The Patriot Way

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Re: The Patriot Way

Unread post by theblueram »

My brother called me from Iraq and everyone was bitching that AFN (Armed Forces Network) was shutting down due to the impasse and no football was going to be broadcast. I guess the bitching did some good as they are now going to only show AFN sports. Would have been tough on the dems if the entire deployed combat forces could not see the championship games. GO PATS!!!!!!
1 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

Will never see a run like this again in my lifetime.. Use to trudge to Schaefer stadium with my dad for years and walk away every week saying how did they lose this one.. Now you watch them and say how did they win this one... Amazing
4 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

ram1980 wrote:Will never see a run like this again in my lifetime.. Use to trudge to Schaefer stadium with my dad for years and walk away every week saying how did they lose this one.. Now you watch them and say how did they win this one... Amazing
Not sure there's any 'end' to this run in sight...is there?
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

The end is undefeated...it always wins....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

1 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

I worry about EVERY game....
2 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

No need to worry if your a Pats fan. It'snot like you're playing the Giants.

Speaking of Pats/Giants...the Two Bills 30 for 30 is pretty interesting...
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

The Pats run is approaching it's end.....this Tom vs. Time thing is silly....time ALWAYS wins.

I think Belicheck and Brady leave together.....I doubt it's after this game, but it's coming and soon.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:No need to worry if your a Pats fan. It'snot like you're playing the Giants.

Got it TiVo'd...

Speaking of TiVo - is there a way to get things on my tivo to my pc through my network? Do I need special equipment?
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

steviep123 wrote:
NYGFan_Section208 wrote:No need to worry if your a Pats fan. It'snot like you're playing the Giants.

Got it TiVo'd...

Speaking of TiVo - is there a way to get things on my tivo to my pc through my network? Do I need special equipment?
You might be one of the five people left with a TiVo, so, you'd probably know better than us. :) Typically though, it's tough to do cable-to-PC anything, because of concerns about piracy. It's usually easy to go PC-to-TV with an HDMI cable. (My laptop lets me just plug in a cable to connect the two.)
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

SGreenwell wrote:
steviep123 wrote:

Got it TiVo'd...

You might be one of the five people left with a TiVo, so, you'd probably know better than us. :) Typically though, it's tough to do cable-to-PC anything, because of concerns about piracy. It's usually easy to go PC-to-TV with an HDMI cable. (My laptop lets me just plug in a cable to connect the two.)
RCN is my Cable provider and their DVR is by TiVo. Anyone (at least in my area) that has RCN has a TiVo box.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Tivo is going strong, believe it or not. I have it and it's great.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Spoiler alert: Pats win, Philly trashes city anyway.
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:Spoiler alert: Pats win, Philly trashes city anyway.
Not yet.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Well woulda look at that...
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Defense didn’t show up...

0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Congrats Ace! Hope they don’t burn down your block!!
2 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

As my wife said before the Super Bowl, if we had to choose between the Pats winning or URI going deep in the NCAAT she would pick URI.
3 x
Slava Ukraini!
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

NFL fans:

"The league is fixed for the Patriots!!1!11!"

NFL:

"Hold my beer"

/changes catch rule on the fly
3 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

Well, can't win them all. It's been an exciting year. The Eagles played great and earned their victory.
Would have liked to have seen the defense do something, however. It's amazing they got this far with that cast of characters on defense.
I'll never understand what they see in Jordan Richards. Bill must see something I'm missing.
But, onward and upward.
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

And what was the deal not playing Butler?
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Rhody74 wrote:And what was the deal not playing Butler?
That's the question of the day. He must have done somewhere thing in the past few days.
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

can't think of a greater super bowl
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

What a game....Pats have nothing to be ashamed of.....it seems every SB they are in it comes down to a play or 2.....tonight the Eagles made the key plays.....a couple of ballsy calls made the difference....if they don't convert those the Pats win again.

Congrats Ace....stay safe.

