defensive coach, but he could turn out to be a gem.
Go GMEN
0 x