How 'bout them Cowboys? Not.

NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA, BPL... you get it
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

How 'bout them Cowboys? Not.

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Well cowpokes fans, it's time for Big D to take their annual dump.

Romo is beat up, and the defense is finally getting exposed.

They should have lost to the Giants last week, but the Giants don't have a defense either.

Have you ever seen a QB have more time to throw, then Romo did on their last TD pass?

More losses to come. True dat.

They MIGHT make the playoffs, but don't hold your breath.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Re: How 'bout them Cowboys? Not.

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

The Cowboys haven't done anything in over a decade at least.
I don't get the allure some have for them.
I can understand if someone was a fan of theirs when they were a powerhouse
team, and are still loyal.
Not getting newer fans, though. Then there's the Raiders..............
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

Everyone loves to hate on the cowboys
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

twisted3829 wrote:Everyone loves to hate on the cowboys
The media and the Cowboys make them easy to hate. But yeah, was anyone actually buying the Cowboys at 6-1. Same old frauds!
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

so much for that dump
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

I'm still not buying on the Cowboys. They could easily lose to the Colts next week and with an Eagles win be back in 2nd place.

I know the Boys already beat the Seahawks and the Pack just lost to the Bills but c'mon is anyone really buying that the Cowboys can beat either of those teams in the playoffs.

Cowboys fan are insufferable too. They think Romo and the rest of them should get a trophy for doing what good teams are supposed to do in December.

I stand by my thoughts that the Cowboys are frauds.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Well, they took a pretty good punch from the Eagles,
after blowing a 21 point lead, and came right back.
Dez Bryant is the latest in the Terrell Owens mode.
Great talent, but a total prima donna.
Can't believe the game Aaron Rodgers had in Buffalo. He's had three picks all
season and had two yesterday and 30% completions.
Ya never know in the NFL.
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

They're such an east team to hate. Bryant may be the best wr in football. The Pats passed on him. Good choice. I wouldn't want him anywhere near my team. TV showed Jerry Jones in the booth more than they showed Romo on the field.
I'd love to see the Pats play them in the SB. Doubt it will happen, though.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I used to hate the Cowboys more than any other team in sports, but it has become too trendy and cliche to hate them, so now I root for them. Not rabidly or passionately, but I'd rather see them win than see them lose, mostly because everyone else is rooting for them to lose. I feel similarly about Romo. It has been become a mindless exercise for people to bash the guy, to the point that he might be the most underrated and underappreciated QB of this generation. Did you know he is second in the league in QBR this year, only a fraction behind Rodgers and well ahead of Manning? Cowboys fans are still the worst, even though I'd like to see the Cowboys do well. They complain about Romo like he is worst QB in the league....they deserve for him to sit out the rest of the year so they watch Brandon Weeden and know what truly atrocious QB play looks like.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

nice choke job by the Eagles this year, 9-3 entering December and are 0-3 thus far
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
gorhody89
ARD

Unread post by gorhody89 »

How Bout Them Cowboys indeed....I never saw this topic but I am in fact a die hard Cowboys fan, which mostly consists of them being good enough to get your hopes up only to break your heart.

But I am not falling for it this year...The offense and Tony Romo are definitely a super bowl caliber offense however that defense is still terrible which puts so much pressure on the offense to be flawless...The commitment to the running game has been refreshing and I see a change in the culture in Big D under Garrett but they are a year or 2 away(if Romo's back holds up) from being a true contender. I see some decent young players on defense but they need another draft focusing on the defensive line and a healthy Sean Lee to be a true threat for a ring...

Side note if anyone ever takes a trip to the Dallas area(I don't live there just been to a few games) I strongly advise taking a tour of the new stadium. It really is like something out of Star Wars and seeing it on TV does not do it justice.
0 x
Clapton is God
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I can vouch for that stadium. I believe the first time I saw it was when I was about 7-8 miles away. It's just absolutely gigantic. The scoreboard is so big it has its own gravitational pull, your head just automatically goes right up to look at it. And if you take a tour, bring a football because they let you play. Playing football for about 30-45 minutes inside Cowboys Stadium was definitely a really awesome experience.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

What a disgrace that reversed call on the pass interference. Even the ex-NFL supervisor of officials said it was obvious.