This imo is the beginning of the end of the Pats dynasty.
1 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Way to go Eagles !!! Just a great season for the Birds and finally they went all the way . What a shootout that was though .
Two incredible and entertaining Super Bowls in a row . Wait until you see what a parade they will be having in Philadelphia .
The Eagles did it , why not the URI Rams winning the Big Dance this year ? Probably no more improbable than the Eagles winning
the Super Bowl when the season started and then finishing it with their back up quarterback. Start considering the possibility .
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

As someone with no real rooting interest, that's just what you want to see...offense offense and more offense. I thought both teams were going to score more points than Syracuse did against UVA....
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

twisted3829 wrote:can't think of a greater super bowl
Super Bowl LI
2 x
Slava Ukraini!
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

luke, rhodyhooopz, and anyone else I missed- YES!!!!! This has been so long in coming, enjoy the hell out of it!

And the Super Bowl MVP has already lost his starting job for next year. What a weird and wonderful season it has been.
1 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

I agree with Rambone that this game may have been the beginning of the end of the dynasty.
0 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

ace wrote:luke, rhodyhooopz, and anyone else I missed- YES!!!!! This has been so long in coming, enjoy the hell out of it!

And the Super Bowl MVP has already lost his starting job for next year. What a weird and wonderful season it has been.

I will be bringing the entire family down to Philly for the parade on Thursday! Only one more sports dream left to accomplish!!! Come on Rhody let's make that Final 4
1 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
steviep123
Sly Williams

UCH21377 wrote:I agree with Rambone that this game may have been the beginning of the end of the dynasty.
Congrats to ace, luke, rhodyhooopz, and any other Eagles fan on the board. But I disagree it's the beginning of the end of the dynasty. While nothing, especially a Super Bowl is guaranteed, the rest of the AFC is so bad, especially the AFC East, that unless one of them gets a decent quarterback, I don't see anyone else winning that division for the next 3 to 5 years, and the Pats are more likely than not to get a first round bye and a good chance to go to the AFC Championship game again at least next year and a couple beyond. If Brady declines a little, he'll still be a top 5 quarterback.

That said, now that Rodgers is back and they replaced a lot of their coaching/gm positions, I'm looking forward to the Packers challenging the NFC again. Unfortunately, they kept their head coach, who has blown 2 NFC championship games (Jan 07 and Jan 15 - the blowout vs. Atlanta doesn't count, but if they didn't tank the middle of that season, that game would have been at home), along with a 15-1 season. So as long as he's still in charge, I don't trust them to win a Super Bowl. They were lucky to win the one they did. They were the 6 seed, making the playoffs by the skin of their teeth, but upset Philly, Atlanta, and Chicago all on the road and were on the verge of blowing out Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl before letting them back in the game. I know, I sound petty, but with the right coaching, Green Bay could have been the Patriots of the NFC. How do you have 2 franchise QBs like Favre and Rodgers over the course of 26 years and only get to 3 Super Bowls?

Anyway, congrats to Eagles fans. The Eagles totally outclassed the Pats on offense. They just couldn't be stopped.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Imo Brady has played in his last SB........too many things working against them to make it back.

Assistants leaving....Gronk maybe retiring.....Butler will be gone....what was up with that?....and Brady has to start slowing down some.....he'll know when it's time to quit. Sure he could play until he's 45....but how well?

I give him and Belicheck another year, 2 tops...
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

rambone 78 wrote:Imo Brady has played in his last SB........too many things working against them to make it back.

Assistants leaving....Gronk maybe retiring.....Butler will be gone....what was up with that?....and Brady has to start slowing down some.....he'll know when it's time to quit. Sure he could play until he's 45....but how well?

I give him and Belicheck another year, 2 tops...
If you're right rambone, Belicheck and pats fans will be kicking themselves for not playing Butler. I'm not saying the Pats win with Butler, but Butler is their best tackler and the Pats missed A LOT of tackles Sunday. The pats D was awful. Butler certainly would have helped. Perhaps the Eagles would have come off the field on 3rd down just once, forcing one more punt. Could have been the difference. Certainly wouldn't have hurt. I would love to know why he was not in the game, but dressed. Belicheck and Patricia saying they put the team with the best chance of success out on the field is BS. I get it, if Butler broke some team rule or there was a valid reason for him to sit, then fine. But you can't tell me the Pats were better off with Butler on the sidelines.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

rambone 78
Frank Keaney

I agree....if Butler would have played, at least the 2nd half anyway, he would have made a play or 2 and that might have made the difference.

