Kobe Bryant to Retire

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Kobe Bryant to Retire

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Coming from a Celtics fan, he's one of the greats. Glad to have seen him play.
0 x
GO RAMS
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Re: Kobe Bryant to Retire

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

I'm a diehard Lakers/Kobe fan. Those years when we played the Celtics in the finals was amazing.. I'm gonna miss that a lot.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

If you didn't catch Kobe's 60 point performance, including scoring the last 17 points en route to a comeback win.
Then you missed one of the most incredible things in sports history.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

One of the most remarkable fetes I've
ever seen in sports.
Granted, he did take 50 shots, but even so,
given the moment, amazing.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I have to say that on one level it is awesome that he dropped 60 in his last game. On the other hand, the game was a bit of a farce - like an all-star game or a globetrotter game, only it was all about one guy and everyone else were just extras. So it isn't like it was the most hard contested game ever. But still, he had to make the buckets. I watched the first half and rather enjoyed all the gunning. (I did not enjoy Flea's rendition of the Star Spangled Banner as much, though.)
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

I knew he was going to go out doing something special. I thought he was going to get 50 not 60... It was an amazing night for the NBA!
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I'm willing to admit that I guess I am probably wrong about this, because I haven't seen many others really saying it, but I felt like the whole thing was kind of ridiculous. It was basically like everyone went out there and agreed to let him score as much as possible. The dude took 50 shots, missed 15 threes, and everyone just stood around and watched.

The worst of it was on that last shot he took to give them the lead. Julius Randle set a screen and literally held on to the guy with both hands as he tried to fight through it and everyone was totally cool with it. Like TP said, it looked like a Globetrotters game. The whole thing felt like it was setup, had more the look of a WWE event then an NBA basketball game.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

It's great to say one day that I grew up hating/respecting/watching Kobe Bryant. Jalen Rose had the best quote saying something like , Kobe was the last of a dying breed of players who truly want to win and put the social media and camera glory to the side. "Because we do live in an era where you're down three touchdowns with a minute to go in the game, and you’re doing a touchdown celebration." I agree so much with this.
0 x
GO RAMS
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Agree, 05.
I disliked Kobe for years.
Then I realized, personal flaws aside, that like MJ, this guy had the
ingredient that makes for greatness.
Fire. The sheer competitive nature that makes it
impossible to accept anything but the best.
The relentless will to win.
Lamar Odom was there last night.
If he had half of Kobe's fire and competitive nature,
he'd have been an all time great.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

My father was a diehard Magic Johnson fan so I grew up in a Lakers house. The night Kobe Bryant won the dunk contest my dad and I watched together while he was in the hospital and we both agreed he was going to be our new favorite player. We watched the Lakers as much as we could and we actually saw Kobe play at the Garden a couple months before my father passed away. These past couple weeks I have been looking for my old Kobe Bryant jersey that he bought me and I couldn't find it anywhere. I obviously was extremely upset. I wake up yesterday morning, walk down my stairs, and I drop my phone near this box. For some reason I decide to open this box and of course I pull out my Kobe Bryant jersey. I'm not a very superstitious person, but I swear it felt like my dad was with me the minute I grabbed that jersey. It was so awesome to see Kobe go out that way!! It brought back many memories for me.
0 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Wish there was a "Like" button, Stevey.
That was nice.
0 x
steveystuds06
Sly Williams