Somebody really wanted Cowboys-Packers I guess.

Stuff like this really makes you wonder.

If I was a Lions fan I would be PISSED.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Total farce.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

as a cowboys fan i agree with the no PI, not the way it was though (announcing then taking it back). But, that's what you get when you get refs from different crews working together instead of using the same crews the first 2 weeks then all star crews
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

It can also be said that it is trendy or cliche to be a Pats fan and to hate on TB.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Karma for that dirty bum Suh getting his suspension nullified.
0 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Bizarre call, but the NFL has been full of them on and off the field this year. It was only two weeks ago that there was the bizarre fourth-then-first down in the Patriots vs. Jets game.

I do think the increase in camera technology - HD, and just more of them everywhere - has probably led to officiating being seen as worse now though, when it probably isn't. Like it's hard for me to believe that 1960s NBA or NFL officiating was better than it is now, it's just that it's easy to see every single mistake with how precise the cameras are, and they're everywhere on the field / court..
0 x
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

I'm tired of seeing a penalty on every punt return.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I actually thought it was a good no call. The officials would have definitely been justified in enforcing the penalty, but at the same time PI should be called when the defender tackles a receiver and not when he makes a little contact breaking up a pass. Calling that kind if ticky-tack foul in that situation would have probably been worse to the Cowboys than a no call was to the Lions.

As far as Mike Pereira's opinion on it, that guy is a complete imbecile and knowing he once held a job with any actual authority over the game of football undermines any credibility the refs might have had with me - and goes a long way in explaining why the officiating is often so head-scratching. Listening to his logic in explaining why agrees or disagrees with a call or listening to him explain how he sees a certain replay is a great reminder that officials are human and not perfect, or even necessarily very bright.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

The defender never once looked back for the ball, and jammed the
reciever when he went for the ball. Pereira's explanation was exactly
what the rule states.
0 x
gorhody89
ARD

While the defender's head was not turned around there was very very little contact...that call could have been made either way....either way with all the bad luck and bad calls I have seen go against the cowboys in the last decade I will take it any way I can get it...
0 x
Clapton is God
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

The call could have gone either way IMO. What was the most puzzling to me was the fact that Dez Bryant ran onto the field to argue the call without his helmet on, which is/should be an immediate unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. There's not much ambiguity there (like there is with PI). Where was the flag for that?
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

They should have Bryant and Suh wrestle at midfield for the
Most Obnoxious NFL player.
The winner gets to wrestle Richard Sherman for the belt.
0 x
gorhody89
ARD

Ill take Dez, Suh, and Sherman on my team any day
0 x
Clapton is God
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

rodfromcranston wrote:The defender never once looked back for the ball, and jammed the
reciever when he went for the ball. Pereira's explanation was exactly
what the rule states.
That's exactly what I mean. Who cares whether he turned his head? That is not in the rule, it is just an easy device used by the officials to determine whether the defender made a play on the ball. It has become the football version of common law, in no small part because dipshits like Mike Pereira have allowed it. There is no logical reason why a player cannot make a play on the ball without turning his head around. He can tell the ball is coming based on the receiver's actions. That Mike Pereira makes the issue solely about whether the defensive player turned his head is him spreading his stupidity to the masses on television, and it should be stopped before he does more damage to the game.

I'd take Suh and Dez on my team any day. I get why people don't like Suh, but I have no clue why people don't like Dez. I like him a lot.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Because Dez is a self absorbed psycho in the Terrell Owens/Chad Johnson mold.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

No he isn't. I don't know who told you that. And also, Chad Johnson and Owens aren't even close to being the same type of guy; they have almost nothing in common except for playing WR. Those are three different types of dudes. It seems like almost every WR ever exhibits at least some amount of self absorbed behavior but that doesn't make them psychos or bad guys (just TO would qualify as that from the group you mentioned).

The other point about the PI no call that seems to have been lost a little bit is that there was hardly even any contact at all, nevermind that the contact that did take place looked legal to me.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Did you miss his loony act all these years????? Come on!

I think a and b were both happening on that play.
This from the NFL:
Actions that constitute defensive pass interference include but are not limited to:

(a) Contact by a defender who is not playing the ball and such contact restricts the receiver’s opportunity to make the catch.