Butler had to have done something that pissed Belicheck off, big time. The look on his face before the game [Butler's] looked like a guy that knew he wasn't going to play.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Whoa:

0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

steviep123
Sly Williams

Rumor is, BB retires after next season and Josh takes over in 2019. Wow! Didn't see that coming.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Makes a lot of sense.
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Only the Colts would sign all their assistants without signing a head coach.

Payback for Deflategate...Love it!
Last edited by ramfan85 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

steviep123 wrote:Rumor is, BB retires after next season and Josh takes over in 2019. Wow! Didn't see that coming.
BB’s heir apparent was my first thought. It keeps TB happy, too.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

TB and BB are going out together after next season....imo the decline of TB starts next season. He won't play if he can no longer play at the level he's accustomed to.

He won't stay too long like so many have, in other sports too.
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

rambone 78 wrote:TB and BB are going out together after next season....imo the decline of TB starts next season. He won't play if he can no longer play at the level he's accustomed to.

He won't stay too long like so many have, in other sports too.
Someone's been listening to Max Kellerman. Lol
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

steviep123 wrote:Rumor is, BB retires after next season and Josh takes over in 2019. Wow! Didn't see that coming.
So this is a reasonable assumption, I guess, but Schefter's story seemed to go out of its way to knock this down. I don't doubt that he got an assurance he is the coach-in-waiting, but Belichick will keep coaching as long as he wants, and I doubt that he has made a final decision about that at this point.
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

All this talk of Brady and Gronk not coming back....a ploy by them to get back at Belicheck for the trainer issue imo....
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Looks like the Pats have some serious competition for the best record in the AFC and the home AFC championship game if they both get there.

Way early of course, but the Jags look like the real deal.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Picking up Josh Gordon could be huge if he straightens himself out, or it could be a huge headache.

This move kind of smells like a desperation play by the Pats.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

They should have kept Amendola in my opinion.....
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

rambone 78 wrote: 5 years ago Picking up Josh Gordon could be huge if he straightens himself out, or it could be a huge headache.

This move kind of smells like a desperation play by the Pats.
Why would it be a headache? They spent a fifth round pick, if it's not working and not going to work he'll be gone
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Great move by the Pats. If Gordon stays on the field he’s an elite receiver on an affordable contract, if he doesn’t, they cut him and essentially flipped a late 5th for an early 7th.
1 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Ramulous wrote: 5 years ago They should have kept Amendola in my opinion.....
I totally agree. I'd like to know how much they're spending on these stiffs to TRY to replace him. it's amazing (and ridiculous) that a team of this calibre would be constantly scrambling for receivers.
1 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

To be fair, when the Patriots let Amendola walk, they thought they were going to have Edelman for a full 16.
At that time, it was essentially a swap of Amendola for Edelman (which would be a Patriots win given that Edelman is better than Amendola given health).
What really messed it up was when they went and traded Brandin Cooks, and went and signed Jordan Matthews to replace him two days later.
Matthews was a bust, which amplified the problem.
They thought, let's get around the issue by boosting the offensive line and running back core, but those pieces have almost all been busts as well.
Wynn tore his ACL (magnified more by Cannon's injuries), Hill tore his ACL, and Michel & Burkhead have had knee issues their own.
Trent Brown is the one piece that was brought in that has helped, but he was just a replacement for Solder.
At this time, the line, RB's, and WR's are all worse than last year, which is partly bad luck and partly poor planning.

Now, I know Gordon has boom or bust potential, but I too don't hate the trade.
If the Pats can get Gordon to walk a straight line for the remainder of the season, and he can catch 50 passes for 700 yards and 5 TD's, it's a hands down, slam dunk win.
1 x