The Patriot Way

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: The Patriot Way

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

SmartyBarrett wrote:

Poor Emmanuel. Show me on the doll where the Patriots hurt you.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
The size of pro ath-a-lete's ego never fails to impress. Then again, probably need it to be that good...
Maybe he shoulda run all his routes on their side of the field so he could hear the coach's instructions better?
2 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:Really impressive to travel 2/3 of the way across the country on a short week to a place you historically struggle and take care of business like that when Brady had a poor game.

Agreed. Very solid game plan.
1 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Lucky they were playing Houston/Oswelier last night.
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

UCH21377 wrote:Lucky they were playing Houston/Oswelier last night.
That's for sure. That Houston defense was great. If they played any other offense, they probably would have lost. Unfortunately, there are no more Brocks on the schedule. He was really bad. And, his receivers couldn't catch a cold.
Last night convinced me that I want Pitt. next week. The Chiefs defensive line is better and that's what gave Brady fits last night.
The middle of offensive line had a strange game. They either broke down on plays or gave Brady all night to pass.

Unlike the idiots on the local sports shows, I anticipated a tough game last night.
Looking back, it may be better that it wasn't a blowout. Now they can keep that chip on their shoulder as they prepare for next week.
Hopefully, Mitchell will be back. Floyd had a chance to impress and failed. Brady either threw a perfect pass or a lousy one.

As always, I was holding my breathe in the last 4 minutes when the game was over. I'll never understand why Belichick keeps starters in to the end in games like that.

Saw an interesting, but true, quote on Facebook last night."We are really spoiled. We're the only fans that can win by 18 points and still be pissed."
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

What a game tonight by the Packers and Cowboys.....you can't give the #12 on GB any time or he'll beat you.....that plus a FG kicker who never misses.....

having said that, you have to give Dallas credit.....a rookie QB almost came back from 18 points down.....Prescott is a gamer and so is Elliot and that offensive line...whoa....bright future if you're a Cowboys fan [which I'm not]

The Giants have their work cut out for them if they're going to win their division any time soon.....

I will say...the Atlanta/GB game will be a track meet......neither will be a cakewalk for the Pats.....
Last edited by rambone 78 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I thought at the time a mistake for Dallas to alike the ball on 1st down to stop the clock with about 50 seconds to go.
Then Dallas throws for about 7 yards, then it's 3rd down and incomplete pass.....now have to hold for FG to tie it. But if Dallas had not spiked it and wasted the first down they could have continued to drive closer and possibly go for the outright win.

But, Dallas leaves 28 seconds on the clock and what should have been OT in their own stadium they lose on FG. A hate those spikes and blowing the down.
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

ramster wrote:I thought at the time a mistake for Dallas to alike the ball on 1st down to stop the clock with about 50 seconds to go.
Then Dallas throws for about 7 yards, then it's 3rd down and incomplete pass.....now have to hold for FG to tie it. But if Dallas had not spiked it and wasted the first down they could have continued to drive closer and possibly go for the outright win.

But, Dallas leaves 28 seconds on the clock and what should have been OT in their own stadium they lose on FG. A hate those spikes and blowing the down.
Absolutely. they really needed that play, and so what if the clock runs some more. What they didn't need (obviously) was Rodgers with the ball, a few seconds, and a chance to win.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Hard to believe AR held onto that ball on the sack just before the 36 yd. pass......

Anyway sports fans....who will win tomorrow? I've got Atlanta in a barnburner over GB......AR's receivers are banged up.

I'll take either over the Pats in the SB though.....sorry not feeling it for Brady and co. although I expect they will beat the Steelers to get there.

Matt Ryan or AR will be at least a match for TB......Pats have feasted on teams with bad QB's....not this time.
0 x
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

I think Atlanta will win if their defense plays like it did against the Cowboys. It was impressive and that's not something Atlanta is typically known for.
I think the Pats will win tomorrow. Lewis is going to give the Steelers fits.
If the Pats can win tomorrow and escape with very few injuries, I think they'll beat whoever wins the Atlanta vs. Green Bay game in the Super Bowl. I think the Patriots defense continues to play better with each passing game and will give either team serious problems in the Super Bowl. They only allow 15.6 points per game...essentially two touchdowns. That is an incredible stat. Plus, they have experience with being in a Super Bowl, which will allow them to handle the atmosphere and emotions a little better than the other team. In addition to all of that, the Pats already played against the number 1 defense in the league and put up over 30 points in that game, so I'd say they've got a really good shot at winning it all this year.
Last edited by The Dude 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
1 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

I also think Atlanta will win the first game. That offense is scary.
However, I have a very bad feeling about the Pats today. This could be the week where playing such a weak schedule comes back to bite them. If Gronk was playing, I'd feel differently. He kills Pitt.
I'm expecting to see another week of the three man rush with Logan Ryan chasing his man all day. Hope I'm wrong and I usually am.
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

The Dude wrote:I think Atlanta will win if their defense plays like it did against the Cowboys. It was impressive and that's not something Atlanta is typically known for.
I think the Pats will win tomorrow. Lewis is going to give the Steelers fits.
If the Pats can win tomorrow and escape with very few injuries, I think they'll beat whoever wins the Atlanta vs. Green Bay game in the Super Bowl. I think the Patriots defense continues to play better with each passing game and will give either team serious problems in the Super Bowl. They only allow 15.6 points per game...essentially two touchdowns. That is an incredible stat. Plus, they have experience with being in a Super Bowl, which will allow them to handle the atmosphere and emotions a little better than the other team. In addition to all of that, the Pats already played against the number 1 defense in the league and put up over 30 points in that game, so I'd say they've got a really good shot at winning it all this year.
I bow to your prediction. Thankfully, I'm always wrong.
Each time I've posted my doubts, they make me look bad. But, that's ok with me.

In two weeks, I'll predict an Atlanta win to seal the deal. Go Pats.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

The Pats love to play the Steelers....they play zone, and tonight they made Hogan look like Jerry Rice.....

And that ridiculous offensive sequence when Pittsburgh had 1st and goal at the one....the OC should have been fired on the spot....

The Pats will FINALLY play an offense that can match theirs and then some in the SB.....maybe we will finally have a good game...it will be a close one.

The Falcons' D, while not great, will play man defense and challenge the Pats' receivers at the line...something Pittsburgh did not do and never does

....you would think that they would have learned something from what the Giants did against them in those SB's....but no......

The Pats play this type of defense...why others don't is very strange. ATL however has mucho more weapons than the Steelers.
Last edited by rambone 78 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I was surprised how many people predicted a Steelers win, we've matched up with them so well since 2001 it's insane.

Does Atlanta really have more weapons than Pittsburgh?
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

RR2, yes.....they have several quality receivers who can stretch the field...if the Pats try to take away Julio Jones, the Falcons have several other options...and they can run the ball too. 5th best run offense in the league.

I can see the Pats trying to run Blount as much as possible to keep the ATL offense off the field...which is ironic since most teams want to run to keep Brady off the field...roles reversed.

The Pats defense will face their biggest test of the season, by far.

As far as predictions go, I predicted an ATL-NE SB a month ago. Of course picking NE was a no brainer.