(b) Playing through the back of a receiver in an attempt to make a play on the ball.

(c) Grabbing a receiver’s arm(s) in such a manner that restricts his opportunity to catch a pass.

(d) Extending an arm across the body of a receiver thus restricting his ability to catch a pass, regardless of whether the defender is playing the ball.

(e) Cutting off the path of a receiver by making contact with him without playing the ball.

(f) Hooking a receiver in an attempt to get to the ball in such a manner that it causes the receiver’s body to turn prior to the ball arriving.

Actions that do not constitute pass interference include but are not limited to:

(a) Incidental contact by a defender’s hands, arms, or body when both players are competing for the ball, or neither player is looking for the ball. If there is any question whether contact is incidental, the ruling shall be no interference.

(b) Inadvertent tangling of feet when both players are playing the ball or neither player is playing the ball.

(c) Contact that would normally be considered pass interference, but the pass is clearly uncatchable by the involved players.

(d) Laying a hand on a receiver that does not restrict the receiver in an attempt to make a play on the ball.

(e) Contact by a defender who has gained position on a receiver in an attempt to catch the ball.

Actions that constitute offensive pass interference include but are not limited to:

(a) Blocking downfield by an offensive player prior to the ball being touched.

(b) Initiating contact with a defender by shoving or pushing off thus creating a separation in an attempt to catch a pass.

(c) Driving through a defender who has established a position on the field.

Actions that do not constitute offensive pass interference include but are not limited to:

(a) Incidental contact by a receiver’s hands, arms, or body when both players are competing for the ball or neither player is looking for the ball.

(b) Inadvertent touching of feet when both players are playing the ball or neither player is playing the ball.

(c) Contact that would normally be considered pass interference, but the ball is clearly uncatchable by involved players.

Note 1: If there is any question whether player contact is incidental, the ruling should be no interference.

Note 2: Defensive players have as much right to the path of the ball as eligible offensive players.

Note 3: Pass interference for both teams ends when the pass is touched.

Note 4: There can be no pass interference at or behind the line of scrimmage, but defensive actions such as tackling a receiver can still result in a 5-yard penalty for defensive holding, if accepted.

Note 5: Whenever a team presents an apparent punting formation, defensive pass interference is not to be called for action on the end man on the line of scrimmage, or an eligible receiver behind the line of scrimmage who is aligned or in motion more than one yard outside the end man on the line. Defensive holding, such as tackling a receiver, still can be called and result in a 5-yard penalty and automatic first down from the previous spot, if accepted. Offensive pass interference rules still apply.
0 x
gorhody89
ARD

It really is a misconception that Dez is a self absorbed psycho like T.O...Both players were on my Cowboys Dez is nothing like T.O...He has never thrown any of his teammates under the bus, complained about not getting the ball, or done anything but play and practice at 100%...He screams on the sideline just like 95% of the players in the league when the team is not playing well but the camera is always on him and people ASSUME he is complaining about not getting the ball
0 x
Clapton is God
gorhody89
ARD

Rod I think B) playing through the back of the receiver...is when the receiver is closer to the QB and ball and the defender is closing in on the WR and goes over his back to get his hand on the ball but makes contact with the receivers back before the ball gets to the WR...

The key to the no call is that there was very very minimal contact...In response to Dez supposed to get a flag for unsportsmanlike contact, Mike Golic said that refs always give the player a warning and a chance to get back on the sideline before throwing a flag
0 x
Clapton is God
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Dez has grown up immensely since he first got into the league, he may be the most passionate player in the league and sometimes people judge his actions wrong. The cowboys better lock him up with a big contract
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Here's something on St. Dez, who must be a swell guy, beating up his own mother:

The law suits from stiffed jewelers for nearly $900,000 aren't a distraction?

The domestic violence charge for allegedly striking his biological mother wasn't?

Or how about yelling at his boss and QB on Sunday?

