Steven Spieth's Brother Leads Masters, Sets Record

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Steven Spieth's Brother Leads Masters, Sets Record

Unread post by TruePoint »

Jordan Spieth, the older brother of Brown guard Steven Spieth, has set the 36-hole record at Augusta, carding 64-66 and sitting at -14 for the tournament.

This is also likely the only time in his life Jordan will be referred to as "Steven's brother."
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Re: Steven Spieth's Brother Leads Masters, Sets Record

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Tiger who?
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

No offense to Spieth, but it was nice to see him come back to the pack a little bit yesterday. In the UConn women's thread I talked about how dominance in sports can be a funny thing. When Tiger ran away with the 97 Masters it was such a big story that my dad and I watched and we had never watched or played golf in our lives. We were amazed by what Tiger was doing and we started playing golf after that. This year Spieth started opening up the same type of lead and it started to kill my excitement for the tournament before I could even watch on the weekend.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:No offense to Spieth, but it was nice to see him come back to the pack a little bit yesterday. In the UConn women's thread I talked about how dominance in sports can be a funny thing. When Tiger ran away with the 97 Masters it was such a big story that my dad and I watched and we had never watched or played golf in our lives. We were amazed by what Tiger was doing and we started playing golf after that. This year Spieth started opening up the same type of lead and it started to kill my excitement for the tournament before I could even watch on the weekend.
No question. It's kind of a running joke this weekend among my buddies that Spieth is "ruining" the Masters. Like, Wednesday night we would have all told you we wanted him to win, but he's taken a lot of the drama out of it so far. I wouldn't mind seeing him shoot 73 or 74 today to see if one of the guys in the next two groups can put up a a number to beat him. Would have been great if Rory and/or Tiger started just a bit better and were within striking distance.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011