SB prediction? 31-30. Falcons.
0 x
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Unread post by The Dude »

I'm not sure who will win this Super Bowl. The Falcons defense has looked really good the last couple of games. The Patriots defense has looked good as well. As far as the defenses go, I think it's a toss up. In the end I think the game will come down to experience of being in a Super Bowl and how the special-teams play. I think that will be the difference.
It is for those reasons that I feel the Patriots hold the edge and will likely win a tight game. I think the Patriots will have slightly better field position and will create a key turnover that will help them to stay ahead of the Falcons.
Last edited by The Dude 7 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
0 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Go patssssss let's dominate
0 x
GO RAMS
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

I have a bad feeling about this. Atlanta may be better than people think.
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

So far, this doesn't look good. No outside coverage on running plays and Logan Ryan on Jones. Wow.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Falcons baby!
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

This could be over by halftime.
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

It's over.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Eh...not over. But, what's interesting is that Lady Gaga is out there...performing...and hasn't yet made a political statement...
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Every commercial seems to be a political statement.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Yep...as the left continues to alienate...and thereby diminish their own numbers...
Even Lady Gaga had more sense than that... :lol:
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:Yep...as the left continues to alienate...and thereby diminish their own numbers...
I actually thought she was pretty good.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramfan85 wrote:
NYGFan_Section208 wrote:Yep...as the left continues to alienate...and thereby diminish their own numbers...
I actually thought she was pretty good.
ME TOO! (Was surprised how many of her songs I knew)
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramfan85 wrote:It's over.
Then again...perhaps not....
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Just like I said, they had it all along..lol
I saw it and I still don't believe it.
0 x
Shinze88
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Shinze88 »

Biggest gag job I've seen since the 1998 Stanford game. Falcons should be ashamed of that 2nd half performance.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

There's a new "The Catch" in town....
0 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unbelievable. Atlanta did not deliver the knockout blow and it cost them.
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:There's a new "The Catch" in town....
Yes. And this time, it's by a Patriot.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Hi haters
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Second best comeback I've ever witnessed behind the 2004 Red Sox. Both considered impossible, GO PATS!
0 x
GO RAMS
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Let's Goooooooooooooooo !
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Atlanta kicks a FG on that drive when they were up 28-20...game over.

Absolutely STUPID play call to attempt a pass when 2 runs would have taken time off the clock, cost the Pats their last 2 timeouts....and made it 31-20. Their kicker was almost automatic from that distance the FG would have been.

The Pats are very good yes, but they have won their last 2 SB's because of their opponent's boneheaded mistakes......
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

I guess they should give those back?? Maybe it works both ways and the Patriots successfully executed virtually every must-have play down the stretch where any failure along the way would have prevented them from tying in regulation. Maybe they prepare better?
2 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Maybe there's a reason why teams seem to screw up at the end of these big games against the Pats. No team gets in opponents heads like the Patriots.
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Patriots have proven over more than a decade that they have the correct balance of talent/skill/depth/coaching/quarterback it takes to consistently win in a league designed to prevent consistent winning.
3 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

What the Patriots have done since 2001, has been the most incredible thing in professional sports history. Probably in sports history, period.
I am no pats fan either.
To do what they have done in today's NFL is unprecedented.
Since 2001 their worst season was when they went 9-7 in 2002, missing the playoffs on a tiebreaker.
Their next worst year was 2008 when they missed the playoffs, but went 11-5 with Matt Cassell at QB!
Almost every other team could only dream of being half that successful.
Also, is Tom Brady an android?
4 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Amazing 11-5 was what the Falcons did this season that got them the top NFC seed.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

As a die-hard New England sports fan, I literally had no doubt in my mind that we would score on that final OT drive, no explanation for it, it was a feeling I had and it was surreal, which I haven't felt since the 2004 World Series.
1 x
GO RAMS
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I guess the only SB opponent Brady has had that hasn't fallen under their spell is.......the Giants.

Rhodymob05, I knew the game was over when they tied it. The Falcons weren't going to stop that momentum.
3 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Couldn't think of a better way to celebrate than lighting things on fire and messing up the campus?

Although jumping in and swimming in the pond is a nice touch.
Last edited by RhowdyRam02 7 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

To me everything is game in these vidoes, EXCEPT starting fires and acting like those morons that destroyed property. Also, The Pats and the trophy will be at the Dunk today after the parade in Boston at 4pm!
0 x
GO RAMS
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Now, we're on to the draft.
0 x