It's fair to say Garrett was far too busy to deal with a petulant child against the Lions, but afterward he should have addressed this in an honest fashion. Now, he, Romo and Dooley come off as impotent leaders beholden to the star receiver, something even Jerry Jones played into.
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

All you mentioned were back in college, over 5 years ago
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Bullshit, He was arrested in 2012 for beating up his mother.
His sideline tantrums about not getting the ball thrown to him were in Dallas.
So, he's not responsible for his actions in the past? Please.
Charles Manson hasn't killed anyone in 40 years. Maybe that's OK with you, too.
After all, it was a long time ago, right?
Love how people become enablers because they like a player or his team.
0 x
gorhody89
ARD

rodfromcranston wrote:Here's something on St. Dez, who must be a swell guy, beating up his own mother:

The law suits from stiffed jewelers for nearly $900,000 aren't a distraction?

The domestic violence charge for allegedly striking his biological mother wasn't?

Or how about yelling at his boss and QB on Sunday?

It's fair to say Garrett was far too busy to deal with a petulant child against the Lions, but afterward he should have addressed this in an honest fashion. Now, he, Romo and Dooley come off as impotent leaders beholden to the star receiver, something even Jerry Jones played into.

Rod what do you know about his mother? she spent years in prison for selling crack and has been rumored to being a prostitute...the lawsuit got thrown out and I am pretty sure it came out that she was trying to get a chunk of money out of her own son...

The Jewelers and mom thing happened his rookie year, as twisted said he has grown up a ton since then and hasnt done anything in the last few years
0 x
Clapton is God
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

His mother didn't sue him, the cops arrested him for domestic assault.
The big tantrum over being outplayed by Megatron was in 2013.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

From a former official:

0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Another instance of St. Dez being unable to control himself.
15 yards for unsportsman like conduct might have changed the outcome,
but the refs chose to favor the Cowboys once again by looking the other way.
Think this shit happens on the Patriots?
Last edited by rodfromcranston 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
gorhody89
ARD

The tantrum was because they took their foot off the gas and blew a 24 point 4th quarter lead
0 x
Clapton is God
gorhody89
ARD

As I said before Mike Golic and Chris Carter this morning were saying that ref's always give players a chance to get back to the sideline before throwing a flag...how true that is idk but that is what they said....

No question Dez would not fit in with the Patriots and I admire how the Pats are run but they also would prob pass on Michael Irvin
0 x
Clapton is God
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

That was the spin they put on it.
It wasn't about Calvin Johnson's 329 yards on 14 catches?
Uh, huh.....
Cowboys traded up with the Pats to get Bryant. So, Belichick did pass on him.
Belichick did get Randy Moss and Ocho Cinco, so he's not totally adverse to high strung WRs.
0 x
gorhody89
ARD

Who wouldn't be pissed about blowing a 24 point 4th quarter lead???
0 x
Clapton is God
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

because Belichick always takes angels and good citizens
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Whatever happens off the field in Foxboro, NOBODY
acts up on the sidelines or during games.
Even alleged murderers.
0 x
gorhody89
ARD

I have seen Brady yell at his receivers and linemen all the time when things are not going well...With Brady it is "look at his passion" with Dez it is "he is yelling at everyone for not getting the ball"
0 x
Clapton is God
gorhody89
ARD

That being said Brady deserves all benefit of the doubt with the career he has had and always restructuring his contract and taking less money to help the team...

I just think people jump to conclusions with Dez too quickly...T.O. accused Romo of having secret meetings with Garrett and Witten to design plays to keep the ball away from T.O, he threw every QB he ever had under the bus...Dez has never done any of those things

Whatever Dallas won the game because of Romo and not a missed pass interference call
0 x
Clapton is God
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Brady can yell at other players on the sideline if he wants, because, he's earned it.
He's also the leader of the offense, no WR ever is. They're the high strung
pampered poodles of the NFL.
Gronk said all Brady did in year one was yell at him.
Bryant hasn't won anything, so he should just shut up and play.
All said, I hope Dallas beats The Seahawks. I can't stand them.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I'm a patriots fan and not a Cowboys fan, and even for a Patriots fan I am an extreme Belichick apologist. And I agree Dez probably wouldn't be a culture fit on the Pats. But as much as Bill's way works, there is more than one way to skin a cat. Dez might not fit everywhere but that doesn't make him a bad guy.
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

i doubt it but i'd love carolina to take out the seahawks
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE